PDA

View Full Version : Richie Sexson?

yadosoxfan
12-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Let's say we trade konerko and/or lee this weekend... I wouldn't mind if kenny gave richie sexson a look. At the cell, the guy could put up HUGE numbers (50 homer season?) and since he was injured last year, he probably won't be getting a huge contract. in fact, i really haven't heard much about him this offseason. What do ya think???

34 Inch Stick
12-10-2004, 11:35 AM
The Sox would be trading either player for pitching. Any good pitcher they trade for will probably cost about the same as the 8 million Konerko/Lee are due. No one is going to give up good, inexpensive pitching. KW has said that the Sox are tapped and since the trade would not produce a reduction in salary, you have to figure there would be no other signing.

nccwsfan
12-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Delgado would be more what the Sox are looking for- lefty power hitter. But Stick is right, ain't gonna happen if we trade for a frontline pitcher......

FightingBillini
12-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Delgado would be more what the Sox are looking for- lefty power hitter. But Stick is right, ain't gonna happen if we trade for a frontline pitcher......
I agree, we need a power hitting lefty in the middle of our lineup. Although ESPN reported that we were interested in/talked to Delgado, I dont see it happening.