PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Wolf made a Hilarious Comment today

Hangar18
12-10-2004, 09:35 AM
He was doing the sports and said " The Sox strengthened their Grip on 2nd place ...by signing Jermaine Dye yesterday" I was laughing my butt off.
Hes probably right.

Justafan
12-10-2004, 09:38 AM
2nd place? Did the Indians and Twins move to another didvision?

santo=dorf
12-10-2004, 09:43 AM
2nd place? Did the Indians and Twins move to another didvision?:troll
:crossdresser

TommyJohn
12-10-2004, 10:02 AM
:troll
:crossdresser
How is that a troll remark?

kittle42
12-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Because some people's glasses are a little too rose-colored.

MeanFish
12-10-2004, 10:20 AM
You might want to let people actually play the games this year. Weren't we supposed to get third last year? Fourth even?

Weather in April is easier to predict than the AL Central. If you're going to err, err on the side of optimism and appreciate the players we've got.

ChiSoxBobette
12-10-2004, 10:21 AM
He was doing the sports and said " The Sox strengthened their Grip on 2nd place ...by signing Jermaine Dye yesterday" I was laughing my butt off.
Hes probably right.Bruce Wolf is no talent idiot

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Weather in April is easier to predict than the AL Central.
How so? The Twins have won the AL Central the past 3 seasons :rolleyes: .

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Bruce Wolf is no talent idiot
It's still a funny quote. I mean seriously, do you actually think Dye is the missing piece that is going to put the Sox over the top and into 1st Place?

munchman33
12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Because some people think that by not being world beaters and signing every free agent out there we're mysteriously going to become a million times worse next year.

CHISOXFAN13
12-10-2004, 10:29 AM
2nd place? Did the Indians and Twins move to another didvision?

What exactly have the Indians done to vault the White Sox at this point?

MeanFish
12-10-2004, 10:29 AM
True. But did you have the Royals pegged to go down like a dress on prom night? We knew Cleveland would be improved, but did we think they would be *that* improved?

The middle of the order stays healthy and we win that division. Nobody ever thought that ever had a chance of happening in the first place.

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Because some people think that by not being world beaters and signing every free agent out there we're mysteriously going to become a million times worse next year.
So only wanting the best players for the team you cheer for makes you a troll?

Interesting..... :dtroll:

kittle42
12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
So only wanting the best players for the team you cheer for makes you a troll?

Interesting..... :dtroll:
I don;t understand people who can't cheer for a team, hope for the best, and still admit the organization freakin' sucks.

munchman33
12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
I don;t understand people who can't cheer for a team, hope for the best, and still admit the organization freakin' sucks.
I didn't realize we finished in last. Or were even below .500. Or went into the last month of the season without a chance of playoffs.

Oh, wait, that hasn't been the case in half a decade.

It's one thing to admit the team has holes. It's another to speculate unjustly that a team that consistantly competes and finishes at least in second place every year is fixed in fourth place next season. That's absolutely ludacris, and only a :dtroll: would say that.

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 11:03 AM
I didn't realize we finished in last. Or were even below .500. Or went into the last month of the season without a chance of playoffs.

Oh, wait, that hasn't been the case in half a decade.
With one playoff appearance, in that time, coupled with a 3 and out. Sorry if the end result's mean more to me than the record at season's end. Silly me.

SoxFan76
12-10-2004, 11:06 AM
What the heck was the name of Wolf's character on Friday's with Steve Dahl, I wanted to say Jim Shorts, but obviously that was Kevin Matthews.

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
What the heck was the name of Wolf's character on Friday's with Steve Dahl, I wanted to say Jim Shorts, but obviously that was Kevin Matthews.
Chet Chit-chat.

Just awful

Lip Man 1
12-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I see so finishing in second place makes things justified.....and averaging 83 wins a season since 1998 is 'above average...'

Hmmmmm....must be the new math.

Lip

munchman33
12-10-2004, 01:32 PM
With one playoff appearance, in that time, coupled with a 3 and out. Sorry if the end result's mean more to me than the record at season's end. Silly me.
I'm not denying that. I'm calling people who think this is a losing team or anything less than a division contender a :dtroll: .

Hangar18
12-10-2004, 02:03 PM
theres probably no bigger sox fan than me ........
and yes this is an OK team, but we have alot of HOLES (most self-inflicted)
and we keep getting just a little worse at each position,
this team ISNT A CONTENDER unless we can add a Clement or a Hudson
to the staff. And we CANT trade Konerko and Lee. we have enough
Question marks on offense to start Creating More Holes.
this team really gets to me sometimes ........... sighs

LVSoxFan
12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm not denying that. I'm calling people who think this is a losing team or anything less than a division contender a :dtroll: .
Hey I love the Sox to death but right now they're basically a lock for second place year after year--except maybe in '05, when Cleveland vaults us and becomes the thorn in Minnesota's side that we've failed to be for years.

Contender? Not yet. Not when we got smoked by Minnesota last year and struggled with shoulda-been-below-us Cleveland and Detroit. The only one we beat with authority all the time was K.C.--but who didn't?

munchman33
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Once again. I am calling those predicting 4th place :dtroll: .

Everyone else, I tend to agree with your interpretations. This team is good enough to contend for the division, but not win it. I still think we're a starter away from winning the division.

oeo
12-10-2004, 03:43 PM
You might want to let people actually play the games this year. Weren't we supposed to get third last year? Fourth even?

Weather in April is easier to predict than the AL Central. If you're going to err, err on the side of optimism and appreciate the players we've got.
I don't know about fourth but I'd rather go into the season with the media saying were going to be crap then say we're finally going to take the division because that way I won't be let down again.

I'm starting to think that I'd rather have the Sox rebuild because I do not see a World Championship anytime in the near future with this team.

santo=dorf
12-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Once again. I am calling those predicting 4th place :dtroll: .

Everyone else, I tend to agree with your interpretations. This team is good enough to contend for the division, but not win it. I still think we're a starter away from winning the division.Amen.

Could you imagine what this board would be like if we had Detroit's current rotation. But at least we would get to hear how our team is interested in Renteria, Beltran, Brew, Glaus, Kent, and Pavano!!!!

kojak
12-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Isn't that the mantra for Chicago sports? Has been all of my 41 years (excepting the Bulls of the 90s, of Coors)

steff
12-10-2004, 05:28 PM
theres probably no bigger sox fan than me ........
and yes this is an OK team, but we have alot of HOLES (most self-inflicted)
and we keep getting just a little worse at each position,
this team ISNT A CONTENDER unless we can add a Clement or a Hudson
to the staff. And we CANT trade Konerko and Lee. we have enough
Question marks on offense to start Creating More Holes.
this team really gets to me sometimes ........... sighs

It has to be said.. henry.. this is all your fault. If you had just kept your season tickets there would be plenty of money to buy everything you want them to. :rolleyes:

Whitesoxtom
12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Because certain people can't handle the cold hard reality that the White Sox are not going to be very good in 2005. God forbid someone actually bashes the might KW+JR brain trust.

But thats OK, let em dream. That's all us White Sox fans will be doing for a long time.

munchman33
12-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Because certain people can't handle the cold hard reality that the White Sox are not going to be very good in 2005. God forbid someone actually bashes the might KW+JR brain trust.

But thats OK, let em dream. That's all us White Sox fans will be doing for a long time.
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

steff
12-10-2004, 05:45 PM

Interesting post from someone with 8 posts.. :?:

flo-B-flo
12-10-2004, 09:25 PM
What the heck was the name of Wolf's character on Friday's with Steve Dahl, I wanted to say Jim Shorts, but obviously that was Kevin Matthews. Chet chit-chat

Whitesoxtom
12-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Interesting post from someone with 8 posts.. :?:

Does the amount of posts really matter? :wink:

I found this place a few months ago and just recently decided to get more involved.

I see plenty of great posts by awesome Sox fans. Once you get by the guys who are marking their territory with little troll pictures, it's pretty cool here.

I love the White Sox as much as anyone. Though I refuse to sit back and say things are going well with this team. Lets see what we can bring to town before spring training.

steff
12-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Does the amount of posts really matter? :wink:

I found this place a few months ago and just recently decided to get more involved.

I see plenty of great posts by awesome Sox fans. Once you get by the guys who are marking their territory with little troll pictures, it's pretty cool here.

I love the White Sox as much as anyone. Though I refuse to sit back and say things are going well with this team. Lets see what we can bring to town before spring training.

Sometimes, yes. Many of us have come to a mutual respect and comfort level here. Walking in and getting in the middle of a name calling spat - which is usually sarcasm and frustration - is usually a way to get called a troll yourself. If you've been here a while.. you should know that. Get more involved.. learn the personalities. A lot of great people here.

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Does the amount of posts really matter?
Nope. Opinions are like KISS records... everyone has one.

TommyJohn
12-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Nope. Opinions are like KISS records... everyone has one.
I don't. TONGUE, baby!!