PDA

View Full Version : We need Tim Hudson

Gammons Peter
12-10-2004, 08:18 AM
What will it take? Would they take Konerko and Garland? maybe throw in a mid-prospect. Gload and Everett can handle first base and we wind up with the best staff in baseball.

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 08:25 AM
We do. But apparently Kenny doesn't believe we do. Maybe he's just doing his under the radar act, but it doesn't seem like Kenny has any interest, which is a shame. Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia would give us our own Big 3. Buy hey, we got Grilli! Yippee! Ugh...:(:

BRDSR
12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
What will it take? Would they take Konerko and Garland? maybe throw in a mid-prospect. Gload and Everett can handle first base and we wind up with the best staff in baseball.
I've heard this before on this board and I want to put an end to it right now. Everett cannot play first base, that is not a viable option. He has played a total of 0 games at first base at the major league level. This isn't 7th grade, when any leftover can just be stuck at first base.

DirtySouthsider
12-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I've heard this before on this board and I want to put an end to it right now. Everett cannot play first base, that is not a viable option. He has played a total of 0 games at first base at the major league level. This isn't 7th grade, when any leftover can just be stuck at first base.

I agree 110%! I love the line about the 7th grader.

Ol' No. 2
12-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I've heard this before on this board and I want to put an end to it right now. Everett cannot play first base, that is not a viable option. He has played a total of 0 games at first base at the major league level. This isn't 7th grade, when any leftover can just be stuck at first base.How about 3B? Can he play third? Then we can get rid of that bum Crede.

SEALgep
12-10-2004, 09:14 AM
We do. But apparently Kenny doesn't believe we do. Maybe he's just doing his under the radar act, but it doesn't seem like Kenny has any interest, which is a shame. Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia would give us our own Big 3. Buy hey, we got Grilli! Yippee! Ugh...:(:If we trade Garland in an attempt to get other pitching, we essentially lock Grilli as the fifth starter. I'm fine with it, but keep it in consideration.

MRKARNO
12-10-2004, 09:18 AM
We do. But apparently Kenny doesn't believe we do. Maybe he's just doing his under the radar act, but it doesn't seem like Kenny has any interest, which is a shame. Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia would give us our own Big 3. Buy hey, we got Grilli! Yippee! Ugh...:(:

I guarentee that Kenny is concocting a major trade at this very moment to bring us a good or great starting pitcher. What would a Sox offseason be without a huge trade for a pitcher? KW loves blockbuster deals and I cant see him avoiding one this offseason.

Ol' No. 2
12-10-2004, 09:22 AM
If we trade Garland in an attempt to get other pitching, we essentially lock Grilli as the fifth starter. I'm fine with it, but keep it in consideration.No, we don't. Payroll is now about $70M, and they're believed to be willing to go to about $75M. Now suppose, for example, they trade PK and Garland for Vaszquez and cash. The Yanks were offering $10-15M earlier. PK + JG = JV salary-wise, so the cash is available to spend on a FA pitcher. That money plus the additional $5M they still are willing to spend should be enough to get Clement.

SoxFanTillDeath
12-10-2004, 09:30 AM
I would only be willing to trade JG if we get enough money in return to sign a FA SP like Clement. We're completely running in place if we trade one of our 4 starters for another starter. We need addition, not substitution.

CubKilla
12-10-2004, 10:22 AM
What would a Sox offseason be without a huge trade for a pitcher?
I'd call it the offseason of '03-'04

KW loves blockbuster deals and I cant see him avoiding one this offseason.
He's going to have to pull one off if any attempt is going to be made to acquire a player that'll make me take a step back and say, "Whoa!" Of course, the White Sox and KW are already remarking that they are strapped for cash for '04-'05 after acquiring Hermanson and Dye.

rdivaldi
12-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Don't forget though that if we trade for Hudson then Beane will probably demand one of our top prospects, and we all know how Kenny can't say no to him.

So thinking about it, would people be kosher with a trade of Konerko, Garland, and McCarthy for Hudson. I wouldn't do it....

FarmerAndy
12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I would only be willing to trade JG if we get enough money in return to sign a FA SP like Clement. We're completely running in place if we trade one of our 4 starters for another starter. We need addition, not substitution.
My thoughts, exactly. While Garland has never become the #2 or #3 guy that we all hoped he would be, he makes a great #5 guy in the rotation. We need to get another semi-stud in the rotation, pushing Garland back to the #5 spot. Trading Garland to bring in another starter, no matter how good said starter is, still leaves an empty hole in the #5 spot. Unless we could nab Hudson AND get a guy like Clement, I don't trade Garland.