PDA

View Full Version : More Rumors

Harris=God
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
In an ESPN article they posted the 10 players who most likley will get traded this offseason. Paulie is number 10 on the list and probably no big news but it says that Atlanta has talked to us about Andrew Jones. Also I was suprised to see Alfonzo Soriano on the list, maybe and hopefully KW will make a push at him instead of RJ and vasquez.

DSpivack
12-09-2004, 10:40 PM
In an ESPN article they posted the 10 players who most likley will get traded this offseason. Paulie is number 10 on the list and probably no big news but it says that Atlanta has talked to us about Andrew Jones. Also I was suprised to see Alfonzo Soriano on the list, maybe and hopefully KW will make a push at him instead of RJ and vasquez.
Soriano, eh. I'd much rather have Andruw Jones. This should be in a mix of teal and pink.

Jabroni
12-09-2004, 10:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1942763
10. Paul Konerko (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5908)
After a series of bizarre, schizo seasons, Konerko finally put two halves together this summer -- and finished second in the league in homers (41). He also crashed the top 10 in RBI (117) and slugging (.535). So the White Sox tossed his name out there for Arizona's consideration in a run at Randy Johnson. And even though that deal's a goner, Konerko could still move in the kind of blockbuster GM Kenny Williams loves to pursue this time of year.The RJ deal is dead. KW has already said that RJ won't be a White Sox because he won't waive his no-trade clause to play for us.8. Andruw Jones (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5681)
You may not have noticed if you haven't paid close attention. But Jones has slid from the Michael Jordan of defensive center fielders to merely the Vince Carter of this crowd. He's still fun to watch. He can still crash the Web Gem reel. He can still turn doubles into F-8's. But Jones has slipped. He ran down 100 fewer balls this season than he did five years ago. The Braves haven't always been happy with his work habits. And just when you thought he was making progress offensively, he set a career high in strikeouts (147). But Jones' most critical number is 39 million -- the number of dollars left on his contract (over three years). He's about the only big-ticket item the Braves could move. So they have talked to the White Sox and Orioles. And if a deal gets huge enough, they might just pull the trigger.With the signing of Jermaine Dye, I doubt the White Sox are interested anymore. We have more than enough outfielders now. Before signing Dye, I could have seen us with an outfield of Carlos Lee in LF, Andruw Jones in CF, and Aaron Rowand in RF but not now. Damn, I wish we could have traded Magglio for Andruw Jones last season. :whiner:

fusillirob1983
12-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I'd much rather have another decent starting pitcher than an overrated second baseman.

Jabroni
12-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I'd much rather have another decent starting pitcher than an overrated second baseman.Of course. I don't think KW is interested in Soriano anyways.

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Has anyone noticed Stark put Marte on the list of other pitchers that might be traded? :?:

Uh, I don't think so, Jason with a y. :tsk:

nitetrain8601
12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm surprised you didn't jump on the fact that Borchard was on that list.

Jabroni
12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Has anyone noticed Stark put Marte on the list of other pitchers that might be traded? :?:

Uh, I don't think so, Jason with a y. :tsk:Joe Borchard is also on his list, although I wouldn't mind seeing that actually happen.

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Joe Borchard is also on his list, although I wouldn't mind seeing that actually happen.
I wouldn't mind it either. But Borchard getting traded seems more realistic than Marte getting trade. That was my point about Marte.

Chisoxfn
12-10-2004, 02:09 AM

Uh, I don't think so, Jason with a y. :tsk: I'm with ya. Kenny would have to be overwhelmed to deal him considering his production and AFFORDABLE contract.

Plus I expect him to pitch closer to two and 3 seasons ago compared to last years (when he was still good, just not amazing like usual).