PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else thought of this?!?!

OG4LIFE
12-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Ok we've got jermaine dye. not a bad move, considering the price tag, and he's only 30. he's going to play right field/dh...

so...

where does this leave carl everett??!?! obviously (healthy) frank is our dh, and i'd rather have dye playing defense than everett, but either way we are going to have a 4-5 million dollar bat on our bench, platooning/pinch hitting. kind of a waste? considering we still don't have a viable #5 starter that can keep us in games? didnt we see what the #5 spot did to us last year?

i've always liked kenny... but considering his drafts, some of his trades (he has scored huge on some, poor on others, esp. bringing back everett and alomar last year), and the way that the 2005 team looks... i'm starting to think we need someone new :angry: ...

wdelaney72
12-09-2004, 07:04 PM
We all know Everett is pricey at $4 million. Every other GM knows that, as well. I don't see it happening.

Jurr
12-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Carl will DH until Frank gets back....IF he gets back. He'll be able to play, but at what level, we just don't know. I don't think enough people know exactly how career-threatening his injuries are for a man that depends on his feet and throws as much weight on that joint as Frank does. I hope Frank's okay, but it's very iffy.

Jabroni
12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
It looks like Everett could be out DH for the start of next season if Frank isn't healthy enough by then. I could see KW trading Carl after the All Star break if he puts up some good first half numbers. If we aren't in contention then, Everett could help another team and he would only cost $2 million for the remainder of the season.

striker60657
12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
I look for Kornerko to be trade. Everett will DH. Gload will play 1st until Thomas comes back. If Gload does good they'll probably shop Everett or keep him around as insurance. Either way we'll have alot of depth.

Gosox1917
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I just hope Carl is healthy and sheds a few pounds. I know Ozzie told him to lose the gut, so hopefully he listens. A fat Carl equals many nagging injuries this team really doesn't need.

WikdChiSoxFan
12-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Everett DH's till Big Frank's triumphant return...then I say we make Crazy Carl an official mascot...every friday night a cage match between Crazy Carl and Southpaw...i hope we can get some computer generated mini-crazy carl dinosaur up on the jumbotron like BlackJack...all right, enough of that

but seriously, who is gonna pick this guy up unless their two best hitters go down with injuries when they're in the race for a division title

Jjav829
12-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Well, he's certainly a nice asset to have as long as the Sox don't mind paying him $4 million to be a bench player. I would be in favor of trading him if it meant we could afford to go after Clement. But as of now, it seems like the plan is to keep Everett around as insurance. That's not a bad plan. We certainly helps us if Frank isn't ready to start the season. If Frank is ready to start the season, I think Everett can be used effectively in a role similar to the way Uribe was used last year. While Everett wouldn't play as much as Uribe did, he'd be a nice stick to give Dye, Frank, or Lee a day off here and there. Particularly those first two who have more health concerns. It might not be a bad idea to give Dye and/or Frank a day off against a tough righty here and there in order to keep them fresh over the long haul.

minastirith67
12-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, he's certainly a nice asset to have as long as the Sox don't mind paying him $4 million to be a bench player. I would be in favor of trading him if it meant we could afford to go after Clement. But as of now, it seems like the plan is to keep Everett around as insurance. That's not a bad plan. We certainly helps us if Frank isn't ready to start the season. If Frank is ready to start the season, I think Everett can be used effectively in a role similar to the way Uribe was used last year. While Everett wouldn't play as much as Uribe did, he'd be a nice stick to give Dye, Frank, or Lee a day off here and there. Particularly those first two who have more health concerns. It might not be a bad idea to give Dye and/or Frank a day off against a tough righty here and there in order to keep them fresh over the long haul.
and what of Timo Perez?!?