PDA

View Full Version : How about we trade Konerko to ...

Madbilly
12-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Just putting this up here for discussion, how about a trade Konerko to Toronto for Miguel Batista. I know it wouldn't be a straight up trade, there would be other parts thrown in for good measure but I'm just wondering about the major parts of the trade. Toronto is looking for someone to replace Delgado and it would give us a good 3-5 starter, who happens to not give up a lot of flyballs/homeruns and is a groundball pitcher. With the money we save we could go and sign a 2nd baseman and 1st basemen in case Gloud doesn't cut it.
Maybe Cairo or Polanco for 2nd and Travis Lee for 1st (we can't afford Sexson or Delgado evenwith any extra money we save)

A link to Batista's Stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=4815

Jabroni
12-09-2004, 05:20 PM
I'd rather get Javier Vazquez with the Yankees paying alot of his contract.

Madbilly
12-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Why? In order to get Vazquez we would probably have to give up Garland which would leave us in the same postion no 5th starter, no 2nd base, and no money to spend. I think he is owed about 35 million for the next 3 years(I could be wrong) that's still a lot of money even if the Yankees pick up 1/3 of it. Plus Arizona has no need for Konerko.

This way we get a pitcher with similar stats and is cheaper

Jabroni
12-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Why? In order to get Vazquez we would probably have to give up Garland which would leave us in the same postion no 5th starter, no 2nd base, and no money to spend. I think he is owed about 35 million for the next 3 years(I could be wrong) that's still a lot of money even if the Yankees pick up 1/3 of it. Plus Arizona has no need for Konerko.

This way we get a pitcher with similar stats and is cheaperBecause Miguel Batista is no better than Garland.

Madbilly
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
If you look at Garland's stats over the past 3 years compared to Batista's over the last 3 years, Miguel has been better.

A rotation of:
Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Batista
Garland

Looks a lot better then:
Buerhle
Garcia
Vazquez
Contreras
Grilli/Diaz/???