PDA

View Full Version : Damn Yanks!


GASHWOUND
10-14-2001, 06:20 PM
These Yanks are pesky Mo Fo's, aren't they. A game 5 is gonna happen and I'm a little worried. Dye is out with a bruised shin and he is important to that team. I even cringed when that ball hit is shin, OUCH..
MAN, if the yankees make it pass the A's they'll probably make it to the WS..Again..(Sigh.... Can't they let somebody else win a WS besides them. Aren't they even sick of themselves? Jeez, It's just sickens me.
The A's better win game 5.

Spiff
10-14-2001, 06:45 PM
This is just the icing on the (*#%Y^#@*%'ing cake. I could easily be 13-1 for the pick em today. Now these goddamn Yankees and it's so aggrivating! They give up a double with a man on first and he doesn't score!!!! I need some Aleve...

GASHWOUND
10-14-2001, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
This is just the icing on the (*#%Y^#@*%'ing cake. I could easily be 13-1 for the pick em today. Now these goddamn Yankees and it's so aggrivating! They give up a double with a man on first and he doesn't score!!!! I need some Aleve...

The A's got some slow movers on that club. Its like 8 Paul Konerko's on 1 team.

Off the subject, Damon doesn't have that much stolen bases. Wh are we going after to be our lead off guy if he can't steal bases? I guess its contagious on this A's team.

Daver
10-14-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


The A's got some slow movers on that club. Its like 8 Paul Konerko's on 1 team.

I think perhaps you are exagerating a bit,that is a physical impossibility.

Spiff
10-14-2001, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
The A's got some slow movers on that club. Its like 8 Paul Konerko's on 1 team.

It wasn't that he was slow, it was a ground rule double that came back in the park but he had to stay at 3rd.

Paulwny
10-14-2001, 07:38 PM
As my neighbor says, "3 constants, death, taxes and the yanks will be there at the end. DAMN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GASHWOUND
10-14-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
As my neighbor says, "3 constants, death, taxes and the yanks will be there at the end. DAMN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, that's true.
Also another constant: Howry will walk the first batter he faces.
:)

Nellie_Fox
10-14-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Dye is out with a bruised shin and he is important to that team. I even cringed when that ball hit is shin, OUCH..

Initial reports were a bruise; subsequent report is a fracture of the tibia. That's the weight bearing bone, so he's done.

The A's had the Yanks on the ropes and let them off.

FarWestChicago
10-14-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
The A's had the Yanks on the ropes and let them off. Sad but true. Mulder better bring his A+ game.

Jerry_Manuel
10-14-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Mulder better bring his A+ game.

As opposed to Rocky Biddle's "A" game.

duke of dorwood
10-15-2001, 08:50 AM
Ron Gant was never the same after breaking his leg. This could cost Dye lots of $ in the future. The Yuckess do get every "brake"