PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand

SpartanSoxFan
12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Assuming he stays healthy and Ozzie has him playing every day, what kind of performance should we expect out of him??? Is an All-Star spot out of the question? Discuss.

nitetrain8601
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes. I don't think he will make the all-star team unless he goes crazy in the first half. He is solid. Really solid, but I don't see an all-star game in his future.

MRKARNO
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
He got better as the year went on, so I think we can at least expect a similar performance or better. He's a hard worker and wont be resting on his performance last year. All star bid out of the question? Maybe as a reserve, but I couldnt see him getting voted as a starter.

chisoxmike
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm hoping he does what he did in 2004, consistancy is what I want from him. He's going to be batting either #1 or #2, if he gets on base things are going to be good, if he falls, we've got problems. In think 2005 is going to tell us if Rowand is going to be the Major Leauge player we, and the White Sox have thought and want him to be.

MeanFish
12-09-2004, 07:45 PM
He got better as the year went on, so I think we can at least expect a similar performance or better. He's a hard worker and wont be resting on his performance last year. All star bid out of the question? Maybe as a reserve, but I couldnt see him getting voted as a starter.
Sadly, I have to agree. Even if he goes absolutely ape, you have to figure that postseason fever gives Johnny Damon a lock on CF. Unless Beltran ends up in the AL again. Then he makes it instead.

batmanZoSo
12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Yes. I don't think he will make the all-star team unless he goes crazy in the first half. He is solid. Really solid, but I don't see an all-star game in his future.
I don't either. He's one of those in-between players, he's not fast enough to be a great center fielder or a leadoff man, and he doesn't have great power in the corners. If he's the same as last year, he'll be a great player to have around, but not an all-star. Not that it matters anyway.

SpartanSoxFan
12-09-2004, 08:07 PM
All I really want to see is a decent average (.310), some stolen bases, and good on base percentage. If he does those three things I think we will be in good shape.

striker60657
12-09-2004, 08:35 PM
He has been a slow starter the past couple years. That's why it took him so long to get some consistent playing time. Hopefully he now knows what he is capable of doing and really jumps out of the gates. He is very talented and could quite possibly sneak in as a All Star Reserve if he starts off the season good.

spanishwhite
12-09-2004, 09:23 PM
.290/25/75

with an OPS of.850-.900

MeanFish
12-09-2004, 10:37 PM
.305/30/85

Randar68
12-10-2004, 10:27 AM
I don't either. He's one of those in-between players, he's not fast enough to be a great center fielder or a leadoff man, and he doesn't have great power in the corners. If he's the same as last year, he'll be a great player to have around, but not an all-star. Not that it matters anyway.
Excellent break-down of it.