PDA

View Full Version : Carlapalooza is over

Jjav829
12-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Carl Pavano has canceled his trip to Anaheim and is returning to his home in Montreal to resume his offseason training and contemplate his choices.

"Until I really reflect on everything and have a little time away from it, I don't think I'll really be able to narrow it down," he said. "Every city has something special to offer that was really attractive."

Pavano said he plans on discussing his options with his girlfriend, Lindsey. "I'm making the decision for the two of us," he said. "It's going to be something I want her to be comfortable with as well. I know ultimately it's my decision, but I definitely want her to be part of it. So I'm going to go to Montreal. I'm going to go up to my place up north. I guess they've got some snow. I'm going to go up there and light a fire and relax and try to unwind and definitely reflect on everything. I want to let everything set in a little bit, and definitely do some thinking."
I'm sure the Sox are high atop his list. The Sox supposedly had interest at the beginning of the offseason, yet we haven't heard anything recently. Is this a case of KW trying to fly under the radar and grab Player Y while everyone else goes after Player X. Perhaps Matt Clement being Player X? I hope so.

As for Pavano, I have the feeling he'll end up going to Boston when all is said and done. It just seems to fit him the best based on the speculation of what he wants. With Pedro possibly leaving the Red Sox for the Mets, the Red Sox need to make some kind of splash. Even if Pedro returns, Lowe is possibly gone.

Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041208&content_id=919910&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp)

chisoxmike
12-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I would love to have him here on the south side, but that is a pipedream. For some I think he's going to the Tigers or Yankees.

Chisox_cali
12-09-2004, 12:31 AM
When I saw the title of the thread, I was like "who's Carla?" :D:

It's definately a hard one to add "apalooza" too. Next time I'd suggest a - between Carl and apalooza...

kittle42
12-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Is this a case of KW trying to fly under the radar and grab Player Y while everyone else goes after Player X. Perhaps Matt Clement being Player X? I hope so.
No. Dustin Hermanson was Player Y.:smile:

ilsox7
12-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Carl Pavano has canceled his trip to Anaheim and is returning to his home in Montreal to resume his offseason training and contemplate his choices.

I'm sure the Sox are high atop his list. The Sox supposedly had interest at the beginning of the offseason, yet we haven't heard anything recently. Is this a case of KW trying to fly under the radar and grab Player Y while everyone else goes after Player X. Perhaps Matt Clement being Player X? I hope so.

As for Pavano, I have the feeling he'll end up going to Boston when all is said and done. It just seems to fit him the best based on the speculation of what he wants. With Pedro possibly leaving the Red Sox for the Mets, the Red Sox need to make some kind of splash. Even if Pedro returns, Lowe is possibly gone.

Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041208&content_id=919910&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp)
I'd put my money on Pedro returning to the Red Sox and Pavano going to NY. He grew up a NY fan and his mom and sister have already bought Yankee gold rings or somehting. It wouldnt surprise me to see the Yankees then also sign Milton. That gives them like 6 starting pitchers and they can trade one or keep them for insurance. Most teams scrape together 5 guys, the Yankees will have 6 solid ones.

Jjav829
12-09-2004, 03:50 AM
When I saw the title of the thread, I was like "who's Carla?" :D:

It's definately a hard one to add "apalooza" too. Next time I'd suggest a - between Carl and apalooza...
Hey, I'm just going off of what I've seen it called. I can't help it if someone else didn't hyphenate this fake name. :smile:

OEO Magglio
12-09-2004, 07:25 AM

I think it was from rotoworld where it was mentioned that Washington is trying to recruit Odalis Perez for 5 million a year. Kenny has had interest in him before and everything has been pretty quiet with him. For 5 million dollars this guy would easily be the steal of the free agent class, this might be the guy that kenny is looking at.

34 Inch Stick
12-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Why would any rich and famous guy in his baseball and sexual prime even consider what a girlfriend had to say. Under the same circumstances, I would be basing my decision on where my girlfriend would not go.

wdelaney72
12-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Why would any rich and famous guy in his baseball and sexual prime even consider what a girlfriend had to say. Under the same circumstances, I would be basing my decision on where my girlfriend would not go.
The same reason why these same idiots get married, have kids, when they know they're just going to fly around the country and pitch a different tent every night.

I'll give Mark Grace credit for that one. The guy had his fun and waited til near reitrement to get married and start the family.

I've come to the conclusion that professional athletes are not the brightest folks out there.

soltrain21
12-09-2004, 07:31 PM
The same reason why these same idiots get married, have kids, when they know they're just going to fly around the country and pitch a different tent every night.

I am sure some of the players out there have morals. But we are talking about a guy who broke up with Jessica Alba.

She should of realized the whole time her future lies with me, though.

Nick@Nite
12-09-2004, 07:39 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, I was like "who's Carla?"

Same here... then I thought what the heck, as long as she can pitch. :D:

RKMeibalane
12-09-2004, 07:45 PM
I am sure some of the players out there have morals. But we are talking about a guy who broke up with Jessica Alba.

She should of realized the whole time her future lies with me, though.
He broke up with Alyssa Millano, too. At the time, he said he "didn't want to live under a microscope," or something to that effect. Pavano doesn't seem to be the type of person who reacts well to increased media attention. Maybe that will determine where he ends up. Then again, maybe not. Money talks, and everything else walks.

southsider17
12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I've come to the conclusion that professional athletes are not the brightest folks out there.
You've just come to that conclusion?! You don't happen to be a professional athlete, do you?

Sorry, nothing personal. That was just too hard to pass up. :D: