PDA

View Full Version : Link for conference call with Kenny.

chisoxmike
12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Listen to the conference call about the signing with Kenny. Interesting. KW sounds very defeated.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041208&content_id=919821&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

pudge
12-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Did you notice on the left side of that page it says Phil Rogers is with the Sun Times??

kittle42
Well, one middle relief hole filled...they may not even do anything else in the pen.

But I'd agree he was likely defeated for at least one of those FA starters that was signed.

:reinsy
"And we all know who got the 'victory' there."

Justafan
I said this yesterday and I really think it is true. KW has to be thinking what am I doing this for?

Vizquel was a done deal and he ends up in SF without even letting the Sox know.

Wright was close to signing(at least that was the story) and he goes to NY.

RJ was on the radar and while KW would have been spent too much to get him, it would have been a serious notch in his belt. RJ then says "pass".

He sounds defeated and I don't blame him. Players are not wanting to sign here and it he is desperate for anything.

Tekijawa
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Man he sounds depleated.... Hermanson got one whole question addressed about him.
Grili Mentioned as the 5th... and no whe said he would love to have Schoney back if the price is right... d'oh! On Maggs, they have the truth, no one should question his actions to this point. And the Sox Didn't recomend that he go to Austria for the surgery.

ilsox7
12-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Man he sounds depleated.... Hermanson got one whole question addressed about him.
Grili Mentioned as the 5th... and no whe said he would love to have Schoney back if the price is right... d'oh! On Maggs, they have the truth, no one should question his actions to this point. And the Sox Didn't recomend that he go to Austria for the surgery.
Yea...after hearing this I am of the opinion that I highly doubt we are signing another starter. Certainly not Clement. I still think Jermaine Dye may happen or Hidalgo. Eh, time will tell.

Flight #24
12-08-2004, 05:05 PM
FWIW from KW on the Maggs surgery

Reporter: "So you didn't recommend that he go to Austria"
KW: "That would be a No"
Can't get any plainer than that. KW's generally been, if anything, too honest, not a liar. The same cannot be said about Scott Boras. There's no doubt in my mind who's lying in this instance.

kittle42
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Grili Mentioned as the 5th...
Again, while this increases the inevitability of the season sucking...I'm waiting to unleash my disgruntled "I told you so."