PDA

View Full Version : What about JD Drew for RF?

Palehose Pete
12-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Drew was great last season. He won't get big money because of his injury history (which is a drawback, granted) so I think that the Sox could afford him no matter how much JR and KW plead poverty. Drew's a solid fielder, a really good hitter and a leftie to boot (which is something the White Sox could use).

WinningUgly!
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Drew was great last season. He won't get big money because of his injury history (which is a drawback, granted) so I think that the Sox could afford him no matter how much JR and KW plead poverty. Drew's a solid fielder, a really good hitter and a leftie to boot (which is something the White Sox could use).
Two words: Scott Boras.

Justafan
12-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Great player. Agent=Scott Boras.

KW=We will not be dealing with Scott Boras.

Translation=forgetdaboutit.

34 Inch Stick
12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that we will end up with Moises Alou in RF.

mdep524
12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Drew's a solid fielder, a really good hitter and a leftie to boot ...and a Boras client. Next topic.

Kogs35
12-08-2004, 02:30 PM
he wants 5 years 50 mill acording to the atlanta journal consitution

Vestigio
12-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Didn't Boras say that one of his clients was interested in the Sox?

CHISOXFAN13
12-08-2004, 02:35 PM

Not if the Mets have any say in that equation.

nitetrain8601
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
he wants 5 years 50 mill acording to the atlanta journal consitution
Sign me up.

Jjav829
12-08-2004, 02:44 PM
He could provide competition for Frank. They could compete to see who plays more games and who walks more. If nothing else, that part of it would be interesting.

Palehose13
12-08-2004, 02:53 PM
:o: STOP YOURSELF!

Kogs35
12-08-2004, 02:53 PM
He could provide competition for Frank. They could compete to see who plays more games and who walks more. If nothing else, that part of it would be interesting.
he would have good stats at us cellular

Dolanski
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
he would have good stats at us cellular
yes, would. The best we can hope for is that they sign Jermaine Dye. I read something about 3 years guaranteed. It could be worse, we could have an over the hill psycho and an underperforming rookie in RF. Oh wait, we already have that.

munchman33
12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Ouch. Do we have a tag for cheap shots? :cool:

Jjav829
12-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Ouch. Do we have a tag for cheap shots? :cool:Heh, it wasn't meant as a cheap shot really. They're both fantastic players when healthy. It's unfortunate that both have had to battle through injuries in recent years. I honestly had no clue Drew walked as many times as he did last year until I heard George Ofman say it yesterday. I knew Drew had a hell of a year, but the man walked 118 times. :o: That really would be fun to watch Drew and Thomas battle it out for the White Sox walk title, assuming Drew stays on course with the walk totals he put up last year.

Edit: The more I think about, the more I like this J.D. Drew to the Sox idea. Good hitter, left-handed, good defensively. Too bad Boras is his agent. Maybe Drew is the one match the Sox and Boras had. :bandance:

OzzieBall2004
12-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Drew would be an awesome addition, but so would a lot of players we aren't going to sign....I like Alou, and wouldnt mind him in RF, but I think he'll go to the Mets.....Im so frustrated right now, I just want something to go down.... :mad:

munchman33
12-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Heh, it wasn't meant as a cheap shot really. They're both fantastic players when healthy. It's unfortunate that both have had to battle through injuries in recent years. I honestly had no clue Drew walked as many times as he did last year until I heard George Ofman say it yesterday. I knew Drew had a hell of a year, but the man walked 118 times. :o: That really would be fun to watch Drew and Thomas battle it out for the White Sox walk title, assuming Drew stays on course with the walk totals he put up last year.

Edit: The more I think about, the more I like this J.D. Drew to the Sox idea. Good hitter, left-handed, good defensively. Too bad Boras is his agent. Maybe Drew is the one match the Sox and Boras had. :bandance:
I'd love to see J.D. Drew sign here (definately elevating him to keeper status on my fantasy baseball keeper league team), but there are other guys I'd rather see. Like Pavano and Clement.

Jjav829
12-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Drew would be an awesome addition, but so would a lot of players we aren't going to sign....I like Alou, and wouldnt mind him in RF, but I think he'll go to the Mets.....Im so frustrated right now, I just want something to go down.... :mad::KW :reinsy

"We signed Dustin Hermanson. What more do you want?"

voodoochile
12-08-2004, 09:00 PM
SUre... JD Drew in RF that will happen right after we get D. Trump to buy the team...