PDA

View Full Version : Scott Schoenweis

Slow Mike
12-08-2004, 12:38 PM
What is Scott Schoenweis' situation? It was reported that the Sox did not offer arbitration to Mags, the Alomars, and Jose. It said nothing about Schoney. Wouldn't be make a better fifth stater option then the guy we currently have penciled in, Jason Grilli, assuming he becomes healthy?

Chrisaway
12-08-2004, 12:45 PM
What is Scott Schoenweis' situation? It was reported that the Sox did not offer arbitration to Mags, the Alomars, and Jose. It said nothing about Schoney. Wouldn't be make a better fifth stater option then the guy we currently have penciled in, Jason Grilli, assuming he becomes healthy?
I guess he'd be ok in a spot starter/long relief role if he stayed healthy.

southsider17
12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
I think he falls under the non-tendering option since I don't believe he has enough years in for full free agency. That deadline is later this month (the date escapes me).

Ol' No. 2
12-08-2004, 12:57 PM
I think he falls under the non-tendering option since I don't believe he has enough years in for full free agency. That deadline is later this month (the date escapes me).Dec. 20

wdelaney72
12-08-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't mind keeping him in the bullpen, but I want no part of going into the season with him penciled in as a starter.