PDA

View Full Version : The Kelly Wunsch era is over.

cheeses_h_rice
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Signed to the Dodgers per the Score.

mweflen
12-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Congrats to him. He was a class act and a great guy with the fans.

I'm sure he'll post a 1.50 ERA and Sox management will still try to act as though it was a good thing they got rid of him.

Kogs35
12-08-2004, 11:34 AM
whois this kelly wunsch guy. i never heard of him

soxfan26
12-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Signed to the Dodgers per the Score.
With the 'pen that the Sox have assembled WHO NEEDS HIM?

santo=dorf
12-08-2004, 12:12 PM

I'm sure he'll post a 1.50 ERA and Sox management will still try to act as though it was a good thing they got rid of him.*****.

I bet you he'll post a 3.5 ERA over 34 games with 11 IP, if he can stay healthy. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
12-08-2004, 12:19 PM

I bet you he'll post a 3.5 ERA over 34 games with 11 IP, if he can stay healthy. :rolleyes:With about 16 BB.

Iwritecode
12-08-2004, 12:27 PM

I have to second that.

I met him three times (twice at Soxfest and once at the park) and he was always quite friendly and easy to talk to. He was the first autograph my daughters got on their first visit to the park.

Last year at Soxfest I saw him in the bar on Saturday night and he was nice enough to come over and talk to my wife because she was too shy to walk up to him.

I wish him the best. :gulp:

Ol' No. 2
12-08-2004, 12:29 PM
I have to second that.

I met him three times (twice at Soxfest and once at the park) and he was always quite friendly and easy to talk to. He was the first autograph my daughters got on their first visit to the park.

Last year at Soxfest I saw him in the bar on Saturday night and he was nice enough to come over and talk to my wife because she was too shy to walk up to him.

I wish him the best. :gulp:And if you saw him at the Saturday night party, you'll know he's a better musician than pitcher.:(:

fquaye149
12-08-2004, 12:33 PM
oh ****! the dynasty had to end sometime.

The Kelly Wunsch era is over

I laughed about as loud as i have in a while when i saw this thread title.

Iwritecode
12-08-2004, 12:57 PM
And if you saw him at the Saturday night party, you'll know he's a better musician than pitcher.:(:

Actually I just missed that. Went out to eat and then came back.

Sadly, I did get to listen to Tony Ocean. Ask Steff or Mickster about how great he was.

Worst rendetion of "Sweet Home Chicago" I've ever heard in my entire life...

SoxFan78
12-08-2004, 02:46 PM
He was a class act and will be missed. At least he will be back at Comiskey 6/17-6/19

Huisj
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I have to second that.

I wish him the best. :gulp:
it's obvious why he's so cool. he has a mechanical engineering degree :cool:

ondafarm
12-08-2004, 10:46 PM
I thought KW was a class guy and gave everything he had for the team. Congrats to him for signing with a good organization.

nitetrain8601
12-09-2004, 12:08 AM
When you sign such high-caliber relievers as Kevin Walker and Dustin Hermanson, you don't need a no-name piece of junk guy like Kelly Wunsch. By far the worst reliever in baseball. Just wait and see when you see us trotting out grinders, and the Dodgers blow 15 games on Kelly Wunsch's walks and HR's.

I_Liked_Manuel
12-09-2004, 02:17 AM
...just another example of kenny williams trying to play tough guy...

santo=dorf
12-09-2004, 02:19 AM
...just another example of kenny williams trying to play tough guy...Here we go again....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any proof of this? Or should I wait for Randar to tear you a new one?

batmanZoSo
12-09-2004, 03:08 AM

I bet you he'll post a 3.5 ERA over 34 games with 11 IP, if he can stay healthy. :rolleyes:
11 ip sounds like he, in fact, didn't stay healthy.

Rex Hudler
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
He was a class act and will be missed. At least he will be back at Comiskey 6/17-6/19
The Las Vegas 51's are coming to town?

fquaye149
12-09-2004, 07:46 AM
honestly is this a cubs board?

you guys getting upset about a no longer good player leaving because
he was pretty good once and you like him as a person

:people in this thread
"BRING BACK TUFFY RHODES!!!!!"

honestly...is this what the board has come to?

ode to veeck
12-09-2004, 07:49 AM

welcome to offseason in the Clubhouse

Bobby Thigpen
12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
I liked Wunsch, but he really doesn't pitch enough, when perfectly healthy, to really get worked up about. Getting a lefty to pitch to ONE guy a game really isn't that hard. It's not like the Sox gave up the future Randy Johnson here.

Iwritecode
12-09-2004, 10:46 AM
honestly is this a cubs board?

you guys getting upset about a no longer good player leaving because
he was pretty good once and you like him as a person

:people in this thread
"BRING BACK TUFFY RHODES!!!!!"

I didn't read any posts where anyone was crying in their beer over the fact that he's gone.

He's just an all-around good guy that we hope will do well. It's called being a fan.

Is there really a problem with that?

southsider17
12-09-2004, 11:07 AM
it's obvious why he's so cool. he has a mechanical engineering degree :cool:
Does he really?! No wonder I liked him. :D:

The move to the Dodgers actually makes alot of sense to me, considering who their GM is - moneyballer DePodesta. I heard on the late Murph and Fred show (WSCR) when they had John Dewan on from Stats, Inc., that Wunsch was in the top 3 or 4 in all of MLB when it came to lowest batting average by lefty hitters. I think Johnson was first.

This pickup reminds me of the Oakland pickup of Chad Bradford from new Sox GM Kenny Williams by Billy Beane.

Okay, let me have it:duck:

fquaye149
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I didn't read any posts where anyone was crying in their beer over the fact that he's gone.

He's just an all-around good guy that we hope will do well. It's called being a fan.

Is there really a problem with that?
um IWC...let's look at some quotes from this thread:

When you sign such high-caliber relievers as Kevin Walker and Dustin Hermanson, you don't need a no-name piece of junk guy like Kelly Wunsch. By far the worst reliever in baseball. Just wait and see when you see us trotting out grinders, and the Dodgers blow 15 games on Kelly Wunsch's walks and HR's.
...just another example of kenny williams trying to play tough guy...

I'm sure he'll post a 1.50 ERA and Sox management will still try to act as though it was a good thing they got rid of him.

With the 'pen that the Sox have assembled WHO NEEDS HIM?

i wasn't referring to your post in the slightest...it's this idea that since kelly was effective once and was a fan favorite that we are *******s for shipping him off now that he is basically useless as a pitcher (lost 6 MPH).... that's the cub fan mentality i'm talking about.

i would love to see him succeed and he was a great person....but so was billy koch.

nasox
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
FInally! The curse is REVERSED!!!:rolleyes: