PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

MJK
10-14-2001, 04:26 PM
Hello new guy here, odd time to join i know. does any one have any links to rumour sites, the more bizzare the better. i am a sox fan in england and receive very little in the way of information on the chisox so would appreciate the possibilities of trade / free agent signings and a like.

is there any truth in the damon rumour???

thanks

-MJK

CerberusWG
10-14-2001, 04:30 PM
Ahh, a Brit! Let me the first to say Welcome m8! (I've known some Brits for about a year or so, so I know some lingo)

About rumor sites, I don't know any, but I'm sure some of the guys do know some. And about the Damon rumor, no one really knows. One of our members asked a guy in a certain orginization about Damon and he said that the Dodgers and the Sox will be going after him. Also, you have to remember that Boras is Damon's agent, and we have had little sucess with signing his players.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

CerberusWG
10-14-2001, 04:32 PM
Since you are from England, I must ask you, do you listen to Radiohead? I know very little Radiohead fans on the internet, and the more the better! :) I absolutley love Radiohead, heh.

FarWestChicago
10-14-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by MJK
Hello new guy here, odd time to join i know. does any one have any links to rumour sites, the more bizzare the better. i am a sox fan in england and receive very little in the way of information on the chisox so would appreciate the possibilities of trade / free agent signings and a like.

thanks

-MJK Welcome to WSI! I'm sure the rumor mill will get started pretty soon. You will find plenty here. I'm fairly certain somebody will know some other rumor sites, too. I'm glad you're one of us. How did you become a Sox fan?

MJK
10-14-2001, 04:48 PM
mate, nice touch, made me feel very welcome.

not a radiohead fan, not even sure if they are still around, they get very little air play or exposure over here these days.

Thankyou for the welcome

-MJK

GASHWOUND
10-14-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by MJK

thanks

-MJK

Welcome. I would assume that you would like rumor sites on baseball? Well, if you would like to know a rumor just come on here and ask, somebody on here is bound to know something about it.
Don't worry coming on late, there was really nothing to get excited for this year. But we did have field days on Howry, JM, and Clayton!
See, I knew we had fans overseas..Take that sCrubs! :)

Daver
10-14-2001, 05:06 PM
Welcome aboard MJK.

There are Sox fans everywhere.

Bmr31
10-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by MJK

thanks

-MJK

The best rumor sites that i know of are the fantasy baseball news sites. You can find those under of search of fantasy baseball news or roto news. THere are several...Rototimes.com is one of my favorites.

Vsahajpal
10-14-2001, 05:14 PM
where in England? I've got family all over the UK. Actually, I'm trying to enroll at the London School of Economics for summer classes. A few of my friends have already, said it's a wonderful experience.

MJK
10-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
where in England? I've got family all over the UK. Actually, I'm trying to enroll at the London School of Economics for summer classes. A few of my friends have already, said it's a wonderful experience.

I live in south London, the London School of Economics is one of the best universities in the country. did your friends go to LSE??

was that wonderful experience LSE or England?? Its a nice place but no/vert little coverage of baseball which means i end up sitting up watching a computer screen tick over to see how the white sox are doing.

Vsahajpal
10-14-2001, 05:37 PM
actually, they attended classes at LSE, which is what I'm trying to do next year.

I like England a lot, for some reason. Except those damn roundabouts, which I surmise is a parliamentiary conspiracy to waste petrol, and thus boost the economy (which will be my thesis if I get into LSE...heh).

My relatives reside primarily in Surrey, Reading, Befodshire, and Ruislip...

MJK
10-14-2001, 05:47 PM
my parents live in a village not far from reading, just outside a town called newbury.

you appear to have a lot of relatives over here, good luck with the LSE thing, what are you planning on studdying???

Vsahajpal
10-14-2001, 05:53 PM
I'm a finance/econ double major, but I want to go into law (sports law)

later!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-14-2001, 05:55 PM
There used to be a whole website devoted to baseball rumors but they went under months ago. I can't remember its name--not that it makes a difference now.

So, South London, eh? Let's cut to the chase. Which football side do you support? Crystal Palace, perhaps? This website drew it's original inspiration from an Arsenal fan site called The Arsenal Electronic Fanzine.

Leonard Pierce, a contributor from way back, is a MoanUtd. fan. I admit to owning a Tony Adams replica kit. Please don't hold it against me.

:)

BTW, Welcome!

LongDistanceFan
10-14-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by MJK

thanks

-MJK i LOVE england, when i retired, at xmas 2 yrs ago, i took my family for 3 weeks in england.......... beautiful place i love the country..... went everywhere. the police are the classiest group of people. my car broke down in Hyde park. the cops came to help...... i kept my boys with me and they the cops took the girls including my mother...... well while talking to them this cop found out that my mother loved Queen Vic so he gave her a ride thru the rose garden which is closed to the public and saw the statue that is made out of gold........ she was something like 5 ft away..... classy.

welcome and are you a yank or a brit.......... we have 2 guys that knows a lot when it comes to our farm........ that will be Randar and Vsahajpal. People who post here are VERY knowledgeable of b-ball and we are the best......

Vsahajpal
10-14-2001, 06:08 PM
nothing to be ashamed of, PHG!

Go Gunners!

inspired effort Saturday, Pires may be supplanting Vieira as the team's best middie.

now I'm out.

later

Spiff
10-14-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
There used to be a whole website devoted to baseball rumors but they went under months ago. I can't remember its name--not that it makes a difference now.

I think it was www.mlbtalk.com, if I remember right. It was a sweet site b/c they had tons of rumors updated all the time. Then they got bought out by ESPN and now you have to be an ESPN Insider to read the rumors arrrrrg.