PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if I have a game worn jersey?

dllrbll7
12-07-2004, 08:11 PM
I recently received a Paul Konerko autographed jersey from a friend who won it in a silent auction. I didnt get any more information on it or a certificate of authenticity, but i dont care since im not goin to sell it. I am just trying to figure out if it was a game worn jersey, the only thing i found on it was a tag on the lower front with some numbers that looked like some numbering scheme which i hadnt seen before. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Parrothead
12-07-2004, 08:34 PM
I recently received a Paul Konerko autographed jersey from a friend who won it in a silent auction. I didnt get any more information on it or a certificate of authenticity, but i dont care since im not goin to sell it. I am just trying to figure out if it was a game worn jersey, the only thing i found on it was a tag on the lower front with some numbers that looked like some numbering scheme which i hadnt seen before. Does anybody have any suggestions?
The game worn one that I have has three numbers on it

numbers for the year ie....00
size....ie...48
player number ...i.e.....14

00 48 14

If it has that you may have a game worn jersey. A konkero at Soxfest was selling for about $500, I think but don't quote me on that.

dllrbll7
12-07-2004, 09:38 PM
The game worn one that I have has three numbers on it

numbers for the year ie....00
size....ie...48
player number ...i.e.....14

00 48 14

If it has that you may have a game worn jersey. A konkero at Soxfest was selling for about $500, I think but don't quote me on that.
Yep i think thats what the numbers are. Thanks!

TheBull19
12-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Did you sniff it?

steff
12-10-2004, 05:09 AM

There would be no mistaking the smell if it was game worn.

Hangar18
12-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Does it smell bad or is kind of dirty? But seriously, the numbers on the
bottom usually will say "04 Konerko 1" or "04 Konerko 3"
usually meaning the Year, the player, and which jersey it is. I thnk
players get like 3 of each color.

StockdaleForVeep
12-10-2004, 05:56 PM
If its Jose Lima's jersey, you can tell if you contract herpes from it.

doublem23
12-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Is it dirty? :)

dllrbll7
12-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Is it dirty? :)
Lol no its not dirty but the tag on the bottom with the year, size and number made me suspicious. If you order an official jersey does it come with those tags on them or is that only on issued jerseys to the players? I figure it could have been cleaned or something if it was a game jersey

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Did you sniff it?Exactly. If fact, dllrbll7 should turn it inside out, bury his schnoz in the right armpit area (PK throws from the right side, creating more sweat deposits), and breath in deeeeeply.

:)

Just a suggestion, though I've never done it myself.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-11-2004, 08:41 PM
I recently received a Paul Konerko autographed jersey from a friend who won it in a silent auction. I didnt get any more information on it or a certificate of authenticity, but i dont care since im not goin to sell it. I am just trying to figure out if it was a game worn jersey, the only thing i found on it was a tag on the lower front with some numbers that looked like some numbering scheme which i hadnt seen before. Does anybody have any suggestions? Place your Konerko jersey on the ground next to a turtle. If the turtle moves faster than the jersey, you can be sure it's authentic.

:)

doublem23
12-12-2004, 11:21 AM
At the garage sale this past summer, I got a Mike Sirotka jersey, and it had the same number scheme sewn in the corner, too. Maybe it's a Sox thing.

Brian26
12-12-2004, 12:16 PM
There would be no mistaking the smell if it was game worn.
Unless it was a Jerry Manual jersey. It's hard to perspire when you don't move off the bench for the entire game :D:

Brian26
12-12-2004, 12:18 PM
At the garage sale this past summer, I got a Mike Sirotka jersey, and it had the same number scheme sewn in the corner, too. Maybe it's a Sox thing.
Wow, they still had Sirotka jerseys? How much did you pay for that, if you don't mind me asking. You get it framed?

doublem23
12-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Wow, they still had Sirotka jerseys? How much did you pay for that, if you don't mind me asking. You get it framed?
I was $100, as cheap as jerseys went there. Nope, I wear it proudly. :D:

dickallen15
12-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Does it smell like that timeless classic--Old Spice?