PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Up Y'all

DVsoxfan
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, there's been a lot of negativity around here lately. Sad folks because of the lack of a RJ trade, and the A's taking Kendall. But lets not panic just yet, its still early in the offseason, and with winter meetings coming up we have a lot to look forward to. The possible signing of Jaret Wright could cheer a lot of us up. I know that it sucks to see other teams more "active" in the FA market, but just because we dont know about it, does that mean that we're not pursuing any other FA's?? KW would rather sneak in and grab someone then have another Vizquel incident. Oh well, just want to say, lets not panic too much. We've set our standards really high, as has KW. Especially with the starting rotation. Remember last yr. when we had a rotation of...

Buerhle
Loaiza
Garland
Schoenweis
Wright

WOW, how did we win a game with that rotation. Buerhle was the only consistent pitcher in that bunch. Loaiza was a bust, Garland was inconsistent. Schoney was solid until he became injured, and Wright was pathetic. Now we are worried about a rotation of...

Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Grilli

Thats quite an improvement from last year. I see the worry about Grilli, but still that is a lot better off than last year. I, along with the rest of you, would love to sign Wright or Clement and bump Garland to the 5th starter spot. So far we've been pretty quiet I know, but lets not get too upset allright folks?? I'm just trying to say that we have a relatively good team even if we dont add any major players in this offseason. However, I think this offseason will be an exciting one. We should have a lot to look forward too in the spring. So lets try to stop with the negativity, and try to look on the brighter side of things. Thanks.

Jjav829
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm tired of being patient. We went through all of last offseason talking about how it was still early. We sat there in January talking about how there was still time. And what did we get? Juan Uribe, Cliff Politte, and Shingo Takatsu. I want more and I expect more. I'm not panicing yet because I believe things will really get going now with the arbitration deadline today and the Winter Meetings Friday. But I'm not going to be preaching or practicing much patient. I want significant moves made. But if 2 weeks from now Kevin Walker is our only addition, I'm going to start worrying.

Tekijawa
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
This thread makes my pants hurt....

Thank god for random humor.... I don't want to be all Cheery. I became a Sox fan because I like thinking every year that my team has absolutly no chance of making the playoffs, and then they don't... No suprises for me. That's not the way I like to work!

Lip Man 1
12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
DV:

No offense but didn't the fans go through the same thing last off season?

Lip

santo=dorf
12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
DV:

No offense but didn't the fans go through the same thing last off season?

Lip
And the team was in first place at the All-Star break before they lost their two biggest bats for the rest of the season.

Lip Man 1
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Dorf:

Even WITH Thomas and Ordonez the Sox were not a lock to win anything were they? The black hole of a 5th starter and a mediocre bullpen could have doomed them couldn't it?

I mean it's not like the Sox had a ten game lead did they?

Lip

OEO Magglio
12-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Dorf:

Even WITH Thomas and Ordonez the Sox were not a lock to win anything were they? The black hole of a 5th starter and a mediocre bullpen could have doomed them couldn't it?

I mean it's not like the Sox had a ten game lead did they?

Lip
Didn't we go through this two years ago too, lip??? That didn't work out so bad. Trust my I want something to happen quick because I'm not a very patient person but we still have to realize that there is plenty of time for acquisitions to be made.

SomebodyToldMe
12-07-2004, 08:42 PM
And the team was in first place at the All-Star break before they lost their two biggest bats for the rest of the season.
Ugh...Everyone needs to drop that already...I'm freakin' sick of that excuse.

Lip Man 1
12-07-2004, 09:54 PM
OEO:

Not disagreeing with you... there is plenty of time. The question is will they be major moves or minor ones...a la last season.

I have no doubt the Sox will make SOME moves. Will they be enough to make them a legitimate contender for the A.L. pennent? Doubtful at best.

Lip

batmanZoSo
12-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, there's been a lot of negativity around here lately. Sad folks because of the lack of a RJ trade, and the A's taking Kendall. But lets not panic just yet, its still early in the offseason, and with winter meetings coming up we have a lot to look forward to. The possible signing of Jaret Wright could cheer a lot of us up. I know that it sucks to see other teams more "active" in the FA market, but just because we dont know about it, does that mean that we're not pursuing any other FA's?? KW would rather sneak in and grab someone then have another Vizquel incident. Oh well, just want to say, lets not panic too much. We've set our standards really high, as has KW. Especially with the starting rotation. Remember last yr. when we had a rotation of...

Buerhle
Loaiza
Garland
Schoenweis
Wright

WOW, how did we win a game with that rotation. Buerhle was the only consistent pitcher in that bunch. Loaiza was a bust, Garland was inconsistent. Schoney was solid until he became injured, and Wright was pathetic. Now we are worried about a rotation of...

Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Grilli

Thats quite an improvement from last year. I see the worry about Grilli, but still that is a lot better off than last year. I, along with the rest of you, would love to sign Wright or Clement and bump Garland to the 5th starter spot. So far we've been pretty quiet I know, but lets not get too upset allright folks?? I'm just trying to say that we have a relatively good team even if we dont add any major players in this offseason. However, I think this offseason will be an exciting one. We should have a lot to look forward too in the spring. So lets try to stop with the negativity, and try to look on the brighter side of things. Thanks.
I'm pretty cheery right now because I decided to not give a hoot what these bumbling fools do in the offseason. Just live with what happens and hope for some magic is what I'm going with. Other than that, which is not a mindset that I would preach to everyone, just my way, I have no hope or reason for optimism.

OEO Magglio
12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
OEO:

Not disagreeing with you... there is plenty of time. The question is will they be major moves or minor ones...a la last season.

I have no doubt the Sox will make SOME moves. Will they be enough to make them a legitimate contender for the A.L. pennent? Doubtful at best.

Lip
Fair enough, lip. I think we're all waiting for moves to be made and it's real hard to be patient we all just have to try to. I think we will make some very solid acquistions and make the sox into a legitimate contender but we shall see.

StepsInSC
12-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Optimism is for the naive. Just assume the worst, then you can't be dissapointed.

chisoxmike
12-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Now what...cheer up... yeah right. I knew, just knew Wright wasn't coming here. We are going to get outbid by every team out there. EVERY TEAM IS GETTING BETTER EXCEPT THE WHITE SOX.

Lip Man 1
12-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Chisoxmike:

Remember excellence cost money. It's so much better for ownership to be mediocre.

Lip

Dolanski
12-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey guys, there's been a lot of negativity around here lately.
Lately? It's always negative around here. As I have been told, its our right as Sox fans to complain about the team. To each his own I guess. Thing about the off season is, you don't win anything for "winning" the off season. I remember the David Wells signing putting us as the off season winners and where did that get us? Loiza was a cheap under the radar signing and look what he did for us...

Sure I am excited about seeing who comes and who goes, and of course a big signing gets everyone riled up, but remember, sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

eshunn2001
12-08-2004, 10:23 AM
OEOMAGGLIO, If Maggs signs with the Cubs are you changing your name? Just curious. Because soon the Cub fans will create that chant and it will become the next great Cubs tradition. :angry: