PDA

View Full Version : Esteban Yan??

GiveMeSox
12-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I think he would be a solid and cheap pick up to bolster the pen. He had 3.83 ERA in 87 IP last year for the tigers. Detroit is not going to offer him arbitration according to rotoworld. With those innings pitched he would be a little more used than a Damaso Marte. Yan is probably middle to middle-setup guy and we could use one. In fact we could use any solid reliable non question mark arm in the pen and i think Yan could fill that and pretty cheap.

MRKARNO
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
The upside is decent with Yan, but the downside is pretty bad. If we could get him cheaply, he'd be a good addition, but I wouldnt spend that much on him.

santo=dorf
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
He had a 2.55 ERA at Comerica resulting in 5.82 ERA on the road.
:chunks

MUsoxfan
12-07-2004, 04:20 PM
I recall him being only on bottom-dwelling teams (TB, Detroit). When these teams don't want him, I hope the Sox certainly don't want him.

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 04:22 PM
You might want to wonder why the team that knows him best is not tendering him a contract. Is it because the Tigers' bullpen is so flush with talent they have no room for him?

MRKARNO
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
He had a 2.55 ERA at Comerica resulting in 5.82 ERA on the road.

Didnt see that, in that case, I'd take a pass.

Flight #24
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
You might want to wonder why the team that knows him best is not tendering him a contract. Is it because the Tigers' bullpen is so flush with talent they have no room for him?
Or it could be that they think given his year, he'll get a raise in arbitration from 650k to 1.5mil and they'd rather use that elsewhere. Of course, FA being different from the arb process, he may come cheaper to his new team than he would have been for the Tigers.

They may also figure that given their park, they can get by at his position with a lesser/cheaper player and put that $$ into other positions.

GiveMeSox
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Didnt see that, in that case, I'd take a pass.
Ouch me as well. All you see from the stats page on MLB.com is his 3.83 overall ERA.

pearso66
12-07-2004, 08:27 PM
He's horrible. Being in East Lansing over the summer, and my buddy up there is a huge tiger fan, I've heard a lot of complaining about how horrible he is. I think he had 1 stretch where he pitched well, the rest of the season he was aweful, think Mike Jackson