PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Hot Stove 7p 12/07 on AM1000

Mickster
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Three hour special w/ Bruce Levine on www.am1000.com (http://www.am1000.com) beginning at 7pm. Just an FYI.:smile:

Kogs35
12-07-2004, 03:05 PM
at least miko gulnik isn't handeling the sportscenter updates so he can wet his pants over nomah agian like he did this morning

SoxxoS
12-07-2004, 03:45 PM
The breakdown of time b/c KW doesn't divulge anything to anyone:

3 hours
10 minute Sox talk
2.5 hours Cubs talk/Garciaparra
Commercials.

santo=dorf
12-07-2004, 03:53 PM
The breakdown of time b/c KW doesn't divulge anything to anyone:

3 hours
10 minute Sox talk
2.5 hours Cubs talk/Garciaparra
Commercials.Well Bruce was just on ESPN1000 confirming the signing of Nomar, and said that the Sox are interested in Clement, and have been trying to get Vazquez the past 2 months.

What would a rotation of:

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
do in the AL Central in 2005? :gulp:

nitetrain8601
12-07-2004, 04:36 PM

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
Dominate.

Gosox1917
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Well Bruce was just on ESPN1000 confirming the signing of Nomar, and said that the Sox are interested in Clement, and have been trying to get Vazquez the past 2 months.

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
Get your season hold of your tickets if this happens. I won't cuz I'm poor, but I'll go to more games in the upper deck!!!

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Well Bruce was just on ESPN1000 confirming the signing of Nomar, and said that the Sox are interested in Clement, and have been trying to get Vazquez the past 2 months.

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
do in the AL Central in 2005? :gulp:The Yanks are known to want to trade Vazquez, but they may have been holding back assuming he's their best bargaining chip to get RJ. If they're really bailing out on that deal, Cashman may deal him soon. I wonder what they'd want in trade? If they succeed in scratching Giambi's contract, they'll need a 1B.

santo=dorf
12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
The Yanks are known to want to trade Vazquez, but they may have been holding back assuming he's their best bargaining chip to get RJ. If they're really bailing out on that deal, Cashman may deal him soon. I wonder what they'd want in trade? If they succeed in scratching Giambi's contract, they'll need a 1B.
Levine on ESPN 1000 was talking about Yankees trading Vazquez to D'Backs for Johnson, and the Sox would get Vazquez in exchange for PK and Garland. You also have to figure that the Yanks will also toss cash in with Vazquez, and maybe even move Gordon to the D'Backs, who I wouldn't mind getting back at all. :smile:

Flight #24
12-07-2004, 04:50 PM
The Yanks are known to want to trade Vazquez, but they may have been holding back assuming he's their best bargaining chip to get RJ. If they're really bailing out on that deal, Cashman may deal him soon. I wonder what they'd want in trade? If they succeed in scratching Giambi's contract, they'll need a 1B.
Giving up Konerko+Garland to get RJ is one thing, if it's Vazquez then I think I'd be more concerned to lose Paulie. I like Javy as a fantastic #4 SP, but I think it'll be harder to win with the lesser O.

You have to figure that if we were offering Garland+Koney for RJ, we'd hold back on one of them for Vazquez. I guess it'll all depend on what 'Zona needs in return. If the Spankees can come up with enough to make the addition of Garland palatable to the DBacks, Garland+Everett/Borchard+Mid-tier prospects would do it for me.

Or maybe at this point, KW gives up Crede+Garland for Vazquez+cash, uses Garland's $$$ to sign Hillenbrand, and plugs him in while we wait for Fields.

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Levine on ESPN 1000 was talking about Yankees trading Vazquez to D'Backs for Johnson, and the Sox would get Vazquez in exchange for PK and Garland. You also have to figure that the Yanks will also toss cash in with Vazquez, and maybe even move Gordon to the D'Backs, who I wouldn't mind getting back at all. :smile:Sounds like old news. All the deals that have been discussed publicly have been straight two-ways between NY and AZ. AZ turned down the Yanks best offer. That's not to say there couldn't be a 3-way that would work, but if there's really been any discussion along those lines, it's been kept pretty quiet.

OEO Magglio
12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd easily give up Pauly and JG to get Vazquez and Flash but I doubt that will happen.

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Giving up Konerko+Garland to get RJ is one thing, if it's Vazquez then I think I'd be more concerned to lose Paulie. I like Javy as a fantastic #4 SP, but I think it'll be harder to win with the lesser O.

You have to figure that if we were offering Garland+Koney for RJ, we'd hold back on one of them for Vazquez. I guess it'll all depend on what 'Zona needs in return. If the Spankees can come up with enough to make the addition of Garland palatable to the DBacks, Garland+Everett/Borchard+Mid-tier prospects would do it for me.

Or maybe at this point, KW gives up Crede+Garland for Vazquez+cash, uses Garland's $$$ to sign Hillenbrand, and plugs him in while we wait for Fields.Don't forget that Vazquez is still owed a huge pile of $$$. NY was supposed to be throwing in $10-15M. To get that much cash, you're going to have to give up more than Garland+Everett+prospect. If you're willing to take on more of Vazquez' contract, you'd get him for a lot less.

santo=dorf
12-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Or maybe at this point, KW gives up Crede+Garland for Vazquez+cash, uses Garland's $$$ to sign Hillenbrand, and plugs him in while we wait for Fields.
Rumor has it that Glaus is close to signing with the D'Backs. 4 years $42 million.

JB98
12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Konerko and Garland is WAAAAAAAAAY too much for Vazquez, who was solid in the NL but got roughed up in the AL. Maybe Crede and Garland. Maybe. But we'd have to have another solution at 3B lined up. At this point, Wilson Valdez is our fifth infielder. That's a scary prospect. If Crede goes, then Uribe is your 3B and Valdez is your SS, along with Harris at 2B. Uggghhhhhh!

12-07-2004, 05:09 PM

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
I would love this. But my reality alarm just went off...again....Wright looks to be in our radar, but Vazquez is a pipe dream.....I hope I'm wrong.....Like I said in a previous post, get Dye and Wight and I think we can more then contend

SoxxoS
12-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Rumor has it that Glaus is close to signing with the D'Backs. 4 years $42 million.
I posted a thread about a month ago "How about Glaus" as I was a fan of signing him...but not for that money. 10.5 per?? Are they kidding? His arm can fall off at any minute.

THe D'Backs won their World Championship...but they have made a lot of dumbass decisions since then.

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 05:15 PM
I posted a thread about a month ago "How about Glaus" as I was a fan of signing him...but not for that money. 10.5 per?? Are they kidding? His arm can fall off at any minute.

THe D'Backs won their World Championship...but they have made a lot of dumbass decisions since then.$42M for a .250 hitter??? Am I missing something??? I'm sure Glaus has lots of great qualities, but he's only once in his career hit over .251.

Edit: His HR numbers seem to have peaked noticably in 2000-2001. And he does seem to have been injured a lot these last two years. What's that ringing noise?

chisoxmike
12-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Konerko and Garland is WAAAAAAAAAY too much for Vazquez, who was solid in the NL but got roughed up in the AL. Maybe Crede and Garland. Maybe. But we'd have to have another solution at 3B lined up. At this point, Wilson Valdez is our fifth infielder. That's a scary prospect. If Crede goes, then Uribe is your 3B and Valdez is your SS, along with Harris at 2B. Uggghhhhhh!
Thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought this. How about Borchard and Garland for Vazquez? I doubt the Yankees would do that. But assuming we get Wright. We would have a great rotation in 2005. No excuses for not winning it then. None.

nitetrain8601
12-07-2004, 06:16 PM
"mmmm juicy"

- Troy Glaus

Ol' No. 2
12-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought this. How about Borchard and Garland for Vazquez? I doubt the Yankees would do that. But assuming we get Wright. We would have a great rotation in 2005. No excuses for not winning it then. None.You're forgetting that Vazquez has something like $37M due over the next three years. The Yanks will be expected to throw in big-time cash to cover part of that, and for that they're going to expect something reasonable in return.

nitetrain8601
12-07-2004, 06:23 PM
You're forgetting that Vazquez has something like $37M due over the next three years. The Yanks will be expected to throw in big-time cash to cover part of that, and for that they're going to expect something reasonable in return.
Well the best deal if I'm the Sox is PK for Vasquez and Miguel Cairo probably. That's if I'm drunk though.

Mohoney
12-07-2004, 06:47 PM

Buehrle
Garcia
Vazquez
Clement/Wright
Contreras
I can't say for sure, but I certainly wouldn't mind finding out.

Mohoney
12-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Wow. Just wow.

If that happens, kegger at my house.

Vazquez+Hillenbrand+whatever we get with the cash to replace Garland+Crede?

OG4LIFE
12-07-2004, 07:12 PM
ok, apparently im a moron, but i cant figure out how to listen live via the 1000 website. (im out of area).

i went to the 'listen live' area and all thats there is a list of shows, hot stove talk is not a link there. any help?

ChiSoxJay
12-07-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm stuck in class tonight..any worthy news yet?:tongue:

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
ok, apparently im a moron, but i cant figure out how to listen live via the 1000 website. (im out of area).

i went to the 'listen live' area and all thats there is a list of shows, hot stove talk is not a link there. any help? all of them stream the same stuff, so just click any of the links and you'll get the hot stove program.

Huisj
12-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Trading Konerko for a potentially mediocre starting pitcher really scares me. What if Thomas can't come back and be a big hitter, and we don't have Konerko? Our lineup will be horrifically tame and lame.

Rocklive99
12-07-2004, 08:05 PM
all of them stream the same stuff, so just click any of the links and you'll get the hot stove program.
That doesn't work for me, I just get the most recent recording of whatever show I click on :(

SoxxoS
12-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Trading Konerko for a potentially mediocre starting pitcher really scares me. What if Thomas can't come back and be a big hitter, and we don't have Konerko? Our lineup will be horrifically tame and lame.
:KW

Don't worry. If the lineup isn't working out...there are a couple guys I know and there names are: Ryan Sweeney, Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy. These guys can all be packaged for a hitter come July if we need one. I am hoping that the Giants resign Galarraga, and then we can package those guys for him in July and only have to pay half his salary. If that doesn't work, I think Fred McGriff and/or Greg Vaughn need are great canidates for the #4 spot.

OG4LIFE
12-07-2004, 08:56 PM
WSI just got a shoutout on the show.

zach074
12-07-2004, 09:00 PM
haha what did they say?

OG4LIFE
12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
basically the caller asked what they thought about losing garland or konerko in a trade, and mentioned that this has been much debated here on wsi, what losing one or both of these guys would do to the team.

Jjav829
12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
That doesn't work for me, I just get the most recent recording of whatever show I click on :(
You can't just click any link. It has to be a link to a local show. Click on MJH, Moronotti, or DeFalco. If you click on a link for a national show, it will play a recording of the most recent show.

Jjav829
12-07-2004, 09:42 PM
To those who have been listening to the show, how much Sox talk has there been? Also, has there been anything new other than Levine saying that the Vazquez/RJ/Konerko 3-way deal is more than speculation. I know they have to cover the big story of the day (Nomar/Walker re-signing), but I'd hope that with Willsy there, he'd steer the conversation a little more toward the Sox. I made the mistake of turning on Murph at 6:00 when he was talking to George Ofman. I know I'm sounding like Hangar here, but if they spent 20 minutes talking baseball in total, maybe 3 minutes were spent on the Sox. I only heard two White Sox calls. One guy called up to ask about Magglio (though he first called Magglio, Frank) and the conversation went from Magglio and the Sox to Hendry and Magglio to the Cubs outfield in a span of about 30 seconds. For the other Sox call they took, Murph let the guy ramble for about a minute about the Sox not doing anything before he went back to the Cubs.

OG4LIFE
12-07-2004, 09:50 PM
To those who have been listening to the show, how much Sox talk has there been? Also, has there been anything new other than Levine saying that the Vazquez/RJ/Konerko 3-way deal is more than speculation. I know they have to cover the big story of the day (Nomar/Walker re-signing), but I'd hope that with Willsy there, he'd steer the conversation a little more toward the Sox. I made the mistake of turning on Murph at 6:00 when he was talking to George Ofman. I know I'm sounding like Hangar here, but if they spent 20 minutes talking baseball in total, maybe 3 minutes were spent on the Sox. I only heard two White Sox calls. One guy called up to ask about Magglio (though he first called Magglio, Frank) and the conversation went from Magglio and the Sox to Hendry and Magglio to the Cubs outfield in a span of about 30 seconds. For the other Sox call they took, Murph let the guy ramble for about a minute about the Sox not doing anything before he went back to the Cubs.
there's been plenty on the sox. they had greg walker on, and that was all white sox. they also had mcphail and a nomar interview as well... i've had it on in the background and i;d say its about 60/40 cubs/sox talking.

Jjav829
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
FYI, Levine says KW will be on MJH tomorrow. Hmm, maybe he's planning on having a free agent signing to talk about. :?: Or maybe he's just coming out of his cave to show the fans that he is still alive and well.

MRKARNO
12-07-2004, 10:03 PM
FYI, Levine says KW will be on MJH tomorrow. Hmm, maybe he's planning on having a free agent signing to talk about. :?: Or maybe he's just coming out of his cave to show the fans that he is still alive and well.
I dont know which one we should hope for to be honest. I'd be afraid to start with the FA bit because I think contracts will get cheaper as time goes on and agents realize the Benson/Guzman/Vizquel/Castilla deals cannot set the market prices because teams arent willing to pay that much.

Lip Man 1
12-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Karno:

You mean like Wright's deal at seven million a season?

How many guys have to sign big contracts above what the so called experts were expecting, before you realize like PHG stated, that deals have been going up across the board for the past fifteen years.

Seems like some folks refuse to deal with reality and unfortunately they are not just on these message boards but in the Sox front office as well.

Lip

WhiteSoxFan84
12-08-2004, 12:54 AM
If somehow KW can deal Contreras, Brian Anderson, and a spect or 2 to Oakland for Tim Hudson. Billy Beane loves spects like Anderson, if we have to, send Marte to Oakland as well. He can take Arthur Rhodes' spot.

Then deal for Vazquez some how, probably Garland and some more prospects. Money wise we'd be back to square one. So now we can still afford Clement, sign him. Look at the rotation now...

Rotation:
1) Buehrle
2) Hudson
3) Garcia
3) Vazquez
5) Clement

Bullpen would require a lefty, Steve Kline? Jason Christiansen? Kelly Wunsch?

I'm dreaming, but while he's at it, why not bring in J.D. Drew as well?

Yes, I am ready to accept the GM position when KW steps down. JR, I'm willing to work for season tickets..... to all the ML teams :D:
NOT CHEAP NOSEBLEED ONE'S EITHER!!

santo=dorf
12-08-2004, 12:58 AM
If somehow KW can deal Contreras, Brian Anderson, and a spect or 2 to Oakland for Tim Hudson. Billy Beane loves spects like Anderson, if we have to, send Marte to Oakland as well. He can take Arthur Rhodes' spot.

Then deal for Vazquez some how, probably Garland and some more prospects. Money wise we'd be back to square one. So now we can still afford Clement, sign him. Look at the rotation now...

Rotation:
1) Buehrle
2) Hudson
3) Garcia
3) Vazquez
5) Clement

Bullpen would require a lefty, Steve Kline? Jason Christiansen? Kelly Wunsch?

I'm dreaming, but while he's at it, why not bring in J.D. Drew as well?

Yes, I am ready to accept the GM position when KW steps down. JR, I'm willing to work for season tickets..... to all the ML teams :D:
NOT CHEAP NOSEBLEED ONE'S EITHER!!
Oh god, yet another fan of Beane. :rolleyes:

Billy won't take on Contreras' contract, and why the hell should we give them a piece of our rotation, our best left handed reliever, Brian Anderson, and a couple more prospects for one year of Hudson?

FightingBillini
12-08-2004, 01:28 AM

Billy won't take on Contreras' contract, and why the hell should we give them a piece of our rotation, our best left handed reliever, Brian Anderson, and a couple more prospects for one year of Hudson?
I envision KW going hard for Mulder now. He can get him, but he is gonna have to give up a lot. I think KW would be more likely to give up a whole boatload to get Mulder over Hudson, just so he would have some reassurance that he will be able to sign this pricey aquisition to a new deal (past 06). Even if we can't sign Mulder to an extention, it would still be worth it. We would have Mudler, Buehrle and Garcia together for the next two years, best rotation in the majors barring the return of Mike Jackson and Billy Koch as our 4 and 5 starters.:o:

Mohoney
12-08-2004, 05:52 AM
I envision KW going hard for Mulder now. He can get him, but he is gonna have to give up a lot. I think KW would be more likely to give up a whole boatload to get Mulder over Hudson, just so he would have some reassurance that he will be able to sign this pricey aquisition to a new deal (past 06). Even if we can't sign Mulder to an extention, it would still be worth it. We would have Mudler, Buehrle and Garcia together for the next two years, best rotation in the majors barring the return of Mike Jackson and Billy Koch as our 4 and 5 starters.:o:
Would Carlos Lee, Brian Anderson, and a third prospect be enough to get Mulder?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-08-2004, 11:36 AM

What made you say I'm a fan of Beane? All I said was that Beane loves prospects like Brian Anderson.

The Hudson trade I envision would be the same as the Garcia trade. Deal for him early and try to re-sign him ASAP. Why should we get him? He's only sporting a record of somewhere around 93-39 lifetime. Yes Oakland Coliseum is a pitcher's ballpark, but he also has been on a team who offensively is not superb by any means.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather get Mark Mulder, but we all know he's going to be either a Yankee, Padre, Cardinal, or even a Diamondback. The reason I say Diamondback is because Beane doesn't want to face any of his guys in the AL and because AZ has a stockpile of studd OF prospects. Oakland's biggest weakness right now is OF, 2B, and 1B (Matt Hart isn't going to be the next Jason Giambi and Durazo is a DH). He's from Chicago and grew up a Sox fan and all that skimpy stuff, but we simply aren't going to have enough to pick him up or offer enough to keep him.

wdelaney72
12-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Mulder and Buehrle in the same SP rotation?

The Sox would set a record for highest number of games helf to less than 2.5 hours in duration.

I'd rather swing a deal for Mulder or Hudson, than Vazquez.

wdelaney72
12-08-2004, 01:16 PM
I've been a huge nay-sayer of Dave Wills. Yes I know he's often provoked by idiot Cub fans calling the White Sox postgame show, but still, I find him to be unprofessional and stupid when it comes to dealing with the Cubs. He needs to get over the Cubs love and just worry about the White Sox.

That being said, I will eat my words and say his role in last night's show was a big step of improvement. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and talked FACTUALLY about both Chicago baseball teams.

Thank you Mr. Wills. I hearby place you off of my drill-rod list. Once the season starts, if you can maintain the same level of professionalism, you'll stay off that list.