PDA

View Full Version : Stealth

buckweaversglove
12-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Whomever posted last week that the Maggs front is too quiet is right. Here's a "What if" if not a "What the f___?" What do you think the chances are that KW has operated below the radar, has spoken with Maggs and Boras, probably even gotten a medical report/exam done and will either offer arbitration or sign him to an incentive-laden contract? It makes sense for Williams and Boras to keep that hate-relationship above-ground even while they work behind the scenes. That said: Maggs, Renteria/Cabrera/Nomar, Clement or Odalis Perez, Wright...then Paulie or Frank to the Yanks for Vazquez. What, with Giambi now completely out of the p[icture, you think the Boss is gonna be content with Tony Clark? (Btw...longtime lurker...this is my first post...so if something I wrote here has already been mentioned...piss off and don't give me flak.)
-Buck from Libertyville

steff
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Whomever posted last week that the Maggs front is too quiet is right. Here's a "What if" if not a "What the f___?" What do you think the chances are that KW has operated below the radar, has spoken with Maggs and Boras, probably even gotten a medical report/exam done and will either offer arbitration or sign him to an incentive-laden contract? It makes sense for Williams and Boras to keep that hate-relationship above-ground even while they work behind the scenes.

No.

OG4LIFE
12-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Whomever posted last week that the Maggs front is too quiet is right. Here's a "What if" if not a "What the f___?" What do you think the chances are that KW has operated below the radar, has spoken with Maggs and Boras, probably even gotten a medical report/exam done and will either offer arbitration or sign him to an incentive-laden contract? It makes sense for Williams and Boras to keep that hate-relationship above-ground even while they work behind the scenes. That said: Maggs, Renteria/Cabrera/Nomar, Clement or Odalis Perez, Wright...then Paulie or Frank to the Yanks for Vazquez. What, with Giambi now completely out of the p[icture, you think the Boss is gonna be content with Tony Clark? (Btw...longtime lurker...this is my first post...so if something I wrote here has already been mentioned...piss off and don't give me flak.)
-Buck from Libertyville
buck....

welcome to the board, a few things.

when people write things as wishful thinking on the board, we put it in pink- a good example would be (healthy) Maggs, Renteria/Cabrera/Nomar, Clement or Odalis Perez, Wright...then Paulie or Frank to the Yanks for Vazquez.

and i think there is zero chance that KW and bora$$/maggs have been working behind the scenes. between's KW's general outspoken nature and the clear distaste between the two parties, there is no reason/history to believe so. why would maggs take a one year incentive deal when some dumbass team like the mets will overpay in the range of 4,5 years 60-70mil?

also, when people post dumbass stuff, you will generally see one of these:

:threadsucks

StillMissOzzie
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
What do you think the chances are that KW has operated below the radar, has spoken with Maggs and Boras, probably even gotten a medical report/exam done and will either offer arbitration or sign him to an incentive-laden contract?...-Buck from Libertyville

Two chances, slim and none. With the date to offer arbitration being in the next day or two, we will soon find out if slim has left town.

SMO
:gulp:

voodoochile
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
-Buck from Libertyville

Well, Buck... I can call you Buck, right?

Here's the deal.

First, I don't think there is any chance in Hell that is going to happen.

Second, if you really don't want flak from people you might not want to go "looking for a fight" by telling everyone who has read something similar to "piss off" before you ever even get a response to your very first post ever.

But otherwise, Welcome aboard! :?:

buckweaversglove
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Fair enough...Voodoo...and while I wasn't necessarily looking for a fight, I was calling out members who feel the need to comment on the quality or applicability of others' posts. Case in point...first respose was a terse "no" and second was from someone who "cared enough" to shoot the "dumbass "thumbs down sign. These are the kinds of things that likely keep a lot of others from posting on these boards. Fact is, this is an open site. If those want to be intolerant when things are posted, perhaps they should have their own narrow-minded, private chat group.

Foulke29
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
No.
In typical form, steff gives us a novel to read!

Foulke29
12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, Buck... I can call you Buck, right?

Here's the deal.

First, I don't think there is any chance in Hell that is going to happen.

Second, if you really don't want flak from people you might not want to go "looking for a fight" by telling everyone who has read something similar to "piss off" before you ever even get a response to your very first post ever.

But otherwise, Welcome aboard! :?:
No offense voodoo, you might want to teach the newbie the use of this.

Even in black, the "piss off" statement radiated teal.

voodoochile
Fair enough...Voodoo...and while I wasn't necessarily looking for a fight, I was calling out members who feel the need to comment on the quality or applicability of others' posts. Case in point...first respose was a terse "no" and second was from someone who "cared enough" to shoot the "dumbass "thumbs down sign. These are the kinds of things that likely keep a lot of others from posting on these boards. Fact is, this is an open site. If those want to be intolerant when things are posted, perhaps they should have their own narrow-minded, private chat group.
Maybe you should read what you said. Are you looking for eveyone just to say, "great idea"? If not, everyone is allowed their own opinion and their opinion is just as valid as the people who might agree with you.

You did post nothing more than a bunch of idle speculation which has no basis in any link or story that I have seen this off-season, so basically, you posted a rumor of your own making and people called you on it. Rumors and speculation tend to get that a lot around here. This isn't a site for pie in the sky dreaming, though there are plenty of opitmists still left.

You want better responses?

Make better posts...

OG4LIFE
dude... i didnt mean to be a jerk, i have fun on these boards, i dont take anything too seriously. i say dumbass stuff too and people call me out on it. wouldnt want it any other way. didnt mean it to be a personal shot. in fact, check out my recent dumbass moment:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42358&page=3&pp=15

welcome aboard, here's one on me- :gulp:

buckweaversglove
12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Cool...and thanks. No, I don't care if people agree. But I wasn't posting it as some fact or I have a friend who has a friend who sleeps with Kenny's wife who told me... Speculation...for sure. Optimism...maybe. But if that's not OK here in early December, at the dawn of the GM meetings, with nothing about baseball being talked about other than Barry Bonds' steroid hemorroid cream, then when is it? To me, this should be a place to have fun talking about our favorite team...not to tear each other down.
-All- smiles-from-here-on-out Buck
:smile::cool::D:

OG4LIFE
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Cool...and thanks. No, I don't care if people agree. But I wasn't posting it as some fact or I have a friend who has a friend who sleeps with Kenny's wife who told me... Speculation...for sure. Optimism...maybe. But if that's not OK here in early December, at the dawn of the GM meetings, with nothing about baseball being talked about other than Barry Bonds' steroid hemorroid cream, then when is it? To me, this should be a place to have fun talking about our favorite team...not to tear each other down.
-All- smiles-from-here-on-out Buck
:smile::cool::D:

abandon all optimism all who enter WSI

CubKilla
12-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Whomever posted last week that the Maggs front is too quiet is right. Here's a "What if" if not a "What the f___?" What do you think the chances are that KW has operated below the radar, has spoken with Maggs and Boras, probably even gotten a medical report/exam done and will either offer arbitration or sign him to an incentive-laden contract? It makes sense for Williams and Boras to keep that hate-relationship above-ground even while they work behind the scenes.
You're giving the idiot KW way too much credit.

batmanZoSo
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Man, there's one of these every month. And it always pans out in the exact same fashion. Lurkers make a note of this and avoid repeating history.