PDA

View Full Version : SI.com has some fun at Barry Bonds' expense

StillMissOzzie
12-06-2004, 04:45 PM
On SI.com, there's a column called 10 Spot. The number 1 item for today points out that, prior to the 2000 season, Bonds did not have ANY homers that measured 450 feet. Then, starting at age 36, he now has at least 21 tape measure shots. The column concludes with (and I paraphrase here) that "...I gotta get me some of that flaxseed oil. That stuff's dynamite."

IMHO, Bonds is either the lying-est player in MLB, or the stupidest, to not KNOW he was juicing. And I know where my money is betting.

SMO
:angry:

PaulDrake
12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
On SI.com, there's a column called 10 Spot. The number 1 item for today points out that, prior to the 2000 season, Bonds did not have ANY homers that measured 450 feet. Then, starting at age 36, he now has at least 21 tape measure shots. The column concludes with (and I paraphrase here) that "...I gotta get me some of that flaxseed oil. That stuff's dynamite."

IMHO, Bonds is either the lying-est player in MLB, or the stupidest, to not KNOW he was juicing. And I know where my money is betting.

SMO
:angry: IMHO Barry Bonds is lots of things but one of them is not stupid.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-06-2004, 05:06 PM
IMHO Barry Bonds is lots of things but one of them is not stupid.
I'm sure you'll agree, PD, sometimes it sure is convenient to pretend to be stupid... especially if you're smart.
:cool:

ilsox7
12-06-2004, 05:14 PM

SMO
:angry:
I heard a former Professional Athlete (I can't remember who) over the weekend talking about this. He basically said that professional athletes are sooooo careful about their bodies that there is no way he wouldn't have known. Bonds especially was ultra-protective of EVERYTHING he did. I guarantee you he knew the chemical breakdown of the steroids and probably the amino acid strands or whatever scientific term it is that the steroids affected. He looks like more of an idiot by claiming he didn't know. He's screwed either way, but at least be a man and say, "Hey, you got me." This covering up bull**** is just that, bull****.

FarWestChicago
12-06-2004, 06:11 PM
IMHO, Bonds is either the lying-est player in MLB:nandrolone

Are you serious??? Nobody is in my league when it comes to being a cheat and a fraud. Frankly, I'm getting tired of being ignored these last few days.

munchman33
12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm sure you'll agree, PD, sometimes it sure is convenient to pretend to be stupid... especially if you're smart.
:cool:
:KW

"Finally, someone who understands!"

OG4LIFE
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
:KW

"Finally, someone who understands!"
LOL...
hilarious

CubKilla
12-06-2004, 07:41 PM
I heard a former Professional Athlete (I can't remember who) over the weekend talking about this. He basically said that professional athletes are sooooo careful about their bodies that there is no way he wouldn't have known. Bonds especially was ultra-protective of EVERYTHING he did. I guarantee you he knew the chemical breakdown of the steroids and probably the amino acid strands or whatever scientific term it is that the steroids affected.
The same goes for professional baseball players and their baseball bats. Only one player just picks up anything in the dugout when walking up to the dish.....

:shammy

"It's only to put on a show for the fans during BP. HONEST!"

Nick@Nite
12-07-2004, 10:30 AM

SMO
:angry:To date, this is my favorite quote on this whole thing;

"Bonds says he didnít know, but if he didnít know, he didnít want to know, and if he didnít want to know, then itís because he already did know." --- Jim Rome

NonetheLoaiza
12-07-2004, 01:41 PM
To date, this is my favorite quote on this whole thing;

"Bonds says he didnít know, but if he didnít know, he didnít want to know, and if he didnít want to know, then itís because he already did know." --- Jim Rome
im not a fan of rome at all, but that quote is pretty dead on, in my opinion.

Flight #24
12-07-2004, 01:54 PM
The same goes for professional baseball players and their baseball bats. Only one player just picks up anything in the dugout when walking up to the dish.....

:shammy

"It's only to put on a show for the fans during BP. HONEST!"
FWIW - Dan Patrick & Rob Dibble on ESPN are basically assuming Sosa juiced. Paraphrasing: "Maybe the mets just think that now that he's off the juice he's not that good of a player"

Cubbiesuck13
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
To date, this is my favorite quote on this whole thing;

my favorite was "Even Popeye knew it wasn't spinach"

Nick@Nite
12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
my favorite was "Even Popeye knew it wasn't spinach"I didn't hear that one... thanks! :rolling: