PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't Hate Me

BRDSR
12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
I've been a Sox fan for 12 years and I've always been too embarrassed to ask this question but now I'm just going to do it and please don't hate me:

What exactly is a "Pick to Click?"

Obviously it's the guy Hawk or DJ picks to do well during the game, but how does either one of them win the pick to click? Basically, what does it technically mean for a player "to click?"

voodoochile
12-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I've been a Sox fan for 12 years and I've always been too embarrassed to ask this question but now I'm just going to do it and please don't hate me:

What exactly is a "Pick to Click?"

Obviously it's the guy Hawk or DJ picks to do well during the game, but how does either one of them win the pick to click? Basically, what does it technically mean for a player "to click?"
Have a good game. I don't think they are as strict as we are at WSI. I believe more than one person can be awarded a PTC in their version, but am not sure on that fact.

Basically, if someone has multiple hits or hits a homer or something equally good, they "clicked".

doublem23
12-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Have a good game. I don't think they are as strict as we are at WSI. I believe more than one person can be awarded a PTC in their version, but am not sure on that fact.

Hawk's tally always did seem to go up faster than any one else's. :cool:

Jjav829
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Hawk's tally always did seem to go up faster than any one else's. :cool:I think it's just based on Hawk's mood in a given day. If he's in a pissed off, quiet broadcast type mood, he wins. If he's feeling good about the game or the day in general, he throws DJ or the crew a win. :smile:

:hawk
"I had Uribe who went 0-4 with 4 K's but made himself a dandy of a catch. DJ, you had Lee who went 2-3 with 2 HR's. The Crew had Crede who was 2-3 with a double. Chalk up another win for the Hawkaroo."

:DJ
"Huh?"

Baby Fisk
12-06-2004, 12:55 PM
With a thread title like "Please Don't Hate Me" I was expecting way more acrimonious content. Way more. :cool:

doublem23
12-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I think it's just based on Hawk's mood in a given day. If he's in a pissed off, quiet broadcast, type mood, he wins. If he's feeling good about the game or the day in general, he throws DJ or the crew a win. :smile:

:hawk
"I had Uribe who went 0-4 with 4 K's but made himself a dandy of a catch. DJ, you had Lee who went 2-3 with 2 HR's. The Crew had Crede who was 2-3 with a double. Chalk up another win for the Hawkaroo."

:DJ
"Huh?"
Defense does win championships.

Gosox1917
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
I remember listening to one game and somebody e-mailed Hawk with the same question. He said it was whoever was had the best day on the field, most often at the plate. However, if it's between a guy like Frank who went 2-4 with a HR or a guy like Ross Gload who was 2-4 with a two-run double, Gload would win because he doesn't get to play as much as Frank. Another example, if Konerko went 3-4 and Willie drove in the game winning run with a hit, Willie would win cause of his lack of, well I forgot how they put it, but to be honest, lack of talent at the plate. Also, Hawk and DJ never do pick pitchers, only here at WSI.

Iwritecode
12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
IIRC, it's only between the guys that are picked for that game. That way somebody wins everytime.

Unlike here at WSI where it's between the whole team and it's possible that nobody wins the PTC...

cburns
12-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I miss baseball

DumpJerry
12-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I miss getting in my car after work and turning the Sox game on the radio. Off days are soooo quiet.

batmanZoSo
12-06-2004, 07:01 PM

Basically, if someone has multiple hits or hits a homer or something equally good, they "clicked".
The pick to click is freakin stupid. They don't even follow up on it, do they? Unless I'm crazy...or stupid myseslf. They just make their picks, and the next day you see the standings.

Gosox1917
12-06-2004, 09:13 PM
The pick to click is freakin stupid. They don't even follow up on it, do they? Unless I'm crazy...or stupid myseslf. They just make their picks, and the next day you see the standings.
Haha...yea they never do say who the winner was at the end of a game. I'm not sure what purpose it serves to the fans other than Hawk sometimes lets a lucky fan who e-mailed him pick along with him. Other than that, its just for fun among the broadcast team.

ondafarm
12-06-2004, 09:20 PM
With a thread title like "Please Don't Hate Me" I was expecting way more acrimonious content. Way more. :cool:
Ditto.