PDA

View Full Version : Sham-me trade to Mets nixed due to 'roid worries

Palehose Pete
12-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Nice. I'm tingling all over right now in anticipation of Sosa's response to this.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-sammy04.html

:nandrolone

"AAA-CHOOO! My back!"

DumpJerry
12-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Cubune also ran this story on Saturday

RKMeibalane
12-04-2004, 08:57 PM
It looks like Sosa and the Cubs will be stuck with each other next season. :D:

FarWestChicago
12-04-2004, 09:33 PM
It looks like Sosa and the Cubs will be stuck with each other next season. :D:I imagine the Flub brass is learning everything they can about the Skanks and the Lumbering Steroid Ox contract. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/banana.gif

C-Dawg
12-04-2004, 11:00 PM
It looks like Sosa and the Cubs will be stuck with each other next season. :D:

That is the silver lining, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and the moral of the story all rolled into one. A sullen, shrunken, disinterested Sammy Sosa will be in RF next year :cool:

JKryl
12-05-2004, 11:19 PM
That is the silver lining, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and the moral of the story all rolled into one. A sullen, shrunken, disinterested Sammy Sosa will be in RF next year :cool:
I wonder if it would be legal to start a pool where you guess Sammy's weight when he reports next year.

34 Inch Stick
12-06-2004, 08:20 AM
As I said before, this is going to be pure pleasure when Sam-me reports to spring training late this year and is greeted with tough questions and anger rather than boquets.

blesto-v
12-06-2004, 11:58 AM
....we might just get it....

2003 Buffed-up Sammy: 1 HR ever y12.93 AB's

2004 Shrunken Sammy: 1 HR every 13.66 AB's

WOW!......big dropoff in what , for him, was a BAD year......right?:mad:

So, Sammy reports and says something like: "I don't deserve to wear the "C" and I have a lot to prove to my mates...."

Dusty puts new clubhouse rules in place and, one way or another, the boombox is gone......

An angry Sammy, knowing that he is in his "walk" year of his contract, goes out and pounds the piss out of the ball...............if he was on 'roids before, his 2005 HR's only travel 425 feet instead of onto Kenmore.......

We've got too many short-sighted, moronic fans who are so focused on the Cubs that their fantasies of Cub disaster impairs their ability to look at the facts.......

Sosa: 1 RBI every 5.97 AB's

Caballo: 1 RBI every 5.98 AB's:(:

Fact: Sosa can still play.............you oughta be hoping they ship his ass out of town..............and that he has a solid year somewhere else.....

:dtroll:

Rocky Soprano
12-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey this has to be the first time a TROLL :dtroll:, identifies himself as such at the end up his post.

Sosa sucks, period.

southsider17
12-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey this has to be the first time a TROLL :dtroll:, identifies himself as such at the end up his post.

Sosa sucks, period.
What does that mean exactly (Troll)? I'm curious. :?:

bobj4400
12-06-2004, 12:47 PM
What does that mean exactly (Troll)? I'm curious. :?:
A troll is a Cub fan (or any opposing team's fan) that comes to this site to pick fights with real White Sox fans.

blesto-v
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
A troll is a Cub fan (or any opposing team's fan) that comes to this site to pick fights with real White Sox fans.
I clicked on the "troll" icon because it looked cool......

:cool:

southsider17
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
OK. Thanks.

southsider17
12-06-2004, 12:56 PM

That it does! Or was that a Freudian slip? :o:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-06-2004, 01:03 PM

Welcome to WSI, blesto. You're not the first Cubs fan to post here. We've even enjoyed posts by our in-house Cubs fan, Vic. He's a real rarity... an intelligent Cubs fan. Most of us thought the term was an physical impossiblity until we met Vic. Truly he is a freak of nature.
:wink:

You can stay. Intelligent fans are always invited. Just please do us the favor of keeping all the Cub talk to this message board. Most Sox Fans get pissed about all the obsessing that goes on about the Flubbies. That's why this message board was created. Thanks.

eriqjaffe
12-06-2004, 01:15 PM
So, Sammy reports and says something like: "I don't deserve to wear the "C" and I have a lot to prove to my mates...."To be honest, this is the part I have the hardest time swallowing, and I'm sure I'm not alone there. Considering all the hubbub that surrounded Sammy's being dropped to the #6 slot in the batting order...

Let me be more specific. I can see Sammy saying something like that. I have a hard time seeing Sammy meaning something like that.

DrCrawdad
12-06-2004, 01:56 PM

2003 Buffed-up Sammy: 1 HR ever y12.93 AB's

2004 Shrunken Sammy: 1 HR every 13.66 AB's

WOW!......big dropoff in what , for him, was a BAD year......right?:mad:

An angry Sammy, knowing that he is in his "walk" year of his contract, goes out and pounds the piss out of the ball...............if he was on 'roids before, his 2005 HR's only travel 425 feet instead of onto Kenmore.......

We've got too many short-sighted, moronic fans who are so focused on the Cubs that their fantasies of Cub disaster impairs their ability to look at the facts.......

SOSA'S HR STATS
YR AB/HR HR AGE
'90 35.50 15 21
'91 31.60 10 22
'92 32.75 08 23
'93 18.12 33 24
'94 17.04 25 25
'95 15.66 36 26
'96 12.45 40 27
'97 17.83 36 28
'98 09.74 66 29
'99 09.92 63 30
'00 12.08 50 31
'01 09.01 64 32
'02 11.35 49 33
'03 12.95 40 34
'04 13.66 35 35

The ... steroid scandal is mostly about the prevalent vice of denial...As a classic baseball book like "A Day in the Bleachers" by Arnold Hano -- or anything by Roger Angell -- reminds us, the first tool for understanding baseball is the eyes. Trust your eyes, as Hano did at the Polo Grounds, and you can see that steroids were a huge part of baseball in the storied summer of 1998, when a pumped-up Sammy Sosa battled pumped-up Mark McGwire for Roger Maris' single-season home-run record. However, fear or cravenness or ignorance held far too many people back from acknowledging the obvious. - Steve Kettmann, a former San Francisco Chronicle sportswriter.

blesto-v
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Welcome to WSI, blesto. You're not the first Cubs fan to post here. We've even enjoyed posts by our in-house Cubs fan, Vic. He's a real rarity... an intelligent Cubs fan. Most of us thought the term was an physical impossiblity until we met Vic. Truly he is a freak of nature.
:wink:

You can stay. Intelligent fans are always invited. Just please do us the favor of keeping all the Cub talk to this message board. Most Sox Fans get pissed about all the obsessing that goes on about the Flubbies. That's why this message board was created. Thanks.
PHGeorge,

I asked one of "your kind," southsider17, where he hung out for Sox stuff and he gave me this site. I had, already, alerted him to a super Cub board where he'd be comfortable. The guys are ALL baseball business----they'd trade their mothers if it would improve the Cubs. None of this juvenile "Sox Suck, Cards Suck" crap.

So, I'll be kind. But, I won't pull any punches.

Besides, I like the icons......:D:

StillMissOzzie
12-06-2004, 03:44 PM

Fact: Sosa can still play.............you oughta be hoping they ship his ass out of town..............and that he has a solid year somewhere else.....

It remains to be seen if his steroid-withdrawn body can withstand the rigors of a full season. Maybe another sneeze will send him onto another extended stint on the DL. I hope he has a crap season in 2005, whether it's here in Chicago OR elsewhere, if only to magnify the post-steroid Sosa.

SMO
:gulp:

bobj4400
12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Boston Gammons keeps head in sand...spews Cubpoganda for Hendry:

"There should be several trades in Anaheim, although it remains to be seen if either Sammy Sosa (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4344) or Randy Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4288) will be moved. The Cubs (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chn) want to deal Sosa to the Mets (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nym) --for Cliff Floyd (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5177) and a prospect, with Chicago making the money work -- but the Mets haven't indicated whether they're still in it. There had been reports in New York that the Barry Bonds (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3918) "scandal" affected New York's thinking, but the Cubs' front office thinks that is absurd, since Sosa has never been linked to any steroid scandal and last year hit 34 home runs despite missing close to 30 games because of a back injury."

Uh, Boston, just open your eyes and look and the juiced up Sham-me of '98 v. the shriveled up mini-version of the cheater in 2004 for all the proof you need.