PDA

View Full Version : Circumstance Big Unit Thread

Champs2004
12-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Maybe i'm just an idiot, but hear me out. Is it really possible for us to get him considering the Cards and Yankmees have backed out? Sexson is as good as gone. Why not give the Unit a little pressure to either stay losing in AZ or to come to the southside. Plus he doesnt have to leave his family during Spring Training.

P.S. Otis, if you're seeing this, please give us the truth.

soxwon
12-03-2004, 06:03 PM
he would still train in the same ballpark!!!

santo=dorf
12-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Randy has stated that he wants to be traded before the season starts, otherwise he's going to stay in Arizona.

Arizona has made offers to Russ Ortiz (good chance of signing,) and Troy Glaus, yet they are $300 million in debt. I don't think they can afford to keep Randy.

Randy wants to get to 300 wins, and could benefit from facing the Indians, Tigers, and Royals 3-4 times a year each.

Randy Johnson is neighbors with Reinsdorf in Arizona, but JR seems like the type of neighbor who steals your newspaper.

Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Randy realizes that the Sox can be a competitor, and is willing to play with the Sox rather than a cellar-dwelling D'Backs team.
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/AACW027.jpg

:supernana:

gosox41
12-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Maybe i'm just an idiot, but hear me out. Is it really possible for us to get him considering the Cards and Yankmees have backed out? Sexson is as good as gone. Why not give the Unit a little pressure to either stay losing in AZ or to come to the southside. Plus he doesnt have to leave his family during Spring Training.

P.S. Otis, if you're seeing this, please give us the truth.
I think both the Yankees and Cards are bluffing. They'll be back in negotiations once the D-Backs see that RJ won't come to the Sox:(: and the D-Backs wake up and realize that they need to trade him and get something because there's no point keeping an unhappy, expensive player around a rebuilding sucky team.

Bob

Ol' No. 2
12-04-2004, 10:37 AM
I think both the Yankees and Cards are bluffing. They'll be back in negotiations once the D-Backs see that RJ won't come to the Sox:(: and the D-Backs wake up and realize that they need to trade him and get something because there's no point keeping an unhappy, expensive player around a rebuilding sucky team.

BobThe Snakes know Steinbrenner has lusted after Johnson for years, and they're trying to squeeze him for everything they can get. Who can blame them? I just think they overplayed their hand, and they'll realize it soon enough. The package the Yanks offered blows out of the water anything else that's been offered.

serena
12-04-2004, 12:26 PM
The Snakes know Steinbrenner has lusted after Johnson for years, and they're trying to squeeze him for everything they can get. Who can blame them? I just think they overplayed their hand, and they'll realize it soon enough. The package the Yanks offered blows out of the water anything else that's been offered.
I agree -- I don't think the Yankees or the Cardinals are out of it no matter how much they protest.