PDA

View Full Version : Indians offer Clement 3 year deal

Foulke You
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Per The Score 670. If I heard correctly, it was for $28 million over 3 years! Looks like the Sox better open the pocket books if they want pitching this year, if Clement can command almost $10 million per.:o:

Justafan
12-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Per The Score 670. If I heard correctly, it was for $28 million over 3 years! Looks like the Sox better open the pocket books if they want pitching this year, if Clement can command almost $10 million per.:o:
24 million over 3 years is what I heard. Still, that's big coin.

Flight #24
12-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Once again, kudos to KW on trading for Garcia and resigning him to what is now a below market deal.

SoxFanTillDeath
12-03-2004, 12:32 PM
:reinsy
At these prices you better get used to seing Grilli, Diaz, and Munoz!

Foulke You
12-03-2004, 02:33 PM
24 million over 3 years is what I heard. Still, that's big coin.
Thanks for correcting me...I only caught the tail end of the report. As you said, that is still big time coin for a pitcher like Clement. Pedro and Pavano are probably going to clean up this offseason.

Blueprint1
12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I think i may have been wrong about that Garcia deal pitching is very expensive.

34 Inch Stick
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
All things being equal I bet he would stay in Chicago. That's a lot of money for a .500 pitcher who ended the season with an injury. Still I have him as the top realistic guy I would like to see the Sox sign.

They better get Wright on the phone if they lose out on Clement. We had better get active before it is too late.

OEO Magglio
12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
These offers are ridiculous. The sox really have to somehow get Wright, all the other options might be way to expensive. If we can sign Jaret for 5 or 6 mill a year, we got ourselves a steal with this market.

Wealz
12-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Once again, kudos to KW on trading for Garcia and resigning him to what is now a below market deal.
Would you rather have Garcia or Clement . . . and Reed?

kittle42
12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Ol' No. 2
12-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Would you rather have Garcia or Clement . . . and Reed?Garcia.

Jabroni
12-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Garcia.Agreed. Go look at Garcia and Clement's career numbers. Then remember that Freddy has always pitched in the A.L. while Clement has always pitched in the N.L. There's no comparison.

Rocky Soprano
12-03-2004, 05:56 PM
yeah cause not trading for garcia would of ASSURED we would of got Clement, right?

Get over Reed already. Its a thing of the past.

Wealz
12-03-2004, 06:45 PM
yeah cause not trading for garcia would of ASSURED we would of got Clement, right?

Get over Reed already. Its a thing of the past.
I don't know I thought giving kudos to Williams for trading away the best hitting prospect the Sox had since Thomas for the marginal gain of Garcia v. Clement was a bit much.

FarWestChicago
12-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Would you rather have Garcia or Clement . . . and Reed?http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/hijacked.gif http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/hijacked.gif

Classic FOBB maneuver. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

santo=dorf
12-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Garcia.

Who becomes our number 2 starter? Or do you actually expect the Sox to sign TWO free agents pitchers this offseason (which so far has been a terrible market for buyers.)

Soxzilla
12-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Had we kept Reed and not traded for Garcia, our opening day 2005 rotation could just as EASILY look like this ...

Buehrle
Garland
Contreras
Schoeneweiss
Diaz

Because, had we not signed Garcia, we could have just as easily finished in 4th place, thus calling a plan of action to rebuild and giving Jerry an excuse to not sign any big free agents.

Of course, just as easily the world could explode, but hey, I'm all about crack pot theories.:redneck

Foulke You
12-04-2004, 03:18 AM
Had we kept Reed and not traded for Garcia, our opening day 2005 rotation could just as EASILY look like this ...

Buehrle
Garland
Contreras
Schoeneweiss
Diaz

Because, had we not signed Garcia, we could have just as easily finished in 4th place, thus calling a plan of action to rebuild and giving Jerry an excuse to not sign any big free agents.

Of course, just as easily the world could explode, but hey, I'm all about crack pot theories.:redneckActually, when you consider Schoeneweis is a free agent, our rotation could have looked like this:

Buehrle
Garland
Contreras
Diaz
Grilli
:o: :o:

FarWestChicago
12-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Actually, when you consider Schoeneweis is a free agent, our rotation could have looked like this:

Buehrle
Garland
Contreras
Diaz
Grilli
:o: :o:Yes, but we would have had two lead pipe lock, first round hall of fame postion players. Hell, they might have waived the rules and put them in while they were still active. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif