PDA

View Full Version : The Train Conductor is a Cubs Fan

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
OK..So anyways i was on the train coming from school in oak park to elmhurst this afternoon. There were a bunch of people in line ahead of me..and they all had their little "punch cards". And i was at the end of the line, and i didnt have a punch card. I had 2 dollars. Whenever i take the train and dont bring my punch card..the conductors get really pissed off for no reason. And whenever i pay with cash they always criticize me with some offensive comment. So anyways getting back to my story..I said "Im going to elmhurst" to this funny looking conductor guy...and he gets all cheesed off..I'm like do you want my money or not..And then he's like "Sox fans should pay the fare" or something. He obviosuly saw me wearing my sox jacket and had to criticize me. Me friend said "Hes obviously a cubs fan". After he walked out i said something innapropriate to my friend about the guy. Were reaching elmhurst and the Conductor comes back in the Car me and my friend are in. The guy was talking to a woman as he was walking away. I shouted "Go White Sox!" to him and as he turned around i was gone.
Hope you enjoyed this little anecdote of Mine. The moral of the story is Cubs fans are Lazy.

MUsoxfan
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
The moral of the story is Cubs fans are Lazy.
If I ever get into the business of children's books I'm gonna make that the moral of every book. It needs to be drilled into childrens heads

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-02-2004, 05:25 PM
If I ever get into the business of children's books I'm gonna make that the moral of every book. It needs to be drilled into childrens heads
Yeah dude i know. My EX-gf (ill have you all know we broke up)'s dad is a HUGE cubs fan. And what are the requirements? Being lazy and OUT OF WORK. jesus..BOTH my parents work REALLY HARD at their jobs. Her dad doesnt even work. He stays home all day to watch those "cubbie games".:angry: You call that a life?

SOXSINCE'70
12-05-2004, 09:22 AM
My younger sister married into a sCrUBbie family.As a result,
my 3 nieces are bing raised on "the dark side".:angry: :angry: :angry:

But there is a twist;my brother in law's sister married into
a SOX family.And they live on the South Side.:D: :D: :D:

robiwho
12-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Must be something about train conductors. Last summer I was on the train with my six-year-old son, who was wearing his Sox hat. As we were waiting to get off, the conductor asked him why he wasn't a Cubs fan. My response was, "Because his Mama raised him right." He laughed, but I was still pretty annoyed.

Rocky Soprano
12-06-2004, 04:54 PM
My younger sister married into a sCrUBbie family.As a result,
my 3 nieces are bing raised on "the dark side".:angry: :angry: :angry:

But there is a twist;my brother in law's sister married into
a SOX family.And they live on the South Side.:D: :D: :D:
Man you better get more involved in your nieces lives!
Dont let them get sucked in.

SOXSINCE'70
12-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Man you better get more involved in your nieces lives!
Dont let them get sucked in.
Time is my only friend.Most all my friends at work tell me
they started out as sCrUBS fans,but became Sox fans
as they grew older.They began to realise losing isn't
lovable.:D: :D:

ewokpelts
12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah dude i know. My EX-gf (ill have you all know we broke up)'s dad is a HUGE cubs fan. And what are the requirements? Being lazy and OUT OF WORK. jesus..BOTH my parents work REALLY HARD at their jobs. Her dad doesnt even work. He stays home all day to watch those "cubbie games".:angry: You call that a life?i got lucky...my girlfriend is a sox fan(BEFORE I met her)....it was eay getting to know her family when you mention"i'm an idiot...i mean season ticket holder"......too bad i have to hold my tounge about my feeling for the lockouthawks(her mom's a hawks fan)....
Gene

ChiSoxJack
12-07-2004, 07:22 PM
OK..So anyways i was on the train coming from school in oak park to elmhurst this afternoon. There were a bunch of people in line ahead of me..and they all had their little "punch cards". And i was at the end of the line, and i didnt have a punch card. I had 2 dollars. Whenever i take the train and dont bring my punch card..the conductors get really pissed off for no reason. And whenever i pay with cash they always criticize me with some offensive comment. So anyways getting back to my story..I said "Im going to elmhurst" to this funny looking conductor guy...and he gets all cheesed off..I'm like do you want my money or not..And then he's like "Sox fans should pay the fare" or something. He obviosuly saw me wearing my sox jacket and had to criticize me. Me friend said "Hes obviously a cubs fan". After he walked out i said something innapropriate to my friend about the guy. Were reaching elmhurst and the Conductor comes back in the Car me and my friend are in. The guy was talking to a woman as he was walking away. I shouted "Go White Sox!" to him and as he turned around i was gone.
Hope you enjoyed this little anecdote of Mine. The moral of the story is Cubs fans are Lazy.
Sad part is I think every Sox fan in the world has a story like this. And they wonder why we hate the Cubs.