PDA

View Full Version : Tigers make pitch to Pavano

Jabroni
12-02-2004, 02:16 PM
"Tigers make pitch to Pavano"
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041202&content_id=917701&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

:o:

Jjav829
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
When is that Pavano to Chicago trip scheduled for again?

Justafan
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Reunited with Pudge. Meanwhile in Gotham city, the Sox are playing with their nads and watching.

Palehose13
12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Reunited with Pudge. Meanwhile in Gotham city, the Sox are playing with their nads and watching.
:?: The article said that they are nowhere close to a deal...the tiggers just made an offer.

Justafan
12-02-2004, 02:28 PM
:?: The article said that they are nowhere close to a deal...the tiggers just made an offer.
I understand that. It's still an offer and I'm sure Pudge will try and sell Pavano on the fact they have acquired a stud closer and already have a good offense.

Meanwhile in Gotham city???????

Palehose13
12-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I understand that. It's still an offer and I'm sure Pudge will try and sell Pavano on the fact they have acquired a stud closer and already have a good offense.

Meanwhile in Gotham city???????
As usual for you:

:chickenlittle

Justafan
12-02-2004, 02:41 PM
As usual for you:

:chickenlittle

You're right. I forgot all the F/A that have been banging down the door to play here. My bad.:rolleyes:

Palehose13
12-02-2004, 03:11 PM
You're right. I forgot all the F/A that have been banging down the door to play here. My bad.:rolleyes:
My point is that we haven't heard anything...good or bad, but yet you tend to assume the negative.

Christ, Pavano only visited the Tigers and you already assume that he is going to sign there based on his relationship with IRod. How do you even know they even like each other? What about his relationship with Ozzie? There are many questions which we do not know (and will probably never know) the answers to.

FarWestChicago
12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
My point is that we haven't heard anything...good or bad, but yet you tend to assume the negative.Yep. And everybody knows Killa is the Head FOLIP. The other wannabes are urinating upstream. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Jjav829
12-02-2004, 04:44 PM
FWIW, the Tigers website speculates that Pavano could have a 4-year contract proposal waiting for him when he gets to Detroit. I wonder if there is any chance he pulls a Troy Percival. Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041202&content_id=917701&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp)

Hangar18
12-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Ive come to expect the WORST when it comes to JERRY REIN$DORF
doing the right thing. In this case, fixing the hole he created/ignored
when he let Bartolo Colon go to the Angels and never really replaced him.
Nice one. I like how the Article says Detroit is "aggressive" in making
a pitch for Pavano, and that theyre visiting teams that are interested in him.
New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners and Anaheim (Colon)
are next for his visit. Doesnt mention the White Sox. Maybe
we can all Pretend Kenny and Uncle Jerry are hiding in the weeds, letting
the market "play out" and then making their move and acquiring
Carl Pavano just in time for SoxFest 05!. Not. For those ridiculing
those of us who know Pavano wont be coming to Chicago (south of Madison)
lets visit this thread again in a few weeks.

Ol' No. 2
12-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Ive come to expect the WORST when it comes to JERRY REIN$DORF
doing the right thing. In this case, fixing the hole he created/ignored
when he let Bartolo Colon go to the Angels and never really replaced him.
Nice one. I like how the Article says Detroit is "aggressive" in making
a pitch for Pavano, and that theyre visiting teams that are interested in him.
New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners and Anaheim (Colon)
are next for his visit. Doesnt mention the White Sox. Maybe
we can all Pretend Kenny and Uncle Jerry are hiding in the weeds, letting
the market "play out" and then making their move and acquiring
Carl Pavano just in time for SoxFest 05!. Not. For those ridiculing
those of us who know Pavano wont be coming to Chicago (south of Madison)
lets visit this thread again in a few weeks.Wasn't Garcia basically the replacement for Colon? Granted, it was mid-season and not the off-season. But waiting until mid-season to see where the holes are and then plugging them is not necessarily such a bad strategy.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Wasn't Garcia basically the replacement for Colon? Granted, it was mid-season and not the off-season. But waiting until mid-season to see where the holes are and then plugging them is not necessarily such a bad strategy. I think the White Sox thought Schoeneweis could fill in for Colon's 200+ IP. We all know how that worked out, didn't seem too bad in April, but once he got injured he stunk up the place. However, they fixed all of that by getting Garcia in the middle of the season. :)

Paulwny
12-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Wasn't Garcia basically the replacement for Colon? Granted, it was mid-season and not the off-season. But waiting until mid-season to see where the holes are and then plugging them is not necessarily such a bad strategy.
Always waiting for mid season moves is a recipe for failure. The player(s) you trade for may not cost much dollar wise but you do lose players in these trades, usually from the minors. This causes a depletion of your minor league system.
Although the yankmees sign fa's they always make trades at the break for the stretch drive and have now seen the effect on their minor league system.

Jjav829
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Scott Shapiro denies the report of a 4-year, $40 million contract offer from the Tigers.

Link (http://www.freep.com/sports/tigers/tigers4e_20041204.htm)

OEO Magglio
12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Give me a break. The sox have almost been in every single trade rumor, they've been discussed as interested in many free agents. You have to wait and see, the sox won't sign anyone until after December 7th. I know it's hard but have some patience.

Soxzilla
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
All aboard the bus for the 2005 Chicago White Sox ... NEXT STOP!

4th place.

Lip Man 1
12-04-2004, 09:56 PM
OEO says: "I know it's hard but have some patience."

Where have we heard this before??? I know LAST YEAR. First it was the arbitration deadline, then the winter meetings, then the start of the year, then the opening of spring training, then midway through spring training.

Do I expect the Sox to make moves...yes. Will they be major moves.....no.

Remember the cost of excellence is higher then the Sox can afford.

and you can say that Sox fans have shown patience....45 years since a World Series, 87 years since a championship.

How much longer do they have to wait folks?

Lip