PDA

View Full Version : Not another FA signing thread...

chisoxmike
12-02-2004, 12:44 PM
...but yes. Here's an idea. Thinking the Sox can raise payroll a bit...think of these three guys added to our team.

-David Dellucci- OF- can fill the hold in RF

-Matt Clement/Jarad Wright- Can be a possible 5th starter.

-Placido Polanco-INF- can fill the SS/2B void

Well, I'm ready for the bashing and "this thread sucks/blows" tags.

Flight #24
12-02-2004, 12:47 PM
...but yes. Here's an idea. Thinking the Sox can raise payroll a bit...think of these three guys added to our team.

-David Dellucci- OF- can fill the hold in RF

-Matt Clement/Jarad Wright- Can be a possible 5th starter.

-Placido Polanco-INF- can fill the SS/2B void

Well, I'm ready for the bashing and "this thread sucks/blows" tags.
Jose Valentine, Omer Visquel, & Joe Bouchard I can understand....but Jarad Wright?

j/k:)

For the record, I wouldn't mind those guys, but I think Polanco's going to be more expensive than they'll be willing to pay. Same with Clement.

santo=dorf
12-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Per Rotoworld.
Free agent David Dellucci has narrowed his list of suitors to four teams: the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Dodgers and Rangers.
The Rockies reportedly offered Dellucci a one-year guarantee at $800,000 with a $50,000 buyout on a $1 million option for 2006. Arizona is believed to have made a similar offer while Texas has offered a straight one-year deal worth about $800,000. The Dodgers have offered a two-year guarantee. Since the Rockies probably have the most playing time to offer Dellucci, they might land him by slightly improving their proposal. Dec. 1 - 5:13 am et
Source: Rocky Mountain News (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/rockies/article/0,1299,DRMN_19_3365866,00.html)