PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2005 Schedule Update

chisoxmike
12-01-2004, 10:00 PM
From ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1936328

dcb33
12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
That's wild- anyone can submit a schedule. Well I guess I know what I will be doing with down time at work- preparing my proposed schedule for the 2006 MLB season!

Railsplitter
12-03-2004, 09:16 AM
This may explain why all the "natural" rivalries (Sox-Cubs, Yankees-Mets) take place at the same time.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2004, 10:49 AM
They need to open up both leagues and let everyone play each other at least a couple of series' a year.

Kogs35
12-03-2004, 10:57 AM
They need to open up both leagues and let everyone play each other at least a couple of series' a year.
thats prob going to happen when the american and national league names go away in time. but until they decied wheather the dh will stay or not the amercian and national league names will stay. and any1 notice we only play 18 games agianst the twins this year. instead of playing the twins 19 times we get an extra game with the o's

JKryl
12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Wow, the schedule creation has always been a mystery, and there was always the joke of two guys working on it in their garage in their spare time, but to think that it was actually true!

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

anewman35
12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
From ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1936328This probably explains why some things about our schedule are really strange compared to previous years (and I like them all):

1. Opening at home

2. Not playing the Cubs on back-to-back weekends

3. Playing New York and Boston on the same road trip

4. Playing all of September (except for one series) against the Central

5. We play the entire division in April, instead of waiting til after the break to see one team

6. There's less seeing the same team over and over in the same 2 week block

So, has anybody else already posted next year's schedule on their wall?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-05-2004, 01:08 AM
This probably explains why some things about our schedule are really strange compared to previous years (and I like them all):

1. Opening at home

2. Not playing the Cubs on back-to-back weekends

3. Playing New York and Boston on the same road trip

4. Playing all of September (except for one series) against the Central

5. We play the entire division in April, instead of waiting til after the break to see one team

6. There's less seeing the same team over and over in the same 2 week block

So, has anybody else already posted next year's schedule on their wall?
2005's schedule was written by the husband and wife that have been writing it for the past 24 years. The 2006 schedule will be written by the new group.

Lip Man 1
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
The White Sox never opened the season at home (the last being in 1990) by CHOICE. (No...not Royce Clayton!)

The organization felt that with the generally poor weather (although they were burned on this a few times the past few years...) they would draw well on Opening Day and then nothing for the rest of the homestand. When you are as 'poor' as the organization says the Sox are (and no that's not in teal!) they felt they could not afford to have six or seven home games with less then ten thousand in the park.

They had to be furious a few years ago when MLB gave them 11 April home games!

They have consistently requested as few April home games as possible and to open the first week or ten days on the road giving the weather some extra time to get better.

Lip

anewman35
12-05-2004, 02:16 PM
2005's schedule was written by the husband and wife that have been writing it for the past 24 years. The 2006 schedule will be written by the new group.
That's not what the article says: A small company outside Pittsburgh, the Sports Scheduling Group, has been selected by Major League Baseball to draw up the 2005 schedule, unseating the husband-and-wife team of Henry and Holly Stephenson, who have been doing it for 24 years.

Milw
12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
They have consistently requested as few April home games as possible and to open the first week or ten days on the road giving the weather some extra time to get better.

Lip But can you really blame them? To do otherwise would be foolish, from both an economic and a frigid perspective.

Lip Man 1
12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm not saying anything one way or another. As Kenny Williams would say 'it is what it is...'

Lip

ewokpelts
12-07-2004, 12:08 PM
2005's schedule was written by the husband and wife that have been writing it for the past 24 years. The 2006 schedule will be written by the new group.no...the new group posted the 05 scheds....re-read your espn article...
Gene

ewokpelts
12-07-2004, 12:12 PM
They need to open up both leagues and let everyone play each other at least a couple of series' a year. I've had an idea on how to do this....play each nl team one series a year, play the cubs twice, and play each al opponent AT LEAST twice(one home/one away)...that leave roughly an extra series for your dividsion opponent..this plan wont fly cuz mlb like unbalanced scheds (boston cubs vs. yank-mees is good for baseball).
Gene