PDA

View Full Version : My Sox video.

chisoxmike
12-01-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm taking this class at Columbia this semester called Production & Editing. For our final projects we can do a video on anything we want. I've decided to cover the 1983, 1993, and 2000 seasons. The last three seasons the Sox have gone to the playoffs. I have footage from 1993 and 2000, and I'm trying to get the Winning Ugly 20 years later tape. Does anybody know if grandstand sells the tape or if the White Sox gift shop is open at all over the holiday's, or any other place where I can find it?

Also, if somebody has the winning ugly 20 years later video, can you please tell me whats on it? Is there enough game footage to cover about 2 mins of the '83 season. The total running time of my project only needs to be 5-10mins.

Thanks a lot!

mike squires
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
There's plenty of footage including highlights of the playoffs. IT's very good. Expensive though. 30 bucks at the park.:o: But i'm an 83 fanatic so it was

worth it to me. The Grandstand may have it but I'd call first. Be warned, there is

a sticker on there saying it is encoded with an anticopying preocess...

Foulke You
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm taking this class at Columbia this semester called Production & Editing. For our final projects we can do a video on anything we want. I've decided to cover the 1983, 1993, and 2000 seasons. The last three seasons the Sox have gone to the playoffs. I have footage from 1993 and 2000, and I'm trying to get the Winning Ugly 20 years later tape. Does anybody know if grandstand sells the tape or if the White Sox gift shop is open at all over the holiday's, or any other place where I can find it?

Also, if somebody has the winning ugly 20 years later video, can you please tell me whats on it? Is there enough game footage to cover about 2 mins of the '83 season. The total running time of my project only needs to be 5-10mins.

Thanks a lot!
ChiSoxMike, I have the winning ugly 20 years later video on tape. Give me an email at chisoxwin@msn.com and we can work something out to get you a copy of it.

Lip Man 1
12-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Ditto...I have the Winning Ugly 20 years later tape AS WELL AS the original 83 season recap tape called Winning Ugly.

Plus I have approximately an hour and ten minutes of highlights from games played during the 83 season... that would give you plenty of footage without having to worry about making sure that your edits are long enough.

If you're interested here's my address.

mliptak1@ida.net

Lip

jake27
12-02-2004, 01:30 PM

Thanks a lot!
if its possible that u could email the finished movie or put it on vhs or dvd so i can buy it, i would love ot see it

chisoxmike
12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
if its possible that u could email the finished movie or put it on vhs or dvd so i can buy it, i would love ot see it
No problem, e-mail me at wseries06@hotmail.com

The video won't be done until sometime at the end of January.

Irishsox1
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
What is the video covering? Are you planning any interviews?

An important topic to cover is the selling of the Sox in 1981 to Reinsdorf. Reinsdorf cleaned up Comiskey, got Carlton Fisk and some Sox pitchers had there best year in '83.

1993, was the benefit of good drafting specifilly Thomas, McDowell and Ventura. The offense struggled in the playoffs, but Cy Young winner Jack McDowell was rocked in both starts. The Sox had a better overall team in 1994, but MLB went on strike.

2000, a weird overachieving team. Super hot in May and June, cold as ice in the playoffs. 4 years later, not one starting pitcher for the White Sox is still pitching in the majors.

chisoxmike
12-02-2004, 06:20 PM
The video is only going to be a look back on the 1983, 1993, and 2000 seasons. Its nothing huge just something I'm doing for a class. There is no way I plan on selling this becuase I'm getting clips from footage that isn't mine, and I plan to use music. Its just a class project, but if anyone is interested I can somehow get a way to make a few copies to give to people.

Irishsox1
12-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Yes, you can't sell the tape since you are not authorized to use the video, but for the project, its no big deal.

I recommend that you try to story board the entire video. I usually ran into trouble in the editing room when I didn't story board. My drawings sucked, but since I had limited time in the editing room, I had to finish up everything and submit it.

Good luck and remember, anything that you make in school will look like crap to you in 10 years. I recently watched something that I made in college....its almost as bad as a spike lee movie!!!

chisoxmike
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
HaHa, thank you.

ewokpelts
12-03-2004, 05:55 PM

Thanks a lot!contact the team...maybe they can get you in contact with einhorn's kid(who made the video), and he can let you borrow some stuff from it.....
Gene

p.s the 1993 highlight video si 5 bucks at soxfest....i got one last year...and you can buy the 2000 highlight video for 20...again, i'd try the team direct and see if they will let you talk to thier video guys...

oldcomiskey
12-03-2004, 07:13 PM
I still have the original 83 highlight film-----winnin ugly--anybody notice Hawks mistake while he was narrating

BainesHOF
12-03-2004, 07:19 PM
The video was one of the most half-assed video presentations I've seen. A high school kid with technical knowledge who actually cared about the video would have done 10 times better by accident.

ewokpelts
12-07-2004, 12:42 PM

Thanks a lot!how did everything work out?
Gene

chisoxmike
12-07-2004, 01:01 PM
how did everything work out?
GeneThis is my final project for the class. So, it won't be finished until the middle of January. As of now, I've selected the highlights I'm going to use for the 93 and 2000 seasons. One of our board members is in the process of getting me the winning ugly tape which I am greatful for. This week I'm going to be writing the script to the tape, and I'll probably shoot the outside of the cell to maybe use at the beginning or for the credits. Who knows. It will give me a chance to use class time to go to my favorite place and see how the renovations are doing. (At least the FUNdementals) I should bring a photo camera and post the progress too while I'm at it.

All in all, I'm excited to do this. It wont be winning any awards, but it will be something nice to have. (I hope.)

Thanks for your interest, and everyone who's offered and, special thanks to Foulke You.

naprvllesoxfan
12-07-2004, 06:38 PM

Thanks a lot!
Good luck with your project. My son starts at Columbia in February. So glad to here there is a Sox fan there. I hope there are more. He is totally surrounded with cub fans at his current dorm.

Soxzilla
12-07-2004, 07:10 PM
What is the video covering? Are you planning any interviews?

An important topic to cover is the selling of the Sox in 1981 to Reinsdorf. Reinsdorf cleaned up Comiskey, got Carlton Fisk and some Sox pitchers had there best year in '83.

1993, was the benefit of good drafting specifilly Thomas, McDowell and Ventura. The offense struggled in the playoffs, but Cy Young winner Jack McDowell was rocked in both starts. The Sox had a better overall team in 1994, but MLB went on strike.

2000, a weird overachieving team. Super hot in May and June, cold as ice in the playoffs. 4 years later, not one starting pitcher for the White Sox is still pitching in the majors.
Kip Wells is. Isn't that a cruel twist of irony!:redneck

Lip Man 1
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Wells missed starts last year with the Pirates because of a loss of feeling in the fingers of his pitching hand. Surgery was talked about. I don't know if he had it or what his status will be for 2005.

Lip

Foulke You
12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks for your interest, and everyone who's offered and, special thanks to Foulke You.Glad to help out a fellow Sox fan. Your disc should arrive by the end of the week.:cool: