PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather bring back

Tekijawa
12-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Ok... If we HAD to and in light of the Article about the Sox and Sosa being a good fit. Who would you rather bring back?

santo=dorf
12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I picked Sosa, because uh.....the other two suck BIG TIME.

It would also be somewhat interesting to see how flub fans react if their hero is back on the South Side. But I would doubt half the drunks in the bleachers would even realize it. :gulp:

Ol' No. 2
12-01-2004, 04:30 PM
If I HAVE to choose, I'd take Billy Koch. As long as he wasn't closing, he wasn't...well...he wasn't as bad as the other two choices.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Billy koch. After JM and OG realized Koch sucked, they let him rot away in the bullpen and assigned him to pitching mop up, where as Sammy Sosa makes $16 million or something ridiculous like that and he starts every day.

MUsoxfan
12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm going with Koch for a few reasons. 1) Sosa is just an a-hole plain and simple. 2) Koch was never guaranteed to give up a multi-run blast with the first batter faced 3) He always took personal responiblility for a bad performance and was a team oriented guy.

Of course, I want none of them back, but Koch is the least of the three evils.

jordan23ventura
12-01-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm going with Koch for a few reasons. 1) Sosa is just an a-hole plain and simple. 2) Koch was never guaranteed to give up a multi-run blast with the first batter faced 3) He always took personal responiblility for a bad performance and was a team oriented guy.

Of course, I want none of them back, but Koch is the least of the three evils.I agree. At least Koch seemed like a good guy. He never cried to the media about having opportunities taken away due to lack of performance, only said that he wanted to improve and help the team. I hope he figures out whatever is wrong and can be a decent reliever somewhere again.

mweflen
12-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Who's the one fool who voted for Jackson?

I'd pick Sosa, if only for the pleasure of:
1. Heckling him all year instead of just six times a year.
2. Having it be Big Frank or PK who smashes his boombox, not Kerry Wood.
3. Having him hit 50 at Coors East - but still booing him.

santo=dorf
12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Who's the one fool who voted for Jackson?

I'd pick Sosa, if only for the pleasure of:
1. Heckling him all year instead of just six times a year.
2. Having it be Big Frank or PK who smashes his boombox, not Kerry Wood.
3. Having him hit 50 at Coors East - but still booing him.:moron
"Sox fans are the worst fans in baseball as evident by their constant heckling of Sammy Sosa."

:ohno
"What about all of the flub fans who booed Patterson, Hundley, and Sosa?"

:moron
"..........gotta go do my radio show!"

soxfan26
12-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Under what circumstances would you have to add a player?

Sorry but...

:threadsucks

A. Cavatica
12-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Jackson. Lowest investment, easiest to cut.

Daver
12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Shoeless Joe.

ilsox7
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Wow. We're really bored as Sox fans these days. :D:

I'll spend my boredom on the churros thread though!

OG4LIFE
12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
i picked jackson, because he wouldnt be in a position to hurt us as much as the other two...

a closer and everyday right fielder can hurt you much more than a part time middle reliever, my logic anyways.

Jjav829
12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Depends on price. If we're assuming their contracts as of last year, Jackson. He's the cheapest and can be stashed away for a rainy day.

If he would come cheaply, I'd say Koch as a mop-up guy.

Under no circumstances would I want Sosa back.

ode to veeck
12-02-2004, 02:31 AM
none of the above

Chicago83
12-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Koch, because he would probably be cheap and I wouldn't mind giving him another chance. I like his attitude, he may have really sucked as a closer, but he wasn't afraid to admit he sucked and when you really look at his stats I think he wouldn't be a bad acquisition for the bullpen. Remember he actually got 8 saves before he started blowing it and his ERA only rose to 5.40, not actually that bad when you look at our pitching staff. He's definetly not a closer, but I think he got a bad rap here and was blamed for problems that were really caused by the lack of a fifth starter. I'm not saying he deserves some big contract, but I don't think he is as bad a pitcher as everyone here makes him out to be.

wdelaney72
12-02-2004, 08:40 AM

Sorry but...

Amen

Baby Fisk
12-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Bo Jackson.

Palehose13
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM

Of course, I want none of them back, but Koch is the least of the three evils.
Yep. What he said.

Tekijawa
12-02-2004, 09:49 AM

Sorry but...

When there is nothing else to talk about... Would you rather I start another "why don't we get Randy Johnson, Carlos Beltran, Edgar Renteria, Nomar, Kent..... Or how about a let's trade Pauly/Garland/Lee Thread?

voodoochile
12-02-2004, 10:49 AM
If they can get the flubbies to eat half or more of ShamME*'s salary and ShamME* agrees to not treat the clubhouse like his own private party every day, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Numbers like that don't come along everyday.

Trade Konerko or Lee for pitching (hopefully Konerko) then have one of Sosa, Lee or Everett play first and the team would have an amazing 3-6 or 2-5 group of hitters and another starter. Who wouldn't want that?

I hated Dennis Rodman too, when the Bulls were able to trade Will "I've got the mobility and range of Pine Tree" Purdue for him, I offered to drive Will to Texas and pick Dennis up...

Sometimes nothing matters but the stats...