PDA

View Full Version : Espn's Gammons reporting RJ to Yankees next week

hosieryofthegods
12-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Apparently Gammons' source in the D-backs is reporting it will happen next week. R.J. for Vasquez, Gordon, and either a minor leaguer from NY or a pitcher from another team. Yeah, I know welcome to last week.:D:

jabrch
12-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Apparently Gammons' source in the D-backs is reporting it will happen next week. R.J. for Vasquez, Gordon, and either a minor leaguer from NY or a pitcher from another team. Yeah, I know welcome to last week.:D:
I'd have to guess that deal will include a tall bundle of cash.

Justafan
12-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I thought the Sox were a lock to land RJ. I said he would end up in NY weeks ago and I am not backing off now. I really didn't go out on a limb, but there were a few on here I had to try and convince.

Same dance, different year.

Justafan
12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
I'd have to guess that deal will include a tall bundle of cash.
I said that cash would be the MAJOR deal maker. I will stand by that as well.

Ol' No. 2
12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Apparently Gammons' source in the D-backs is reporting it will happen next week. R.J. for Vasquez, Gordon, and either a minor leaguer from NY or a pitcher from another team. Yeah, I know welcome to last week.:D:Gordon is a name I haven't heard in this trade before. Hmmmmm. Kenny really liked Tom Gordon. I wonder if there's some way to squeeze into this deal and wind up with Vazquez and Gordon? Might have to give up Konerko and Garland and maybe a prospect. Many possibilities.

Tekijawa
12-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Just like Visquel to the Sox was a done deal too I'm sure... I don't believe anything that guys says

Justafan
12-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Don't worry, to make up for not being a real player for RJ, I fully expect KW to swoop in and steal Garciaparra and Walker away from Hendry and the Cubs.

SoxFanTillDeath
12-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I hate the winter. Rumor after rumor after rumor, than once the spring starts you have the same old sob story every time, and Jose Valentine is still playing short for your team.

SoxxoS
12-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah, OK Peter. I believe it when I see it.

I heard that AROD wasn't going to the Yankees from you too. Jackass.

ode to veeck
12-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I hate the winter. Rumor after rumor after rumor, than once the spring starts you have the same old sob story every time, and Jose Valentine is still playing short for your team.

More importantly, JR and KW are running the show

Justafan
12-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Anyone of us can go on ESPN and make the same prediction. This is actually an easy call that Gammons is making. RJ to the Yankees puts him on a WS contender, which was the only way he would approve a trade.

sircaffey1
12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Gordon is a name I haven't heard in this trade before. Hmmmmm. Kenny really liked Tom Gordon. I wonder if there's some way to squeeze into this deal and wind up with Vazquez and Gordon? Might have to give up Konerko and Garland and maybe a prospect. Many possibilities.

This rumor is from ESPN Insider...

It says the Yanks are the only candidates because they are the only ones who have a starting pitcher that the D-Backs want. Which I guess means that Javy is staying in Arizona.

It also said that it doesn't have to be Gordon. It can be another starting pitcher from another team. I'll just copy and paste....here ya go...

WHO
Randy Johnson

INTERESTED
Yankees
Red Sox
Cardinals
White Sox
Angels

THE SKINNY
Dec. 1 - A source in the Arizona organization tells ESPN's Peter Gammons the Red Sox don't have the starting pitcher the Diamondbacks want, and neither do the Cardinals, leaving the Yankees as the only legitimate suitor for the Big Unit. The same source says Johnson will be traded to New York sometime next week.

Arizona either wants the Yankees to go outside their organization to acquire another starting pitcher to include in the deal or agree to send Tom Gordon along with Javier Vazquez, 3B prospect Eric Duncan and approximately $4 million a year of Vazquez's contract.

Earlier Wednesday, the Providence Journal reported the Red Sox were in discussions with the Diamondbacks about possibly trading right-hander Bronson Arroyo, pitching prospect Jon Lester and at least one other top prospect. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch recently indicated the Cardinals also were still trying to land Johnson, but GM Walt Jocketty won't package Danny Haren, Rick Ankiel and Kiko Calero to get it done.

Johnson, who wants to play for a contender, is due $16 million next year and likely would demand an extension past 2005 in order to waive his no-trade clause. If the Diamondbacks can't trade or choose not to trade Johnson, he will honor the final year of his contract.

Justafan
12-01-2004, 01:53 PM
At least Ordonez will be back. Oh, I forgot. He is a cancer and a bad guy for screwing the Sox.

Lip Man 1
12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
I guess Kenny will have to try plan B...or C....or is it D? (what happens when he runs out of letters?)

Lip

munchman33
12-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh, I forgot. He is a cancer and a bad guy for screwing the Sox.
That shouldn't be in teal. He is screwing the sox. But not submitting to any medical exams before the arbitration deadline, he's assurred that the White Sox cannot resign him. Why doesn't anyone understand that?

And don't give me the argument that he's just looking out for himself. Most jerks do.

santo=dorf
12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I guess Kenny will have to try plan B...or C....or is it D? (what happens when he runs out of letters?)

Lip
They simply go to double letters: AA, BB, etc.

:reinsy
"A first class organization is always prepared for these kind of things Lip."

munchman33
12-01-2004, 05:58 PM

LipLeave the team as is.

:KW

"That was plan A all along!"

:reinsy

"I like the way you think!"