PDA

View Full Version : 80% of Mets Staff not interested in Sosa

WhiteSoxFan84
12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
The Score is reporting that out of 10 New York Met head staff members, only 2 want to make a trade for Sammy Sosa and they are Omar Minaya and Sandy Johnson, probably the only two that really matter. I have no idea why Minaya wants Sosa, but he sure as hell won't give up on the idea. I guess he needs someone to take Mo Vaughn's spot on the payroll.

gosox41
12-01-2004, 02:00 PM
The Score is reporting that out of 10 New York Met head staff members, only 2 want to make a trade for Sammy Sosa and they are Omar Minaya and Sandy Johnson, probably the only two that really matter. I have no idea why Minaya wants Sosa, but he sure as hell won't give up on the idea. I guess he needs someone to take Mo Vaughn's spot on the payroll.
There's a reason the Mets had such a high payroll and such a lousy season last year. Minaya maybe new, but he is obviously just as stupid as previous management.

I don't get a GM's love affair with an aging, injury prone, cheating, lying, selfish, declining, expensive ballplayer.

If Minaya wants him so bad, wait a year and get him for nothing. No way will the Cubs exercise his 2006 option and no way will they offer him arbitration. Unless Sosa juices it up in 2005 and has a mnster year, he can probably be had for $5 mill per season in 2006.

Bob

jake27
12-01-2004, 08:07 PM
why would even 20% want sosa?:?: