PDA

View Full Version : Boston interested in the Big Unit.

santo=dorf
12-01-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm really getting sick of the Yankees and Red Sox doing this **** year after year. :angry:

The Red Sox and Diamondbacks have held numerous discussions involving Randy Johnson in the last five days, the Providence Journal reports.
This just keeps getting more interesting. It's been reported in the past that Johnson, who doesn't have a great relationship with Curt Schilling, had little interest in pitching for Boston. Whether that still holds true now is anyone's guess. The Red Sox could entice the Diamondbacks with an offer of Bronson Arroyo, lefty Jon Lester and another prospect for Johnson. That may not sound as attractive as a package built around Javier Vazquez, but it would be far cheaper for Arizona, allowing the team to bring in a couple of costly free agents.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB

Lip Man 1
12-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Dorf:

They want to win and are willing to pay for it. That's the American way. I assume you are saying this in reference to being a Sox fan. The only answer I can give you is to hope for new ownership....maybe that will change things.

Lip

wdelaney72
12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
I only see this if Pedro goes elsewhere.