PDA

View Full Version : White Sox interested in Jermaine Dye...

Jabroni
11-30-2004, 05:09 PM
White Sox | Dye Drawing Interest - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:39:32 -0800

The Chicago Tribune reports the Chicago White Sox are considering free agent OF Jermaine Dye (Oakland Athletics) a candidate to replace free agent OF Magglio Ordonez (Chicago White Sox).

DaveIsHere
11-30-2004, 05:10 PM
OK, 3 threads about Dye, then Clement and Wright, I bet we get none of them. The only Wright we will have is Danny Wright, and the only Dye we will have is the stuff on our t-shirts.

mweflen
11-30-2004, 05:18 PM
where's that "welcome to last week" graphic when you need it?

Unregistered
11-30-2004, 05:43 PM
where's that "welcome to last week" graphic when you need it? I'll do anything that doesn't involve me actually doing my own work... :D:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2259

santo=dorf
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
http://www.picdump.org/albums/forum/welcome_to_last_week.jpg

Jabroni
11-30-2004, 05:50 PM
You guys are a bunch of jag-bags! :angry:

Foulke You
11-30-2004, 06:01 PM
You guys are a bunch of jag-bags! :angry:I hear ya Jabroni.

I've said this quite a few times in the past few weeks but here goes again...the attitude of some of my fellow WSI-ers never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

What do you gain by berating someone from posting an article or information tidbit here? Nothing. What can you lose? Well, perhaps next time Jabroni finds an interesting article that nobody has read on these boards and then he never posts it for fear that he'll get a bunch of smartass responses from you guys.

Keep right on posting articles Jabroni...even though I heard we might have interest in Dye, it lends more credence to the rumors if more news outlets are printing it. Besides, exactly WHAT ELSE do you guys want to talk about in the Sox Clubhouse during the offseason? Perhaps another thread on why we should have green seats in the ballpark? The saturated fat contact of the churros, perhaps?

Jabroni
11-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I hear ya Jabroni.

I've said this quite a few times in the past few weeks but here goes again...the attitude of some of my fellow WSI-ers never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

What do you gain by berating someone from posting an article or information tidbit here? Nothing. What can you lose? Well, perhaps next time Jabroni finds an interesting article that nobody has read on these boards and then he never posts it for fear that he'll get a bunch of smartass responses from you guys.

Keep right on posting articles Jabroni...even though I heard we might have interest in Dye, it lends more credence to the rumors if more news outlets are printing it. Besides, exactly WHAT ELSE do you guys want to talk about in the Sox Clubhouse during the offseason? Perhaps another thread on why we should have green seats in the ballpark? The saturated fat contact of the churros, perhaps?Thanks. The reason I posted the blurb is because it was from yesterday.

Ol' No. 2
11-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I hear ya Jabroni.

Keep right on posting articles Jabroni...even though I heard we might have interest in Dye, it lends more credence to the rumors if more news outlets are printing it. Besides, exactly WHAT ELSE do you guys want to talk about in the Sox Clubhouse during the offseason? Perhaps another thread on why we should have green seats in the ballpark? The saturated fat contact of the churros, perhaps?No. We need more posts about cheap and stupid.

DaveIsHere
11-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Sorry my post should have been in blazing red, sorry I always talk negative about things that I am hopeful for. It would be one hell of an offseason to get dye, clement, and wright, and maybe some bullpen help.....NOW THAT WOULD RULE!!!

oldcomiskey
12-01-2004, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=Foulke You]I hear ya Jabroni.

you know what I think it is---and I aint saying this to be mean spirited---but there are people who post here every day and some people are naturally testy... but yes by all means keep posting--I dont care if its been posted a million times--somebody might have missed it before

eshunn2001
12-01-2004, 10:39 AM
No. We need more posts about cheap and stupid.I agree. I mean, have you guys noticed how cheap JR is?? I mean seriously. And that KW guy, man is he stupid. Remember that Wells/ Fogg trade for Todd Ritchie. :angry:

mweflen
12-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Some folks just have no sense of humor. :whiner: I think the "welcome to last week" picture is funny. I'd think it were funny if someone posted it to a thread I started. Lord knows I can harp on about an issue until it's the deadest of horses (cough- ticket prices - cough cough)

Ol No. 2 - I think JR and KW are cheap and stupid for allowing the Churros to be so dry. I am certain if they just made them a little jucier and gooier in the center, the Sox would break 30,000 per game in attendance.

I bet they'll be reducing the filling content and raising prices again in 2005. Cheap and Stupid....

:reinsy "We'd fill the churros to capacity if people just showed up... Doesn't everyone know that this has always been a Wrigley Field Soft Pretzel town?"

:KW "I think we should trade all of our uncooked churro ingredients for some veteran hot dogs. Sure, they may be a little past the expiration date, but we need that kind of solidity on our concession squad."

Frater Perdurabo
12-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Some folks just have no sense of humor. :whiner: I think the "welcome to last week" picture is funny. I'd think it were funny if someone posted it to a thread I started. Lord knows I can harp on about an issue until it's the deadest of horses (cough- ticket prices - cough cough)

Ol No. 2 - I think JR and KW are cheap and stupid for allowing the Churros to be so dry. I am certain if they just made them a little jucier and gooier in the center, the Sox would break 30,000 per game in attendance.

I bet they'll be reducing the filling content and raising prices again in 2005. Cheap and Stupid....

:reinsy "We'd fill the churros to capacity if people just showed up... Doesn't everyone know that this has always been a Wrigley Field Soft Pretzel town?"

:KW "I think we should trade all of our uncooked churro ingredients for some veteran hot dogs. Sure, they may be a little past the expiration date, but we need that kind of solidity on our concession squad."

Maybe we just need to throw some tomatoes. Come to think of it, low-fat tomato churros might not be a bad idea.

Foulke You
12-01-2004, 12:57 PM

mweflen, message boards sometimes makes it difficult to tell the tone of someone or if they are joking. I took the "welcome to last week" pix the same way as Jabroni did, as an insult to make him feel stupid for posting something similar to the week before. Even though this wasn't your intention, it came across that way. I don't mean to be the "play nice" police either and I'm not a moderator but I have been posting on WSI since the Rivals.com days and I wouldn't want newer members to feel unwelcome for posting things that have been posted before or talked about before.

munchman33
12-01-2004, 01:00 PM
mweflen, message boards sometimes makes it difficult to tell the tone of someone or if they are joking. I took the "welcome to last week" pix the same way as Jabroni did, as an insult to make him feel stupid for posting something similar to the week before. Even though this wasn't your intention, it came across that way. I don't mean to be the "play nice" police either and I'm not a moderator but I have been posting on WSI since the Rivals.com days and I wouldn't want newer members to feel unwelcome for posting things that have been posted before or talked about before.
Well, for Jabroni and all the other newbies out there, there are a lot of jokers on these boards. In fact, most of the people here are. So get used to it. Fool (in a funny tone). :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Maybe it's time to review Michelle's posting rules (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf).

:)

mweflen
12-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Number one, Sox fans are some of the most bitter and sarcastic fans around. I wouldn't have it any other way personally, the whole "Dusty Love" BS machine just makes me want to retch. Having so thin a skin is just not conducive to Sox Fan mental health (being precarious enough as it is).

Two, I think it's pretty obvious based on the pictures that it is all in jest. You've got a dorky looking guy in a funny pose saying something relatively innocuous. For instance, I could have said "Jabroni, you're an idiot for posting this, you big idiot." (Let me just point out that that WAS in jest.) Now that is a clearly and redundantly phrased expression of the opinion that Jabroni is an idiot for posting this. But that's not what I posted, nor is it what is displayed in the pictures. I find it amusing, if not a little tiresome, to see six threads about the same rumor. (multiply that by 10 or 20 rumors, and you have a whole forums' worth of redundant posts.) It's amusing inasmuch as it reflects the irony of fans having so little information yet retaining such an ardent fervor.

Three, I applaud Jabroni for finding and linking an article. It's more than most people do when they post.

So there. "Jag bags" of the world unite! Oh wait, all 10,000 of us already have, at Comiskey Park...:gulp:

Foulke You
12-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Number one, Sox fans are some of the most bitter and sarcastic fans around. I wouldn't have it any other way personally, the whole "Dusty Love" BS machine just makes me want to retch. Having so thin a skin is just not conducive to Sox Fan mental health (being precarious enough as it is).

Two, I think it's pretty obvious based on the pictures that it is all in jest. You've got a dorky looking guy in a funny pose saying something relatively innocuous. For instance, I could have said "Jabroni, you're an idiot for posting this, you big idiot." (Let me just point out that that WAS in jest.) Now that is a clearly and redundantly phrased expression of the opinion that Jabroni is an idiot for posting this. But that's not what I posted, nor is it what is displayed in the pictures. I find it amusing, if not a little tiresome, to see six threads about the same rumor. (multiply that by 10 or 20 rumors, and you have a whole forums' worth of redundant posts.) It's amusing inasmuch as it reflects the irony of fans having so little information yet retaining such an ardent fervor.

Three, I applaud Jabroni for finding and linking an article. It's more than most people do when they post.

So there. "Jag bags" of the world unite! Oh wait, all 10,000 of us already have, at Comiskey Park...:gulp: Hey, I like the fact that this site has some "bite" to it. I'm all for the passionate baseball discussions that happen on our site. The "duplicate article flaming" is just something I've noticed in the last couple months where people have been getting attacked for posting something twice and it has annoyed the hell out of me. I wouldn't call someone "thin skinned" because they don't enjoy being made to look stupid. I would call that person someone who probably expects a little common courtesy. However, I seem to be in the minority here because I haven't gotten a lot of support on this thread. (My churro remark created a thread within a thread:D: )

Duplicate threads or similar threads may be tiresome to the regulars like us but cut people some slack, not everyone has time to read the site 3 times a day. If some of you guys would have stopped to read the article that Jabroni posted instead of heaping a dose of "welcome to last week" sarcasm on him, you would have noticed that it was an additional news source lending further credibility to the Jermaine Dye rumors, therefore worthy of being posted in the ongoing hot stove talks. Common courtesy...that's all I'm sayin':cool:

Now, I will get off my soapbox and let this thread return to the Churro discussion. Personally, I believe you can't go wrong with the Bavarian Creme filled ones. This also would have to effect the saturated fat content, wouldn't you think?:D:

soxwon
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I got a great idea!!

If we get Jermaine we could start a fan club called
THE DYE HARDS!!!!

Hangar18
12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
You guys are a bunch of jag-bags! :angry:
Jabroni, and Foulke You, dont even sweat it, its mostly in good
clean, south-side fun. :cool:

chisoxmike
12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
I agree. What makes all of us Sox fans is the way we carry ourselves through managements bone-head ways, the players not playing well, and just the team not making it to the playoffs. We've NEVER SEEN THIS TEAM WIN A WORLD SERIES! Year after year we watch as teams win them (Marlins, Yankees, Diamondbacks, Angles, and Red Sox) and get more and more bitter about it. When people ask me why I get so mad over a White Sox game I respond by saying "Because its in my blood. I have invested time, money, stress, and energy into this team and there never seems to have a big payoff." I think we all feel this way in one way. Sox fans hate losing. We never find a bright spot. We'll never say "Yeah they lost, but man, it was great to sit out in the stands, have a beer and see our team get their brains beaten in." No. Never. When people ask me why the Sox dont make the playoffs I say "Becuase we have bad management and players that dont live up to their talent levels." Some our turned off by such a statement, some say "Wait until next year." Then I know why they ask such questions.

SomebodyToldMe
12-01-2004, 06:16 PM
I got a great idea!!

If we get Jermaine we could start a fan club called
THE DYE HARDS!!!!
HI-YO!