PDA

View Full Version : Sox & Indians finalists for Clement?

WhiteSoxFan84
11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
If the White Sox really want free agent Matt Clement, they better get moving. Division rival Cleveland, which finished only three games behind the Sox, is very hot on Clement's trail and is after many of the same starters the Sox have targeted. That's from SI.com via the Arlington Heights Daily Herald.

AL Central should be really interesting next year. If KW doesn't start making major moves, we may finish 4th if not 5th next year.

soltrain21
11-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't mind having Honest Abe, espically if it means keeping him away from the Tribe.

Do our forefathers even like Indians?

SEALgep
11-30-2004, 04:08 PM
That's from SI.com via the Arlington Heights Daily Herald.

AL Central should be really interesting next year. If KW doesn't start making major moves, we may finish 4th if not 5th next year.:rolleyes: Fifth? Besides, we probably aren't going to make any major signings or trades until the Dec. 10th meetings start, just as most teams.

StockdaleForVeep
11-30-2004, 04:14 PM
ha clement would fit in on the southside, we wont have to wear fake goatees, we can grow em and go to work with em

JUribe1989
11-30-2004, 04:35 PM
ha clement would fit in on the southside, we wont have to wear fake goatees, we can grow em and go to work with em
Nicely said

Chisox_cali
11-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Sadly I would have to wear the fake one. I don't have the ability to grow any facial hair whatsoever.

Though if I wore around SoCal when the Sox weren't here, it would probably be a tad askew...

Jabroni
11-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Sadly I would have to wear the fake one. I don't have the ability to grow any facial hair whatsoever.Scary! :?: :o: :tongue:

Foulke You
11-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Amen brother!

Also, Sox fans would never hop on board with something as retarded as those fake beards were. You would have thought Cubs fans never saw a player with facial hair before. I didn't see anyone walking around Comiskey Park with fake sideburns during Rocky Biddle's time here or fake soul patches for Billy Koch.

When Clement does sign with someone besides the Cubs, tears and crying from the street venders who peddled the .01 cent fake beards to the Wrigley sheep for $5 will be heard.

FightingBillini
11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
you pansies would grow goatees if a sox pitcher had one!
SOX SUCK!
get a life!
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Jabroni
11-30-2004, 08:03 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:INDEED.

fquaye149
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
SOX SUCK!
get a life!
how did he get 350 posts?

jabrch
11-30-2004, 08:14 PM
how did he get 350 posts?

He's been on my ignore list nearly since I got here....

maurice
11-30-2004, 09:27 PM

Clearly no Sox pitcher ever has worn a goatee.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4100.jpg :eloaiza: :JB:kelly :XL
:osuna :rwhite: :simas :tgordon: :wright

JoseCanseco6969
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
sorry, i have no idea who was using my computer but i didnt say that. I think it was one of my ******* cub fan roomates. sorry everyone

MUsoxfan
12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
sorry, i have no idea who was using my computer but i didnt say that. I think it was one of my ******* cub fan roomates. sorry everyone

I know how that goes

JoseCanseco6969
12-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I know how that goes
thanks for understandin, im gonna have to start locking my door everytime i go out
But yeah i guess i should actually reply to the topic, i wouldnt mind getting clement at the right price, but i sure as hell dont want the tribe getting him.

longshot7
12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
split personality?

JoseCanseco6969
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
split personality?
yeah its possible I might be like the dude in fight club and not know it yet

StillMissOzzie
12-02-2004, 02:04 PM
thanks for understandin, im gonna have to start locking my door everytime i go out
But yeah i guess i should actually reply to the topic, i wouldnt mind getting clement at the right price, but i sure as hell dont want the tribe getting him.
According to ESPN.com, Clement is asking of 3 years/$24M, and I don't think the Sox will go that high.

SMO
:gulp:

Justafan
12-02-2004, 02:16 PM
According to ESPN.com, Clement is asking of 3 years/$24M, and I don't think the Sox will go that high.

SMO
:gulp:
The Indians will give it to him. They think they are serious players(and they are)to win the Central next year. If they solidify their staff they might just be the favorites.

Dolanski
12-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Clement, according to my Cub fan roommate, had the nastiest stuff on the Cubs staff. For once, I am actually in agreement with people's wish list for the Sox (No Omar, No Derek BLowe). His record doesn't show it but his k/9 inning (9.45) and opp. BA was .229. Sounds like elite power pitcher type numbers to me and he will come cheap compared to Randy and BLowe.

jabrch
12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
oh - sorry then...he must have done it before - cuz for some reason you have been on my block list for a while.

jabrch
12-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Clement, according to my Cub fan roommate, had the nastiest stuff on the Cubs staff. For once, I am actually in agreement with people's wish list for the Sox (No Omar, No Derek BLowe). His record doesn't show it but his k/9 inning (9.45) and opp. BA was .229. Sounds like elite power pitcher type numbers to me and he will come cheap compared to Randy and BLowe.
I'm not opposed to him - just look at his 1st/2nd half splits

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Amen brother!

Also, Sox fans would never hop on board with something as retarded as those fake beards were. You would have thought Cubs fans never saw a player with facial hair before. I didn't see anyone walking around Comiskey Park with fake sideburns during Rocky Biddle's time here or fake soul patches for Billy Koch.

When Clement does sign with someone besides the Cubs, tears and crying from the street venders who peddled the .01 cent fake beards to the Wrigley sheep for $5 will be heard.
Only bandwagon id join is if randy wolf wolf pack or the vincente padilla floatilla comes to the left field upper deck.

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Clearly no Sox pitcher ever has worn a goatee.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4100.jpg :eloaiza: :JB:kelly :XL
:osuna :rwhite: :simas :tgordon: :wright

Rick white was a pitcher?

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2004, 02:56 PM
He also has the worst mindset in games. Him and Wood are almost identical in the sense they fall apart.....they can be cruising thru 6 innings then 1 bloop happens and then they start throwing wild\hitting batters\walking. I wouldnt want either on the sox

Shingotime!!
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Um yeah, Clement shaved after the 2004 season when his wife had a baby, something about not wanting the baby to see him like that or something........

wdelaney72
12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
He also has the worst mindset in games. Him and Wood are almost identical in the sense they fall apart.....they can be cruising thru 6 innings then 1 bloop happens and then they start throwing wild\hitting batters\walking. I wouldnt want either on the sox
I think that's being a bit harsh. Jon Garland falls apart with more ease than Kerry Wood and Matt Clement combined, not to mention the mental toughness of Contreras.

Let's try and put the Cub bias aside. Matt Clement is a VERY GOOD starting pitcher. Say what you want, he's an upgrade over Garland and Contreras. $8 million a year is a lot of money, but it would be money well spent, and if we don't do it, Cleveland will. I think Clement at $8 million per year is more justified than Contreras is and the $6 million per year we're paying him.

Clement, Pavano, Pedro, and the other FA pitchers are going to sign lucrative contracts. I think Lieber is a smarter choise for the White Sox (He's cheaper and we'd maybe only have to sign him to 2 years + option), but I'd also be pretty damn happy if Clement was pitching at the Cell over the next three years.

The buzz with the Indians is very well justified. They already have a SOLID lineup. If they sign 2 quality FA pitchers this winter as it's being rumored, they will be very tough to beat in 2005.

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2004, 06:26 PM
I think that's being a bit harsh. Jon Garland falls apart with more ease than Kerry Wood and Matt Clement combined, not to mention the mental toughness of Contreras.

Let's try and put the Cub bias aside. Matt Clement is a VERY GOOD starting pitcher. Say what you want, he's an upgrade over Garland and Contreras. $8 million a year is a lot of money, but it would be money well spent, and if we don't do it, Cleveland will. I think Clement at $8 million per year is more justified than Contreras is and the $6 million per year we're paying him.

Clement, Pavano, Pedro, and the other FA pitchers are going to sign lucrative contracts. I think Lieber is a smarter choise for the White Sox (He's cheaper and we'd maybe only have to sign him to 2 years + option), but I'd also be pretty damn happy if Clement was pitching at the Cell over the next three years.

The buzz with the Indians is very well justified. They already have a SOLID lineup. If they sign 2 quality FA pitchers this winter as it's being rumored, they will be very tough to beat in 2005.
Nothing to do with bias, clement was the same before the cubs, watch the games, he can be pitchin gems for 5-7 innings then if he gives up a hit and has a runner on base, he completely falls to pieces.

batmanZoSo
12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
It's also a distinct possibility that you are a moron.

Foulke29
12-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Rick white was a pitcher?
Rick White played professional baseball?

JoseCanseco6969
12-03-2004, 01:42 AM
yeah nice one buddy, im a moron....wow i really have nothing to respond to that excellent burn, congrats!

Procol Harum
12-03-2004, 10:15 AM
After watching this Sox regime in action the last few years I think we can count on Clement wearing Chief Wahoo on his cap for the next 3-4 years. The Sox don't put out the big bucks for hardly anyone, and they sure won't do it for a pitcher. I hope I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind seeing Clement on the South Side and I sure don't want him pitching for the Tribe.

munchman33
12-03-2004, 10:31 AM
After watching this Sox regime in action the last few years I think we can count on Clement wearing Chief Wahoo on his cap for the next 3-4 years. The Sox don't put out the big bucks for hardly anyone, and they sure won't do it for a pitcher. I hope I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind seeing Clement on the South Side and I sure don't want him pitching for the Tribe.
Mark my words. Matt Clement will be pitching in Toronto next year.

wdelaney72
12-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Mark my words. Matt Clement will be pitching in Toronto next year.
I don't want him pitching in Toronto either.

The truth is, Cleveland has re-tooled very nicely and will aggressively sign possibly 2 of the top tier pitching FA. If that happens and we don't improve our SP with the Big Unit or one of the other stud SP, we'll be eating Cleveland's dust. They already have 2 quality SP in Sabathia and Cliff Lee, add 2 more to that and their highly productive offense and you have a very nice team.

johnny_mostil
12-05-2004, 08:15 AM
That's from SI.com via the Arlington Heights Daily Herald.

AL Central should be really interesting next year. If KW doesn't start making major moves, we may finish 4th if not 5th next year.
Oh, come on. Typical White Sox fan. The team is always sliding toward 100 losses.

The team won 83 games last year with the same roster comp they have now. The Tigers and Indians aren't going to make up as much ground as they did last year because it's hard to do it. The Royals are a hopeless mess. It's not that bad.

Hangar18
12-05-2004, 02:47 PM
The Indians will give it to him. They think they are serious players(and they are)to win the Central next year. If they solidify their staff they might just be the favorites.
Thats funny isnt it? The Indians FILL THEIR HOLES AND PURSUE FREE AGENTS TO FILL SAID HOLES, while the WHITE SOX CREATE HOLES and IGNORE FREE AGENTS THAT COULD FILL THEIR HOLES. based on this assumption, I wonder which team has the best chance to finish Ahead of the other? The Indians
have the potential to be a Scarey team this season. They remind me of the
1990 White Sox, MINUS the Rein$dorf Ideology. *sighs*

soltrain21
12-05-2004, 02:52 PM
They still don't have a bullpen.

Chicago83
12-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Thats funny isnt it? The Indians FILL THEIR HOLES AND PURSUE FREE AGENTS TO FILL SAID HOLES, while the WHITE SOX CREATE HOLES and IGNORE FREE AGENTS THAT COULD FILL THEIR HOLES. based on this assumption, I wonder which team has the best chance to finish Ahead of the other? The Indians
have the potential to be a Scarey team this season. They remind me of the
1990 White Sox, MINUS the Rein$dorf Ideology. *sighs*
Neither teams have done anything yet this offseason, so just wait before you start badmouthing the sox. Like Soltrain said they still have no bullpen and unless they make a move they will have a very weak pitching staff. The only reason to believe Cleveland is going anywhere is because of their offense, which is led by a bunch of unproven young players who may or may not come back as good next year. So just chill out before you get all negative about the sox. At least wait until the off-season is over, then you will have plenty of time to worry. As of right now, I look at the roster and can say we have the best team in the Central. Of course I could have said that last year and look where it got us.

Hangar18
12-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Neither teams have done anything yet this offseason, so just wait before you start badmouthing the sox. Like Soltrain said they still have no bullpen and unless they make a move they will have a very weak pitching staff. The only reason to believe Cleveland is going anywhere is because of their offense, which is led by a bunch of unproven young players who may or may not come back as good next year. So just chill out before you get all negative about the sox. At least wait until the off-season is over, then you will have plenty of time to worry. As of right now, I look at the roster and can say we have the best team in the Central. Of course I could have said that last year and look where it got us.

Fine i'll wait. but if the SOX pull yet another "were broke" .............

johnny_mostil
12-05-2004, 03:18 PM
The Indians
have the potential to be a Scarey team this season.
They also have the potential to crash and burn. They might be breaking in an all-new new keystone combo, they have no bullpen, and no pitching depth. 2004 is not forever, and a lot of that sudden improvement could just evaporate, too. Beware of teams that take big strides forward, they usually fall back, because a lot of times it's just luck. Same for the Tigers. And the Indians are "filling their holes" with some pretty questionable folks...

chisoxmike
12-05-2004, 04:34 PM
The Twins still scare me, so do the Tigers and Indians. Do you people mean to tell me that the Indians won't be better in 2005? The Tigers still dont have pitching, BUT THE SOX CAN'T BEAT THE TWINS, INDIANS, AND TIGERS ANYWAY!!!

Until this team decides they want to be a winner and will go out, spend a bit more cash to fill their holes, they won't win. I'm not asking for a $100 million payroll, I'm not asking for Beltran. I'm tired of the "be happy with what you have." I'm not becuase we haven't won anyting with what we have. Waiting for lighting in a bottle doesn't work. This team needs pitching more than anything. Why can't the White Sox parade Carl Pavano around town, why cant they at least talk to Pedro. Show us that you want to win, and are at least trying! Every offseason is more and more frusturataing as the last.

duke of dorwood
12-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Or Gollum

jabrch
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Neither teams have done anything yet this offseason, so just wait before you start badmouthing the sox.

Too late...by probably 5890 posts.

pearso66
12-05-2004, 11:48 PM
The Twins still scare me, so do the Tigers and Indians. Do you people mean to tell me that the Indians won't be better in 2005? The Tigers still dont have pitching, BUT THE SOX CAN'T BEAT THE TWINS, INDIANS, AND TIGERS ANYWAY!!!

Until this team decides they want to be a winner and will go out, spend a bit more cash to fill their holes, they won't win. I'm not asking for a $100 million payroll, I'm not asking for Beltran. I'm tired of the "be happy with what you have." I'm not becuase we haven't won anyting with what we have. Waiting for lighting in a bottle doesn't work. This team needs pitching more than anything. Why can't the White Sox parade Carl Pavano around town, why cant they at least talk to Pedro. Show us that you want to win, and are at least trying! Every offseason is more and more frusturataing as the last.
You mean Carl Pavano who had 1 good year and is gonna probably get around $12 mil a year? no thanks, and Pedro Martinez who is in the decline in his career and wants about $13-$15, No thanks again

Ol' No. 2
12-06-2004, 01:23 PM
You mean Carl Pavano who had 1 good year and is gonna probably get around $12 mil a year? no thanks, and Pedro Martinez who is in the decline in his career and wants about $13-$15, No thanks againIf Kenny doesn't go out and sign Sidney Ponson, it will show me that he just doesn't care about winning. Oh wait. That was last year. How'd that work out, anyway?

basilesox
12-06-2004, 01:41 PM

You dude.........that is totally out of line. If you read Canseco's posts it is obvious he is not a cub fan. He also seems to have good taste in teams being a Husky fan and all......

Go Huskies!