PDA

View Full Version : New Info Dish Network / Comcast - Chi.

Lip Man 1
11-25-2004, 02:48 AM
I noticed this Wednesday night 11/24:

I have Dish Network and on the channel space that currently belongs to Fox Net Chicago they have posted this message on the information button. The message says that Dish Network will remove Fox Sports Chicago from their lineup as of 11/29/04. Comcast Network Chicago will replace it on 4/1/05.

Normally that four month gap would be bad news but considering the state of the Bulls and the Lackhawks, Chicago fans who get Dish Network really aren't missing much at all!

Lip

hose
11-25-2004, 08:45 AM

I have Dish Network and on the channel space that currently belongs to Fox Net Chicago they have posted this message on the information button. The message says that Dish Network will remove Fox Sports Chicago from their lineup as of 11/29/04. Comcast Network Chicago will replace it on 4/1/05.

Normally that four month gap would be bad news but considering the state of the Bulls and the Lackhawks, Chicago fans who get Dish Network really aren't missing much at all!

Lip

One more reason to give thanks today, no more Tom Arnold.

OzzieBall2004
11-26-2004, 03:15 PM

Lip

Personally, Im pretty pissed about it. April? The Bulls suck, but I still want to watch the games. If the Sox sucked, I would still be pissed if I couldnt watch their games. Its just Dish Network being cheap and holding off on paying for Comcast for 5 months. Plus, they know the Bulls suck and the Hawks dont have a chance to suck this season. If they tried this during a baseball season the phones would be exploding.
:angry:

Lip Man 1
11-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Ozzie:

Which is why they are picking it up April 1st isn't it?

Lip

Kuzman
11-26-2004, 10:50 PM
lol i work for Dish Network and I have to explain this to customers who are about the fox sports net and the confusion of the new comcast channel

OzzieBall2004
11-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Ozzie:

Which is why they are picking it up April 1st isn't it?

Lip

Yeah...that was my point...but that doesnt make it ok....theyre still being cheap and cheating their subscribers.

Medford Bobby
11-30-2004, 01:22 PM
:whiner: Ditto to the Dish Net being cheap...It would have been nice to see the daily sports news shows when there is any Sox news.......:(: and I would think they would cover SOXFEST as FoxSports did........but to wait until April 1st......no spring games to watch pregame shows??????????

Also just got home...Tucson was fantastic......wish I was still living there..:bandance:

JKryl
11-30-2004, 04:54 PM
lol i work for Dish Network and I have to explain this to customers who are about the fox sports net and the confusion of the new comcast channel
Kuz, do you have any idea whether or not any of this will be available on RCN? In other words, will RCN be paying into Comcast for broadcast rights, or will Comcast even let them?

rcsoxfan
12-05-2004, 08:24 AM
all i want to know is if dish network has a full agreement with csn to carry the sox to all the areas designated by major league baseball as a tv market for the sox. when fsn chicago had the sox, they would n't carry them outside the chicago land area because rainbow communications and dish couldn't get together. with the change i hope that the sox will be available to me down here in southern indiana.

since mlb carved up the fan base outside of major League cities like beef, we can only get games from designated markets. we fall in the cardinals, reds, cubs, and sox and royals.
but we only get cardinals and reds on dish since the agreement with fsn wasn't with rainbow which was a part owner in fsn. and since we were in the desginated market for the sox, we couldn't get them on extra innings. i hope to god that somebody can tell me now, before next april so i'll know whether or not to buy a blunt object now or wait until after christmas.
if anyone has a clue please let me know.