PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Todd Walker a match?

Jjav829
11-24-2004, 05:37 PM
George Ofman talked to Todd Walker and reports that Walker's first option is to return to the Cubs. However, the Cubs don't seem too interested in re-signing him. Ofman reports that Walker says 6 other teams have shown interest and the White Sox are one of them. Walker also called the Sox a playoff team. The Cubs reportedly will not offer Walker arbitration. So I have to wonder, might we Todd Walker sign with the Sox after Dec. 7?

He doesn't exactly fit in with the Sox new attitude toward defense. I've always liked Walker though. He fits KW's grinder mentality and the guy has a grudge against the Twins. He could be a nice Twinkie killer.

Chrisaway
11-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Sounds right up the sox alley. A mediocre glove and decent bat.

FightingBillini
11-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Sounds right up the sox alley. A mediocre glove and decent bat.:reinsy
"Ummm, yeah. Todd, I like the cut of your jib. You are just the type of middle infielder we are looking for. We want to sign you, but you are gonna have to drop your batting average at least 70 points. Just swing for the fences more. Oh yeah, we need you to grow a moustache, too."

Palehose13
11-24-2004, 06:59 PM
"...Oh yeah, we need you to grow a moustache, too."
Yes! Facial hair is mandatory, escept for Frank...he's grandfathered in.

batmanZoSo
11-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Yes! Facial hair is mandatory, escept for Frank...he's grandfathered in.
The ol' grandfather clause...
http://www.doheth.co.uk/profiles/abe.gif

fquaye149
11-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Sounds right up the sox alley. A mediocre glove and decent bat.

yeah but if we end up NOT signing him, imagine the whining that will go on on this board.

jabrch
11-25-2004, 12:54 PM
yeah but if we end up NOT signing him, imagine the whining that will go on on this board.

imagine the whining that will go on if we DO sign him?

Lip Man 1
11-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Imagine the whining that Jabrch will do regardless of what the Sox do with Walker!

Lip

Hangar18
11-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Imagine the whining that Jabrch will do regardless of what the Sox do with Walker!

Lip
Todd Walker SHOULDVE been signed Last Year ............. enuff said.

guillen4life13
11-27-2004, 06:22 PM

Lip
Imagine the whining that you will do regardless of anything.

:redneck

OzzieBall2004
11-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I think he'd be a great bat off the bench, or as part of an infield platoon. I think the original figures I heard were 4 million over 2 years. Sounds like a bargain to me if thats the case.

guillen4life13
11-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I think he'd be a great bat off the bench, or as part of an infield platoon. I think the original figures I heard were 4 million over 2 years. Sounds like a bargain to me if thats the case.
If he's that cheap, I'd jump on it. Regardless of what anyone says, I firmly believe that defense<offense. As long as you're alright at your position defensively, but have a good bat, it's fine... especially at 2mil/year

Chrisaway
11-28-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm indifferent on Todd Walker. I'd be happy if we got him cheap cause he would help the team. On the other hand, I wont lose any sleep if we dont.

SEALgep
11-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Imagine the whining that you will do regardless of anything.

:redneck Before posting, it looks as if you accidently hit the teal button.

guillen4life13
11-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Before posting, it looks as if you accidentally hit the teal button.
Eh... I didn't want to come off as offensive, so the teal was there for the reason. I do pretty much mean what I said.

SOXSINCE'70
11-28-2004, 05:01 PM

LipIt is the right of anyone who has watched the manure that passes
for "White Sox Baseball" to bitch,cry and/or whine.After 88 years
without a championship,that's all a Sox fan has left.:D: :cool: