PDA

View Full Version : Wickman re-signs with Injuns

JRIG
11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
So says the Associated Press:

The Cleveland Indians today signed free agent closer Bob Wickman to a one-year deal, two months after the club declined to pick up his five (m) million-dollar option. Terms of the deal weren't immediately available. Wickman made six-point-three (m) million dollars last year in his fourth season with Cleveland.

Silly Maggs
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Moderators: Could you possibly lock this thread before it gets out of hand. I find the term "Injuns" offensive and racist as I have Native American ancestors. Thank you in advance.

southsider17
11-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Moderators: Could you possibly lock this thread before it gets out of hand. I find the term "Injuns" offensive and racist as I have Native American ancestors. Thank you in advance.
I find the use of the vulgar term "screw" in your screen moniker offensive. Please, give me a break!

:whatever:

Silly Maggs
11-24-2004, 12:31 PM
I find the use of the vulgar term "screw" in your screen moniker offensive. Please, give me a break!

The word "screw" is not an ethnic slur. I was hoping that in the year 2004 we were past using derogatory language.

Soxzilla
11-24-2004, 12:48 PM

Can someone edit this post and put it entirely in teal?

southsider17
11-24-2004, 12:48 PM
The word "screw" is not an ethnic slur. I was hoping that in the year 2004 we were past using derogatory language.
Unless if you're an inflexible PC'er, "derogatory" is based on intent. So are you stereotyping JRIG as a bigot? I would hope that people nowadays would not slap labels on other people based on what they say, look like or where they come from (or even who they root for) without knowing the person or considering the context of a conversation.

This inflexible response to a percieved slight and rush to label are the characteristics of people who do not care to spend the effort to fully investigate the situation and/or are incapable of anything other than their own small view of the world. I.E. - Lazy and Stupid.

Did you even think of asking JRIG why he used that term? Or did you just see a single word and conveniently decide to lump on all of your stereotypes?

Again ...........

Silly Maggs
11-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Unless if you're an inflexible PC'er, "derogatory" is based on intent. So are you stereotyping JRIG as a bigot? I would hope that people nowadays would not slap labels on other people based on what they say, look like or where they come from (or even who they root for) without knowing the person or considering the context of a conversation.

This inflexible response to a percieved slight and rush to label are the characteristics of people who do not care to spend the effort to fully investigate the situation and/or are incapable of anything other than their own small view of the world. I.E. - Lazy and Stupid.

Did you even think of asking JRIG why he used that term? Or did you just see a single word and conveniently decide to lump on all of your stereotypes?

Again ...........

I was just joking man. Just having a good laugh and demonstrating the absurdity of political correctness in today's America.

southsider17
11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
I was just joking man. Just having a good laugh and demonstrating the absurdity of political correctness in today's America.
:redface: You really had me going!

gosox41
11-24-2004, 02:29 PM
So says the Associated Press:

The Cleveland Indians today signed free agent closer Bob Wickman to a one-year deal, two months after the club declined to pick up his five (m) million-dollar option. Terms of the deal weren't immediately available. Wickman made six-point-three (m) million dollars last year in his fourth season with Cleveland.

Too bad. I wanted him. But we have Walker so we're all set.

Bob

pearso66
11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
I think you had everyone going. You are a newbie so its you may not know, but thats what Teal is for. So everyone know's your joking :)

Welcome aboard

Jabroni
11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Damn, I wish the Sox would have signed this fatass. :tongue:

Foulke You
11-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Damn, I wish the Sox would have signed this fatass. :tongue:
Um, "fatass" is a derogatory term against obese people and you have offended an entire section of America. Please have the moderators lock this thread at once!:D: