PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Thanksgiving 2004 Poll

SouthSide_HitMen
11-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanksgiving is a time of year to give thanks for what we have. As a White Sox fan, what are you most thankful for during the past 2004 season?

MRKARNO
11-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Aaron Rowand's emergence. He went from decent backup to one of the best AL Centerfielders just like that. Only a few of us were touting Rowand to be the started while the others were pointing and laughing at the incompetence of those who were pro-Rowand.

Hangar18
11-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Im extremely thankful that the other team up north was served with
Vengeance by the Baseball Gods. The punishment was Harsh yet Just.
And it allowed the White Sox to Live another year ............

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-23-2004, 06:33 PM
garcia! first time in a long time the white sox signed a top tier pitcher to a multi-year deal.

Daver
11-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Who the hell is Aaron Rowland?

WikdChiSoxFan
11-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I am thankful for all of them. However, PK's comeback was what I was most pleased about. He is my favorite player and it hurt watching him struggle. It hurt even worse to hear my friends wanting to trade him for a vending machine and bag of peanuts.

Icing on the cake...first sox/cubs game at the Cell this year, every cub fan in the place (about 75-80% i would say) was standing, cheering on Zambrano to get out of the inning with two people on. A standing-O for a player on the away team? i was disgusted. PK put an end to that. Everyone who was standing sat down, and all the Sox fans stood up looking over to their neighbor and saying "in your face!" 3 run biggity bomb. I jumped up, put my ex-brother (disowned for wearing a red C), in a head lock, high fived my dad and then walked 5 rows down to the next nearest Sox fan and high fived them. That will probably be my #1 PK moment of all time.

Sorry, I'm nostalgic, I just read that "Why are you a White Sox fan" thread.

soltrain21
11-23-2004, 07:18 PM
It is all about Rowand. Shame on everyone else who is voting for the Cubs collapse. Our team has enough problems, lets just worry about us.

MINFAN1
11-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Just A great year for the flubbies. Now they become the only official cursed team.:supernana:

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Just A great year for the flubbies. Now they become the only official cursed team.:supernana: most of the dopes who cheer for the losers on the northside probably enjoy having the title to themselves..

OEO Magglio
11-23-2004, 09:58 PM
garcia! first time in a long time the white sox signed a top tier pitcher to a multi-year deal.
Agreed.

doublem23
11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Who the hell is Aaron Rowland?
I think he's on the same team as Jose Valentine. Got to love that joke.

Soxzilla
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
I think he's on the same team as Jose Valentine. Got to love that joke.
And Mark Beurhle.

I'd have to go with the success of Rowand tho ... he's an absolute dream to watch.

CubKilla
11-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm thankful that I didn't spend one friggin' dime at USCF in '04 at the 2 games that I attended. Thanks also goes out to the two people who provided me with the 2 free $0 face value tix so I could attend Opening Day and the 06/23 butt-whuppin'.

:reinsy

"Taking a page out of my book, huh?"

pinwheels3530
11-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Shingo saving us from Billy Koch! I knew Aaron would break out eventually, and Paulie would bounce back.

wdelaney72
11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
I know I shouldn't be stunned to see the Cubs collapse getting so many votes, but I am. Way to break those stereotypes, guys.

GET OVER IT, PEOPLE. THE CUBS ARE THE TOWN FAVORITE. SO WHAT!!! IGNORE THEM AND CONCENTRATE ON OUR TEAM - THE WHITE SOX.

SoxFan78
11-24-2004, 09:06 AM
Lots of good choices there, hardest poll in a while. I voted for Shingo, mainly for the fact that we had an answer for whenever Billy Croch would let the other team get back into the game.

Procol Harum
11-24-2004, 09:15 AM
I voted for Rowand...but in reality my choice would have been:

"I'm thankful the 2004 season is over!" :bandance:

(here's hopin' I won't feel the same way about 2005...)

jabrch
11-24-2004, 10:12 AM
I know I shouldn't be stunned to see the Cubs collapse getting so many votes, but I am. Way to break those stereotypes, guys.

GET OVER IT, PEOPLE. THE CUBS ARE THE TOWN FAVORITE. SO WHAT!!! IGNORE THEM AND CONCENTRATE ON OUR TEAM - THE WHITE SOX.
My sentiments exactly...

Baby Fisk
11-24-2004, 10:18 AM
I voted Garcia. Here's to a killer 2005 for Fast Freddy! :gulp:

HITMEN OF 77
11-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Konerko having an awesome season.

chisoxmike
11-24-2004, 12:10 PM
I am thankful for all of them. However, PK's comeback was what I was most pleased about. He is my favorite player and it hurt watching him struggle. It hurt even worse to hear my friends wanting to trade him for a vending machine and bag of peanuts.

Icing on the cake...first sox/cubs game at the Cell this year, every cub fan in the place (about 75-80% i would say) was standing, cheering on Zambrano to get out of the inning with two people on. A standing-O for a player on the away team? i was disgusted. PK put an end to that. Everyone who was standing sat down, and all the Sox fans stood up looking over to their neighbor and saying "in your face!" 3 run biggity bomb. I jumped up, put my ex-brother (disowned for wearing a red C), in a head lock, high fived my dad and then walked 5 rows down to the next nearest Sox fan and high fived them. That will probably be my #1 PK moment of all time.

Sorry, I'm nostalgic, I just read that "Why are you a White Sox fan" thread.
What was even better than that was Timo distracting Zambrano on first base, and Zambrano not caring about Crede and constantly throwing at Timo. Crede made it hurt and hit a 2-run bomb! That was classic. I remember the grin on Zambrano's face afterwards.

JUribe1989
11-24-2004, 12:54 PM
It was even sweeter because it was that spazz Zambrano. A moment that defines him is when he gave up a 2 run home run to Scott Rolen, surrendered the lead, then threw at Jim Edmonds the next pitch and was thrown out of the game.

JKryl
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
It was even sweeter because it was that spazz Zambrano. A moment that defines him is when he gave up a 2 run home run to Scott Rolen, surrendered the lead, then threw at Jim Edmonds the next pitch and was thrown out of the game.
Agreed. The only thing that was missing was Steve Bartman. I wonder if he had the balls to attend a Cubs game last year?

tadscout
11-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Of course I'm thankful for Crash's breakout, and Shingo's awesome frisbee... but most of all having a great pitcher like Freddy becoming a White Sox... :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Konerko having an awesome season.I did the same. Though the lack of success on the South Side made me very interested (and happy) in the Cubs final week (what a glorious week), I wanted to keep it about the White Sox. But I threw that option as #5 (since we still don't have a #5 starter :smile: ) just to see what the response would be.

35thStChurros
11-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Who is Aaron Rowland??? :rolleyes:
Anyway, I am very happy about his incredible year!!!

Foulke You
11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
I am thankful for Freddy Garcia coming to the Sox and then signing a 3 year extension. There would be ZERO talk of an AL Central title if this guy was not in your rotation next year. A great trade by KW and a great signing. Now what would make me REALLY thankful is to have Randy Johnson pitching for us in the starts before Freddy.:cool:

Nellie_Fox
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
It is all about Rowand. Shame on everyone else who is voting for the Cubs collapse. Our team has enough problems, lets just worry about us.

I was going to vote for Shingo, but you guys made me vote for the Cub collapse.

Lip Man 1
11-24-2004, 08:19 PM
I am thankful that I'm 21 years younger then good ol' Uncle Jerry. (I'm 49)

Lip