PDA

View Full Version : Injuns beating up on the M's

CerberusWG
10-13-2001, 04:40 PM
Something like 6-1. Looks like Seattle will face elimination in Game four.

Go A's :)

FarWestChicago
10-13-2001, 04:55 PM
The M's are going to have a tough time getting past the 'Toons if they don't start playing better. They can't seem to do anything right.

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
The M's are going to have a tough time getting past the 'Toons if they don't start playing better. They can't seem to do anything right.

Well look at it this way West. When you and Ode go to the ALCS you will get to see the A's beat up on the Toons.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well look at it this way West. When you and Ode go to the ALCS you will get to see the A's beat up on the Toons. Good point! We'll be screaming as loud as the A's fans. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 05:03 PM
Good point! We'll be screaming as loud as the A's fans.

Just don't be beating on a drum like the A's fans do. That is annoying as hell.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2001, 05:06 PM

Just don't be beating on a drum like the A's fans do. That is annoying as hell. It's actually not that bad at the stadium. I think they mic those guys for TV.

Chisox_cali
10-13-2001, 05:11 PM

Just don't be beating on a drum like the A's fans do. That is annoying as hell.

what do you got against drummers huh? I'm a drummer, DAMMIT!

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 05:18 PM
It's actually not that bad at the stadium. I think they mic those guys for TV.

When your watching on tv it gets annoying. But that's just my opinion.

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
what do you got against drummers huh? I'm a drummer, DAMMIT!

Nothing.

Chisox_cali
10-13-2001, 05:22 PM

Nothing.

i can be a real annoying drummer however

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
i can be a real annoying drummer however

Well, I guess that is better then being a bad drummer.

GASHWOUND
10-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Oh brother...What is it with teams with the top win totals. You have our Sox last year with the most wins last year, get swept. A Mariner team with the most wins this year getting embarrassed by the Toons? Good grief! You have a Brave team that struggled all year and had a low win total sweep the Astros.
What does that tell you?
Hell, Beats me..

Jerry_Manuel
10-13-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Oh brother...What is it with teams with the top win totals. You have our Sox last year with the most wins last year, get swept. A Mariner team with the most wins this year getting embarrassed by the Toons? Good grief! You have a Brave team that struggled all year and had a low win total sweep the Astros.
What does that tell you?
Hell, Beats me..

It says try to sneak into the playoffs withe the lowest win total and you will go far. :)

doublem23
10-13-2001, 10:54 PM
Now this pisses me off!

The best-of-five series essentially makes the 162-game schedule a total joke. If the Indians win the series that makes 2 years in a row, the the teams with the best records from each league will not make the LCS...

As much as I like the wild-card for keeping things interesting in the standings late into the season, I hate the LDS! Unfortunately, I see no way of solving things under the current 3-division system.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2001, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
As much as I like the wild-card for keeping things interesting in the standings late into the season, I hate the LDS! Unfortunately, I see no way of solving things under the current 3-division system. The LDS should be best of 7.

KempersRS
10-13-2001, 11:02 PM
The LDS should be best of 7.

Agree 100%

doublem23
10-13-2001, 11:04 PM

I like the idea, West, but that puts a real strain on pitchers....

KempersRS
10-13-2001, 11:05 PM

I like the idea, West, but that puts a real strain on pitchers....

But the season is a marathon, the playoffs shouldn't be a sprint. It should test depth.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2001, 11:06 PM

I like the idea, West, but that puts a real strain on pitchers.... Hell, us old guys remember 4 man rotations during the regular season. :)

Daver
10-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Hell, us old guys remember 4 man rotations during the regular season.

Who are you calling old?

I remember the 4 man rotation and I hate to think I'm old.

Hell maybe I am.

But then again what the hell do I know?

GASHWOUND
10-14-2001, 02:24 AM

That would work, but is there anyway the team with the best record would be able to get a by??? I don't know how it would work, but something has to give. They automatically go to the ALCS or NLCS. Any team can take a best of fve from a team, even if their bad. The DevilRays probably could win 3 games against Seattle in a best of 5. The ball just has to bounce the Devilray's way. But hey, it could happen. :)