PDA

View Full Version : A trade for Urbina possible....

Jurr
11-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Apparently, some people think we're among the frontrunners to pull a trade for Ugueth Urbina. This is news to me:

"Around the leagues

The Tigers will look to trade Ugueth Urbina now that Troy Percival has signed a two-year, $12-million deal to be their closer. Look for the White Sox and Marlins to be the top competitors for Urbina."

johnny_mostil
11-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Apparently, some people think we're among the frontrunners to pull a trade for Ugueth Urbina. This is news to me:

"Around the leagues

The Tigers will look to trade Ugueth Urbina now that Troy Percival has signed a two-year, $12-million deal to be their closer. Look for the White Sox and Marlins to be the top competitors for Urbina."
Native of Venezuela => Automatic White Sox rumor

Brian26
11-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Urbina is friends with Ozzie and stayed at his house last year. I wouldn't be surprised by this move at all.

SoxxoS
11-21-2004, 11:52 AM

POTW!!! :D:

southsider17
11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Hilarious! LMAO!!

:redneck

johnny_mostil
11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Hilarious! LMAO!!

:redneck
I haven't been paying attention, is there a Wilson Alvarez rumor yet, or a Richard Hidalgo rumor? [Actually, neither would be a bad idea at the right price.]

White Sox beisbol 2005: Your Caracas Connection

SOXSINCE'70
11-21-2004, 02:16 PM
I haven't been paying attention, is there a Wilson Alvarez rumor yet, or a Richard Hidalgo rumor?
No,but there have been inklings that Alex Fernandez,Ramon Garcia
(no relation to Freddy,I think),Melido Perez and Pascual Perez are
interested in signing with the team.And Wilson Alvarez is a Bora$$
client,so you know what that means.:rolling: :rolling:

johnny_mostil
11-21-2004, 02:33 PM
So which is stronger, the Caracas-Attractive Force or the Boras Negativity Field? We know the answer in the Ordonez experiment, but is that always true?

fquaye149
11-21-2004, 03:11 PM
I haven't been paying attention, is there a Wilson Alvarez rumor yet, or a Richard Hidalgo rumor? [Actually, neither would be a bad idea at the right price.]

White Sox beisbol 2005: Your Caracas Connection
espn projected hidalgo to come here...

which of course means HIDALGO will be opening in any city BUT bridgeport

johnny_mostil
11-21-2004, 03:26 PM
espn projected hidalgo to come here...

which of course means HIDALGO will be opening in any city BUT bridgeport
Corner outfielder, good defender, BB/AB about 1/10, coming off a down year so he'll be cheap... I can see why they projected him coming to the White Sox.

But he'd block LTP. Not a good thing.

FightingBillini
11-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Has Alex Fernandez even pitched since 1998?

SoxFan76
11-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Has Alex Fernandez even pitched since 1998?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/f/fernaal01.shtml

2000 with the Marlins.

Palehose13
11-21-2004, 05:28 PM

"Around the leagues

Trading within the division? Would it happen?

OzzieBall2004
11-21-2004, 06:57 PM
I guess I missed it, but what ever happened to Urbinas wife with the whole kidnapping situation? I dont remember hearing if i all ended up ok. I know Ozzie and a few other Venezuelan players said they'd help put up ransom money. Anyone know?

SouthSide_HitMen
11-21-2004, 08:15 PM
I guess I missed it, but what ever happened to Urbinas wife with the whole kidnapping situation? I dont remember hearing if i all ended up ok. I know Ozzie and a few other Venezuelan players said they'd help put up ransom money. Anyone know?
The situation (it is actually his mother, not wife) has yet to be resolved. The Tigers are unsure if Urbina would report on time this year.

MRKARNO
11-21-2004, 08:33 PM
We're just trying to make it so that the Venezuela baseball world cup team is made up entirely of White Sox players except for Magglio.

OEO Magglio
11-21-2004, 08:58 PM
I'd love to have Uggy but would detroit trade him within the division????

SSN721
11-22-2004, 11:22 AM
It is unfortunate but I still heard that the situation with his family is not yet resolved. As good as he I would hate to pay him and find out that he will have a mental breakdown or at the very least lack of concentration (well justified of course) due to the family situation. It might be better for him to take a year off til it is resolved and really shows to be mentally fit without these problems for him to worry about before being signed.

SOXSINCE'70
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
So which is stronger, the Caracas-Attractive Force or the Boras Negativity Field?
Let's call it a draw.:D: :D: