PDA

View Full Version : Hendry takes a shot at Sox attendance.

santo=dorf
11-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Jim Hendry was the guest at the University of St. Francis' "Brown and Gold Night" this year. He started off the dinner by saying "I can tell this is a Cubs room, because it's filled." Contrary to flubbie reports on the internet, my dad who was in attendance said he got booed after making that remark.

Another thing I found interesting is that Hendry said his biggest mistake last year was not picking up Eric Karros after he was released by Beane because of his clubhouse presence. That remark reminds me of KW bringing back Everett and Alomar for 2004 for their "presence."

Foulke You
11-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Of course, we KNOW Cubs management doesn't concern themselves with the Sox.

Remember last year they were "flattered" that our team would have a commercial featuring the Cubs. (US vs Them campaign)

hose
11-21-2004, 07:03 AM
Reinsy has been taking shots at the Cubs for years.
What goes around comes around.

Dan H
11-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Hendry is right. Wrigley Field is always filled. Filled with dolts who know nothing about baseball, people who think that Red Sox coming to Wrigley is the first such trip into Chicago for that team in decades, and suckers who will buy into any PR campaign the Tribune Company dishes out even if that means another century without a World Series championship.

ondafarm
11-21-2004, 11:00 AM
I've just moved back to Chicagoland and am very thankful that it is now conceivable to be a White Sox fan.

Elsewhere, people would ask me my sport and I'd say baseball. What city? Chicago. How about dem C**s! Not my team, American League. Oh, Yanks? God no. Oh, Red Sox? No. (long pause) Who else is there?

Brian26
11-21-2004, 12:51 PM
There's a baseball game going on?? I had no idea.

http://pub11.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?img=34731&usernum=909700292

white sox bill
11-21-2004, 01:51 PM

Great shot!!

white sox bill
11-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Hendry is right. Wrigley Field is always filled. Filled with dolts who know nothing about baseball, people who think that Red Sox coming to Wrigley is the first such trip into Chicago for that team in decades, and suckers who will buy into any PR campaign the Tribune Company dishes out even if that means another century without a World Series championship.
Yea, Dan the Trib. Company has to be laughing all the way to the bank. They are taking advantage of their position in the media, in the meantime millions of brainless suckers are throwing money @ them. I almost feel sorry for poor cub fans. Not their fault they were born with a form of mental illness.

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-21-2004, 04:07 PM

:thumbsup: :yup:

Vsahajpal
11-21-2004, 05:35 PM
How is this a shot at the Sox?

santo=dorf
11-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Hendry takes a shot at Sox attendance.

What part of that did you miss? :?:

The audience obviously knew what the hell he was talking about.

The Wimperoo
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
That's disappointing that my Alma Mater would bring in Cubbie trash to speak at Brown and Gold night.

DrCrawdad
11-22-2004, 01:19 AM

My thoughts as well.

SOXSINCE'70
11-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Hendry is right. Wrigley Field is always filled. Filled with dolts who know nothing about baseball, people who think that Red Sox coming to Wrigley is the first such trip into Chicago for that team in decades, and suckers who will buy into any PR campaign the Tribune Company dishes out even if that means another century without a World Series championship.PT Barnum liked to say "There's a sucker born every minute".

Might I add to that quote: "...and they're all sCrUBS fans"!!:D: :D:

Dan H
11-22-2004, 08:42 AM
:o: :dtroll: PT Barnum liked to say "There's a sucker born every minute".

Might I add to that quote: "...and they're all sCrUBS fans"!!:D: :D:
I have always said if you want to sell deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge, just stand oustide of Wrigely. You'll make a million.

Frater Perdurabo
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
That's disappointing that my Alma Mater would bring in Cubbie trash to speak at Brown and Gold night.

Agreed.

I too am a USF graduate (1998, History). Guess I'll just find a more worthy recipient for my charitable contributions. :redneck

Foulke You
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
:o: :dtroll:
I have always said if you want to sell deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge, just stand oustide of Wrigely. You'll make a million.
POTW material here.:D:

Flight #24
11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
:o: :dtroll:
That makes me wonder: How much $$$ could one make by standing outside the Urinal and selling "naming rights to bleacher seats as part of the bleacher expansion"?

Hmmmm......

ma_deuce
11-22-2004, 05:07 PM

Dude! Slap a "Not Safe for Work" sticker on that! I'm gonna get in trouble over here. :redface: