PDA

View Full Version : New Cubs announcer...

WhiteSoxFan84
11-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Len Kasper from the Florida Marlins radio team (I believe it's the radio team) will join Bob Brenly to make up the new Cubs television broadcast team.

Let's see, former Diamondback's GM who won a World Series 4 years ago. Former Marlins announcer who won a World Series 2 years ago. I see where the Cubs are going with this!

Palehose Pete
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
:whocares

It's bad enough that who will be in the booth for the Cubs next year passes as major baseball news for the Chicago media, but do we have to parse over the details here?

TommyJohn
11-19-2004, 07:59 PM

It's bad enough that who will be in the booth for the Cubs next year passes as major baseball news for the Chicago media, but do we have to parse over the details here?
You SHOULD care. We all should care. It's the premier job in all of sports,
remember?

BigEdWalsh
11-19-2004, 08:05 PM
It's the premier job in all of sports,
remember?
:chunks

I really don't care. I never watch the Cubs games anyway.

Brian26
11-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I somewhat delight in the fact that the Cubs lost their first choice, Steve Stone, and then lost out on Dave O'Brien and Matt Vasgarian. Hope Len enjoys his new job...even if he was 4th in line.

Viva Magglio
11-19-2004, 11:50 PM
You SHOULD care. We all should care. It's the premier job in all of sports,
remember?
Teal deficiency there, TJ?

JKryl
11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
What does it matter, this is the team that hired Chip, remember. Besides, Scrub fans are usually too drunk to listen to a broadcast anyway.

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

DrCrawdad
11-20-2004, 02:04 AM
What does it matter, this is the team that hired Chip, remember.

:carter
Yum, thynk u r furgetting mee.

soxnut
11-20-2004, 03:04 AM
I somewhat delight in the fact that the Cubs lost their first choice, Steve Stone, and then lost out on Dave O'Brien and Matt Vasgarian. Hope Len enjoys his new job...even if he was 4th in line.
I don't know why anyone made a big deal out of O'Brien in the first place. To me he's just another one of those generic sounding announcer voices anyway. Not sure I'd recognize Vasgarian or Kasper.

duke of dorwood
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM

Same way WE get managers

Rocklive99
11-20-2004, 12:48 PM
I think he was one of the Marlin's TV guys, which reminds me opening day of the MLB Extra Inning pack last year. "We sure are glad to see Vladamir Guerrero out of this league. Unfortunaly for Vlad, a tough task as the Angels are at Seattle as he'll be facing Randy Johnson, the Big Unit, later tonight."

:?:

TommyJohn
11-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Teal deficiency there, TJ?
I thought it was obvious enough that I wouldn't need it.

Kilroy
11-20-2004, 04:51 PM

Damn, when I read title of this thread, I picked the 3rd response to have the WHO CARES tag...