PDA

View Full Version : Disregard the media.......

Jurr
11-19-2004, 06:04 PM
As much as the Chicago media supposedly knows about the Sox and Randy Johnson, they probably still have no idea.

I'm learning first hand about sports media in America, and the level of speculation is terrible.
For instance, a very dear friend of mine is affiliated with a certain NBA team. He's on the coaching staff, and he's been coming under a LOT of fire by media outlets all over the place. There was one problem with a player that occurred a week ago, and the media is treating it like there's some enormous rift. The problem with the media is they hear one little shred of a clue of information and they build an entire scenario out of it to make a story. It's absolutely horrifying, and it can really ruin people's reputations and, in the Sox' case, offseason plans. KW is being very smart by not letting any more cats out of the bag, because the media can really screw things up.

We just don't know what's going to happen with this Sox team this offseason, and the speculation that a guy is or is not going somewhere is probably unfounded. Yes, RJ does want to go to a contender. The Sox could possibly be close if they had an ace like that. You just never can predict hitting.
The media refuted claims that the Sox were going to get Garcia, saying that the Yankees or someone else was going to outbid them. Didn't happen. These media moguls like to speculate on shreds of info to the point that they alter the entire reality of the situation.

The point of this is....don't lose any faith in the Sox offseason plans because of the media. I have a feeling that they're going to put something together that we'll be proud of.

tadscout
11-19-2004, 06:11 PM
As much as the Chicago media supposedly knows about the Sox and Randy Johnson, they probably still have no idea.

I'm learning first hand about sports media in America, and the level of speculation is terrible.
For instance, a very dear friend of mine is affiliated with a certain NBA team. He's on the coaching staff, and he's been coming under a LOT of fire by media outlets all over the place. There was one problem with a player that occurred a week ago, and the media is treating it like there's some enormous rift. The problem with the media is they hear one little shred of a clue of information and they build an entire scenario out of it to make a story. It's absolutely horrifying, and it can really ruin people's reputations and, in the Sox' case, offseason plans. KW is being very smart by not letting any more cats out of the bag, because the media can really screw things up.

We just don't know what's going to happen with this Sox team this offseason, and the speculation that a guy is or is not going somewhere is probably unfounded. Yes, RJ does want to go to a contender. The Sox could possibly be close if they had an ace like that. You just never can predict hitting.
The media refuted claims that the Sox were going to get Garcia, saying that the Yankees or someone else was going to outbid them. Didn't happen. These media moguls like to speculate on shreds of info to the point that they alter the entire reality of the situation.

The point of this is....don't lose any faith in the Sox offseason plans because of the media. I have a feeling that they're going to put something together that we'll be proud of.AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

hosieryofthegods
11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
As Tom Green said:

I've got my fingers crossed Freddy.

pudge
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
You're just figuring all this out?

:cool:

Jurr
11-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Well, pudge, I'm not just figuring all this out, but when it hits close to home it really opens your eyes to how ridiculous the media is in general.

Yeah, I am a guy that loves to read the papers and see what my Sox are doing, but sometimes I find myself guilty of looking too deeply into what they're saying and believing some of it.

I know they've gotta sell papers and all of that, but forging stories out of nothing is pretty ludicrous, and it seems like that's all they do.

As far as the Hot Stove departments go, they've definitely got some information as to what's going on, and they are right a decent percentage of the time on their speculation of player movement. But, as much as they'd hate to admit it, they really don't know what's going on inside the minds of GMs around the league.

I'm taking the stance from now on just to sit and wait for subsantiated reports before I get my hopes up or get pissed about what the Sox (or any of my other sports teams) are doing.

fquaye149
11-19-2004, 08:29 PM
As Tom Green said:

I've got my fingers crossed Freddy.
lol!!!!!

post of MY life

"i'm a 26 year old man...i can eat a chicken sandwich!"

kitekrazy
11-19-2004, 08:38 PM
The point of this is....don't lose any faith in the Sox offseason plans because of the media. I have a feeling that they're going to put something together that we'll be proud of.
Would that be something like "Sox sold to big ego billionaire who promises to provide a World Series to it's long starved Sox fans at any expense." After the sales transaction Kenny Williams announce his resignation as GM of the Chicago White Sox."

I can be proud of that. :bandance: