PDA

View Full Version : New Scout Seats to be Green!!

GiveMeSox
11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
The sox updated there rendering of the scout seats. The seats are now green and the layout has changed a little bit. It looks good.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/y2005/scouts_seats/scouts_seats.jsp

lths06
11-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Great. The blue and green will look so great together!!! If the seats will be green (which it looks like it) they had better change the color of the rest of them.

Jerome
11-19-2004, 05:26 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO.

When I get rich I am buying my season tickets there.

Baby Fisk
11-19-2004, 05:30 PM
:reinsy
"Now Sox fans throughout those 11 rows will be able to enjoy historic green seating, for as little as $170 a pop!"**

**one year commitment

Brian26
11-19-2004, 05:39 PM
That centerfield camera angle, in all seriousness, is going to look a thousand times better next year.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-19-2004, 05:49 PM
That centerfield camera angle, in all seriousness, is going to look a thousand times better next year. I'm hoping it isn't like Wrigley where there's a bunch of cellphone idiots waving to the camera. :(:

oeo
11-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Great. The blue and green will look so great together!!! If the seats will be green (which it looks like it) they had better change the color of the rest of them.
Well if those seats are to be green, then it would make sense that they would change the whole stadium bud. One year with green seats in a small area won't hurt anyone, besides, they will probably be full all the time anyway (at least I hope).

batmanZoSo
11-19-2004, 09:14 PM
The sox updated there rendering of the scout seats. The seats are now green and the layout has changed a little bit. It looks good.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/y2005/scouts_seats/scouts_seats.jsp
Well this will look dumb until they overhaul the whole park, but at least it's a definite sign for the future. And it will look great on TV because that's the only area you see (for the standard CF view which encompasses most of the broadcast).

ondafarm
11-19-2004, 09:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO.

When I get rich I am buying my season tickets there.
You have to buy several years of season tickets to improve your seating assignment each time.

FightingBillini
11-20-2004, 01:11 AM
I think it looks bad. They messed it up again. What is with the little iron fence in the center?! There should be a wall going all the way around the backstop, and it should be brick.

soxnut
11-20-2004, 01:46 AM
I think it looks bad. They messed it up again. What is with the little iron fence in the center?! There should be a wall going all the way around the backstop, and it should be brick.

They probably still need that for access to the field for pre-game festivities, reporters, etc.

But of course, it's only typical of a Sox fan to complain.

soxnut
11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
In that article, they say "currently called "scout seating" ". I wonder if there is a possibility that they may try to get a sponsor for that seating area. This way, they can use some of the naming rights money for other renovations.

I also thought I read on some blog somewhere that the revenue from the "scout seats" was going to pay for some of the FUNdamentals area.:?:

santo=dorf
11-20-2004, 02:16 AM
:reinsy
"Well maybe if more of you showed up for the games, we could fill those blue seats and noone would even notice."

skobabe8
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM

And if the wall were all brick, you'd complain it was a wrigley rip off, and maybe there should be a unique iron fence there instead. Just relax. Its gonna look much better than it did before.

SaltyPretzel
11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Anyone notice that the facade of the upper levels appear to be green also?

johnny_mostil
11-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Anyone notice that the facade of the upper levels appear to be green also?You think, maybe, just maybe, it's just a computer rendition and the actual color may vary?

Green seats -- what the Sox have been missing for fifteen years.

SpartanSoxFan
11-20-2004, 06:38 PM
What gives? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original plan to make all the seats green eventually?

Kilroy
11-20-2004, 08:14 PM
That centerfield camera angle, in all seriousness, is going to look a thousand times better next year.
Really? How's it going to look any different? As I seem to recall, there's always people sitting there. So the seats could be fuscia, and it really wouldn't make a difference...

FightingBillini
11-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Really? How's it going to look any different? As I seem to recall, there's always people sitting there. So the seats could be fuscia, and it really wouldn't make a difference...
You recall wrong. There is the big gapping empty hole behind home plate currently at the park. It is the Umpires Tunnel, and there are no fans in view of the centerfield camera. Besides, I think he meant that there will be seats there, not that they will be green.

FightingBillini
11-20-2004, 08:54 PM
And if the wall were all brick, you'd complain it was a wrigley rip off, and maybe there should be a unique iron fence there instead. Just relax. Its gonna look much better than it did before.
1) I have championed bricks here time and time again. Let the losers say we stole it from Wrigley. Bricks were along long before the Urinal. In fact, Old Comiskey had a brick exterior (unlike the Urinal), and originally had brick walls all around the field. I guess they stole it from us.

2) There are many different types of bricks. The bricks used currently throughout the park are a lighter, almost tan color. Bricks at the Urinal are dark red. Also there are different methods for laying bricks. Most brick backstops have the typical alternating "zig-zag" pattern, like all the brickwork in the Cell now. Minute Maid Park has a grid pattern on the bricks, they are stacked straight up. The Urinal has short bricks in between the long ones, not very common. If our backstop was brick it would look NOTHING like the one at the urinal.

I dislike the design for several reasons. The "unique" iron fence you speak of being one of them. Despite what someone said earlier in this thread, that is not necessary. People get access to the field in other parks without a big door in the middle of the backstop (ex. PNC, SBC, Citizen Bank, PETCO, Minute Maid - no door in the center of the camera shot). I think the large entrance in the center should have been made into two smaller one on each side, both for logistical reasons and so there isn't a gaping hole in front of the camera. For some reason, they took out the second row of seats in the section directly to the left of the entrance. Since the TV camera looks at the plate from a left-center perspective (pitcher on the left, batter in the center, and the backstop to the right), we will see......(drum roll)
ONE row of seats behind the batter on that side. It wont make the park look that much better. I am all for the Sox doing things to the park to make more money or make it look better on TV, and therefore more appealing, but they did this wrong. I am "bitching" because they did it wrong, it wont be much of an improvement visually. They could have done it differently and still allowed themselves to make more money, but they didn't.

Brian26
11-20-2004, 09:46 PM
The umpire's tunnel will be reduced, and the wall will be lower. More fans will be in view (similar to old Comiskey).

The Critic
11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm hoping it isn't like Wrigley where there's a bunch of cellphone idiots waving to the camera. :(:
That happens everywhere, anywhere there's a TV camera. There were even cellphone dorks waving to the camera behind the reporter at the Scott Peterson verdict. That is just one more unfortunate side-effect to an otherwise decent invention.

Oh, and judging from the artist's rendering, the Sox will apparently replace the seats around the scout seats with blue benches instead of individual seats! :redneck

JKryl
11-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if they'll get rid of the rolling billboard. That thing is REALLY distracting, and probably more responsible for turning off a game than the lousy play. :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

JKryl
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Actually, I seem to remember empty seats there quite often. And, if they have these in green, and the others in blue, the empty seats will really stand out.
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

FightingBillini
11-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Actually, I seem to remember empty seats there quite often. And, if they have these in green, and the others in blue, the empty seats will really stand out.There were never seats (empty or full) behind the batter on TV. Unless they begin an inning with a wide shot and zoom in, you cant see anything other than the black hole that was the umpires' tunnel. In all other parts of the park, however, you could see empty blue seats.

Kilroy
11-22-2004, 08:37 AM
You recall wrong. There is the big gapping empty hole behind home plate currently at the park. It is the Umpires Tunnel, and there are no fans in view of the centerfield camera. Besides, I think he meant that there will be seats there, not that they will be green.
There is a tunnel there, but there's plenty of fans in view on either side and above. Now, there will simply be more fans in view.

HomeFish
11-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I like how the scout seat aisles now match up with the Lower Deck aisles. That is a nice touch, and an improvement from their last online model of it.

mweflen
11-22-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm hoping it isn't like Wrigley where there's a bunch of cellphone idiots waving to the camera. :(:
Keep dreaming that dream. I for one am resigned to the notion of cellphone waving idiots on camera ALL THE TIME for every home game.

Rush20
11-22-2004, 01:04 PM
I think we might want to give JR a little credit on this one...Meaning, perhaps he's waiting for the full 15-year run on the blue seats so that the new green seats fall under standard operating/maintenance costs instead of the US Cellular rehab funds freeing up that money for future rennovations. Right Field upper deck, grand entrance, etc.

I believe the plan is for new green seats for the 2006 season. Plus, and this is a big plus, perhaps the SOX are waiting for the new right field upperdeck, fan area before ordering new seats. I would assume that the new green scout seats will be a slightly better seat than the standard seats similar to those found in the new Pirates ballpark. I think they are padded, etc.

With Levy getting the contract for the restaurant, I hope US Cellular funds aren't covering all the Scout Seat costs. I also think the final product is going to look a lot better than the artist rendering.

Lip Man 1
11-22-2004, 01:51 PM
While visiting Leo Bauby's White Sox picture site I came across something that made me think of this thread.

He has a picture up of Ken Berry from 1962, a color one. Berry is swinging a bat in front of the 3rd base stands. I found it interesting that in that picture you can see red, blue and yellow seats in different sections of the 3rd base line.

I remember the Sox having light blue seats, red seats in the first ten rows of the upper deck and the traditional green seats but this picture makes it look like at one time areas of seating where defined by colors. Perhaps akin to the ticket prices.

Lip