PDA

View Full Version : Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey ....

Hangar18
11-19-2004, 04:50 PM
its being played on the Drive 94.7 Fm right now ....
for any of you interested :cool:

robertks61
11-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I used to have the 45 when it was re - released after Nancy made it famous again!

Jurr
11-19-2004, 05:53 PM
MAN, I LOVE THAT SONG!

Damn...when do the catchers and pitchers report?? I did a sinus lift today and all of the other docs were talking about baseball while we were working. A room full of Cardinals fans, a Cubs fan, and a Sox fan, all jawing at each other while trudging through work. It makes the day go by so much quicker. Getting the juices flowing again. Football is nowhere near as fun as the 162 game grind that is professional baseball.
CAN'T WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vestigio
11-19-2004, 11:41 PM
its being played on the Drive 94.7 Fm right now ....
for any of you interested :cool:
Isn't 97.1 the Drive and 94.7 the Zone?

HomeFish
11-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I've grown rather quirky about that song in the past few years; I have an MP3 of it that I have burned onto several CDs, but I play it only on two occasions: after a Sox win or a Cubs loss.

The days when I get to play it twice are the best.

WinningUgly!
11-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Here's my favorite version...
Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey! (http://whitesoxinteractive.com//NaNaHeyHeyHARRYCARAY.rm)

SpartanSoxFan
11-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Here's my favorite version...
Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey! (http://whitesoxinteractive.com//NaNaHeyHeyHARRYCARAY.rm)
Sounds good, but I sure hope that is from Harry's days with the Sox, and not the Flubbs...:?:

:angry:

WinningUgly!
11-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Sounds good, but I sure hope that is from Harry's days with the Sox, and not the Flubbs...:?:

:angry:
"Na Na, Hey Hey" is not a sCrUBS song. That's from his days on the Southside.

SpartanSoxFan
11-20-2004, 03:14 PM
"Na Na, Hey Hey" is not a sCrUBS song. That's from his days on the Southside.
Good. :cool:

Dan H
11-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Any time I hear that Song, I think of one of the greatest White Sox years ever. If the team wants to solve its attendnace problems, look at films of 1977 and try to duplicate that atmosphere. It was unbelievable and unforgettable.

DumpJerry
11-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Any time I hear that Song, I think of one of the greatest White Sox years ever. If the team wants to solve its attendnace problems, look at films of 1977 and try to duplicate that atmosphere. It was unbelievable and unforgettable.Amen to that! It was an exciting season like none other. However, that would require Uncle Jerry to become a Bill Veeck clone, something he is incapable of doing. Brooks, on the other hand, has shown he can do that. That fact might get Brooks traded to the Flubs for Scammy.

mike squires
11-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I've heard it twice in the last 7 days. Once in a gas station and today coming out of Hometown buffet. It always makes me feel good when I hear it. For some reason I always think it's some black men singing that song...

LASOXFAN
11-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Any time I hear that Song, I think of one of the greatest White Sox years ever. If the team wants to solve its attendnace problems, look at films of 1977 and try to duplicate that atmosphere. It was unbelievable and unforgettable.
it was magical, no doubt about it.

pinwheels3530
11-22-2004, 05:08 AM
The Sox should play this song sometime during the game, maybe after Nancy plays "take me out to the ballgame". I would much rather hear a song that is part of our tradition instead of YMCA. I think Sox fans young and old would really get into it. I know my son does, I downloaded the song and play it for him he really gets into it cause he associates the song with his favorite team our beloved White Sox.

Soxzilla
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
The Sox should play this song sometime during the game, maybe after Nancy plays "take me out to the ballgame". I would much rather hear a song that is part of our tradition instead of YMCA. I think Sox fans young and old would really get into it. I know my son does, I downloaded the song and play it for him he really gets into it cause he associates the song with his favorite team our beloved White Sox.

Nancy plays it when the visiting team makes a pitching change.

Iwritecode
11-22-2004, 01:54 PM
I just watched "Kingdom Hospital" and it featured a scene in an operating room with this song being sung by the nurses, doctors and patients.

Yes, it was a really weird show but I'm a Stephen King fan and just had to check it out. Thankfully I just rented it instead of buying it...

BigEdWalsh
11-22-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm one of those old enough to remember when the song came out. I liked it a lot and bought the 45. I thought it was pretty darn cool when Sox fans adopted the song. But then as we all know Sox fans ARE SOOOO COOL! :bandance: Does that sound arrogant? Oh well. :smokin:

Brian26
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Nancy plays it when the visiting team makes a pitching change.
Nancy rules, don't get me wrong. But, the actual recorded song is much better than her slower version.

Brian26
11-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Nancy rules, don't get me wrong. But, the actual recorded song is much better than her slower version.
However, to give her just due, I do like her version of Runaround Sue better than that actual song.