PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Promotional Ideas

BRDSR
11-18-2004, 08:37 PM
How about this for a degrading but useful promotional idea:

As fans enter the stadium there is a man or woman holding out a hat, or basket, or something to collect money in. White Sox fans drop a dollar or two(or more) into the basket and are given a ticket or two(or more) with a number on it. At the break between each inning, a drawing is done for something small, with maybe a grand prize in the 9th inning.

At the end of the season, the White Sox announce the proceeds of the season. For every dollar that White Sox fans donated, Reinsdorf matches the dollar and puts it all toward a free agent signing during the offseason. The deal would be, the payroll would have to be raised at least as much as that total pool of money.

Now, of course Reinsdorf would never agree to this, more of his precious money. But the draw would be great. White Sox fans would want to contribute a dollar to go toward a better on-field performance, as well as wanting to contriubute a dollar toward costing Jerry Reinsdorf a dollar. Plus it would bring back the creative marketing of the Bill Veeck era. Just doing a little wishful thinking.

Parrothead
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=BRDSR]How about this for a degrading but useful promotional idea:

As fans enter the stadium there is a man or woman holding out a hat, or basket, or something to collect money in. White Sox fans drop a dollar or two(or more) into the basket and are given a ticket or two(or more) with a number on it. At the break between each inning, a drawing is done for something small, with maybe a grand prize in the 9th inning.
QUOTE]

They basically do something like that already....Sox split, except the Reinsdorf part.

voodoochile
11-18-2004, 10:18 PM
:reinsy
"Baskets for fans to throw money into with no accountability and all I have to do is match the total that I say we collected. HEY BRDSR, Welcome aboard! :D: I love this guy."

cbrownson13
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah, there would be no way to regulate that.

MUsoxfan
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
"Baskets for fans to throw money into with no accountability and all I have to do is match the total that I say we collected. HEY BRDSR, Welcome aboard! :D: I love this guy."

Reinsdorf would indeed love you. Imagine the glory of that intracable tax fraud. BRDSR, you must be JR is disguise coming up with profitable schemes to piss off fans

dcb33
11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
"Baskets for fans to throw money into with no accountability and all I have to do is match the total that I say we collected. HEY BRDSR, Welcome aboard! :D: I love this guy.":reinsy
"HAHAHAHAHA! It'll be all your fault as fans if we can't sign big free agents like Carlos Beltran because we only collected $35 from the baskets that we distributed around US Cellular Field!"

ewokpelts
11-19-2004, 01:42 AM
"HAHAHAHAHA! It'll be all your fault as fans if we can't sign big free agents like Carlos Beltran because we only collected $35 from the baskets that we distributed around US Cellular Field!":dollarbill:
good one jerry.....

OG4LIFE
11-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah, there would be no way to regulate that.
maybe install a few machines that count the dollar bills as they are inserted?

either way... lets say we draw 2 million... i'd say such a plan would raise 1 million at most, so we would be able to spend an extra 2 million on FA's..... not that big a deal.

might be a good bargaining chip, KW could just empty out the machines, all the nickles and dimes on his desk in a meeting with a FA, and say "see how much our fans want you to come to town?"

Hangar18
11-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Heres a Good One.
"White Sox 2004 World Champions" Commemorative Tshirt nite, first
20,000 Fans get a free tshirt ....... wait ...thats not gonna work

We should pull something the Cubs and their Fans would do ....
"SOX, 2004 World Championships" tshirts ..... we can pretend it was really
US in the world series

JKryl
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
At the end of the season, the White Sox announce the proceeds of the season. For every dollar that White Sox fans donated, Reinsdorf matches the dollar and puts it all toward a free agent signing during the offseason. The deal would be, the payroll would have to be raised at least as much as that total pool of money.
Not unless there is some sort of veto power for the fans. It's bad enough when KW has to answer for his picks. Anyone remember Royce "if I'm 'hittin a hundred I'm happy" Clayton?

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

dcb33
11-19-2004, 03:37 PM
:dollarbill:

Who is this guy? He has a sinister smile...

Rocky Soprano
11-19-2004, 03:38 PM
:dollarbill:

Who is this guy? He has a sinister smile...
he is the owner of the blackhawks, bill something.