PDA

View Full Version : Nobody wants Nomar?

lowesox
11-18-2004, 09:38 AM
In this article ( http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3173472 ) Ken Rosenthal suspects that Nomar won't have many suitors, saying that if things shake out the way they are, only the Angels will have serious interest.

IF that's the case, maybe the sox could get him at a bargain. Then, we could play Uribe at 2b and get an outfielder who can lead off (ie. Juan Pierre, Dave Roberts).

Also of note in the article: Urbina is available at closer for 4million and Rosenthal expects Benitez to sign for close to what Percival got. I think the Sox could use one of these guys to really solidify the pen.

jabrch
11-18-2004, 09:47 AM
In this article ( http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3173472 ) Ken Rosenthal suspects that Nomar won't have many suitors, saying that if things shake out the way they are, only the Angels will have serious interest.

IF that's the case, maybe the sox could get him at a bargain. Then, we could play Uribe at 2b and get an outfielder who can lead off (ie. Juan Pierre, Dave Roberts).

Also of note in the article: Urbina is available at closer for 4million and Rosenthal expects Benitez to sign for close to what Percival got. I think the Sox could use one of these guys to really solidify the pen.

That is predicated on Boston not signing Cabrerra...I don't think Hanley Ramirez is ready - so I hear Boston still wants to retain Cabrerra if possible. That would leave Renteria probably going to the cubs or staying in STL and the Cubs would then be a strong candidate to resign Nomar also... There is persistent rumor that Seattle is looking at SS also.

11-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Nomars agent also represents Frank Thomas and has a good relationship with the Sox, but I think that is the only hope we have with getting Nomar to come 8 miles South. I see him going back to California

Tekijawa
11-18-2004, 10:07 AM
He's Cursed, and Injury prone... I don't want him here!

Rocky Soprano
11-18-2004, 10:55 AM
I thought the Yankees were going to make him their 2nd baseman?

Brian26
11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
I thought the Yankees were going to make him their 2nd baseman?

The Yankees have never commented on that. Nomar was the one who offered that he would move to secondbase to help a team out that might already have the shortstop position filled.

Lip Man 1
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
The print edition of The Sporting News had a story on the Red Sox this week and they said the top two minor league shortstops are not ready and the organization doesn't expect them to be before 2006.

The story said the Red Sox would either re-sign Cabrera or seek a short term solution.

Lip