PDA

View Full Version : Former Sox News

WinningUgly!
11-18-2004, 03:10 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/formersox.JPG

Royce Clayton, who turns 35 on Jan. 2, has filed for free agency and is expected to sign a two-year contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks after the Rockies made the commitment to Clint Barmes, nine years younger.
Linky (http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/rockies/article/0,1299,DRMN_19_3334337,00.html)

Brian Daubach, was mistakenly charged with reckless driving after a traffic stop in Fairview Heights last week before a more appropriate charge of driving under the influence was imposed, the city's acting police chief said Tuesday.
Linky (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/story/E306DE9D886D327286256F4F001CA850?OpenDocument&Headline=Daubach+facing+DUI+charge,+not+reckless+d riving&highlight=2%2CDaubach)

MUsoxfan
11-18-2004, 03:18 AM
I can't believe that The Choice is still finding jobs. I was a fan of his with the Sox because of his defensive ability, but at some point enough is enough.

WinningUgly!
11-18-2004, 03:28 AM
I can't believe that The Choice is still finding jobs. I was a fan of his with the Sox because of his defensive ability, but at some point enough is enough.
The best part is that it's a 2 year deal! Is there any wonder why the D-Backs are broke? What a waste of money.

MUsoxfan
11-18-2004, 03:33 AM
The best part is that it's a 2 year deal! Is there any wonder why the D-Backs are broke? What a waste of money.
If I recall correctly, they did the same thing with R. Alomar. When a team like that makes the world's worst trade for Sexson bad moves are expected in the future. Hey....at least they have a world series in this decade. I'd trade it all for just one ring.

ilsox7
11-18-2004, 04:03 AM
I don't know what the question is, but Royce Clayton is definitely not the answer.

Sorry, we always used to say that about Mike Singleton, but it soooo applies to The Choice.

Soxzilla
11-18-2004, 08:30 AM
If I recall correctly, they did the same thing with R. Alomar.
:KW
"And we all know how that ended up .... YYYEAAAAPPP *adjusts his belt buckle*"

Kilroy
11-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry, we always used to say that about Mike Singleton...
Who the hell is Mike Singleton?

As for Clayton signing, its hard to call it a waste of money when you don't know how much money was spent. In the field, Clayton was a decent shortstop. But he has other flaws that make him undesireable...

WinningUgly!
11-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Who the hell is Mike Singleton?

As for Clayton signing, its hard to call it a waste of money when you don't know how much money was spent. In the field, Clayton was a decent shortstop. But he has other flaws that make him undesireable...
I'm thinking he crossed Chris Singleton, with Mike Singletary. It makes sense, because Singletary was known as "Samurai Mike" & Chris Singleton was known for his amazing Samurai sword-like bat speed.

Soxzilla
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking he crossed Chris Singleton, with Mike Singletary. It makes sense, because Singletary was known as "Samurai Mike" & Chris Singleton was known for his amazing Samurai sword-like bat speed.

:roflmao:

That's taking a joke above and beyond the call of duty. :happybday

Jabroni
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking he crossed Chris Singleton, with Mike Singletary. It makes sense, because Singletary was known as "Samurai Mike" & Chris Singleton was known for his amazing Samurai sword-like bat speed.:flameswing
"SCREW YOU, MAN! I'm a STAR in the making!"

ilsox7
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Hmmm, I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I'll chalk it up to being around 3 AM when I posted...

Foulke You
11-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Royce Clayton was the biggest bag of garbage to lace em up for the Sox in the last 10 years. Why would a rebuilding D'backs team waste money on this bum? Don't they have any AA or AAA SS they would like to develop?