PDA

View Full Version : Tigers' Percival deal might trigger Urbina trade...

Jabroni
11-17-2004, 09:46 PM
"Urbina will be set-up man -- or dealt"
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1925075

Look for the Flubs to attempt to acquire Urbina.

Lip Man 1
11-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Remember last year when Urbina was staying at Ozzie's house in spring training and how Ozzie said he'd love to have him but the Sox just didn't have the money he wanted? LOL.

Hey Jabroni is Urbina 'worth' the risk?

Lip

Jabroni
11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Remember last year when Urbina was staying at Ozzie's house in spring training and how Ozzie said he'd love to have him but the Sox just didn't have the money he wanted? LOL.

Hey Jabroni is Urbina 'worth' the risk?

LipYes, but the Tigers aren't going to trade him to a team in their own division.

WhiteSoxFan84
11-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Just a follow up on the Percival deal, it's a 2 year deal worth $12 million.

As I remember, Urbina's option that was picked up will pay him $4 million this year. Don't be surprised if the Tigers hold on to Urbina and use him as a setup man.

But like Lip Man said, don't expect to see him on the Southside. Tigers would be dumb dealing Urbina to one of their rivals. Look for Houston, San Francisco, and Chicago (Northsiders) to be contacting Detriot very soon about Urbina.

I posted this BEFORE I clicked on the link. Some repeated info.

ondafarm
11-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Yes, but the Tigers aren't going to trade him to a team in their own division.
The Tigers actually may make a run this year. ((God, does that sound wierd!!!)) Well, they wouldn't trade a valuable asset to someone in their own division.

pearso66
11-18-2004, 02:23 AM
i heard from my buddy in east lansing, that the detroit news is announcing that Percival is pulling hard for Glaus to sign with the Tigers, so they may sign both former angels.

WinningUgly!
11-18-2004, 02:57 AM
Isn't Urbina still dealing with the kidnapping of his mother? What ever happened with her? I haven't heard much about this, since the story first broke, several months ago.